It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mildly Spooky Event ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
... occured in Germany 20 minutes ago:

(Sorry if my English is not easy to read, but I have decided not to double-check with dictionaries anymore- in order to save time.)

It is almost morning here in .de, but I was still googeling some keyword combinations to gain knowledge on how the Unix filesystem logic is organized (...). Complete silence- I was very focused on the computer, but am pretty sure that no cars or pedestrians have passed by on the street for two hours or so. I live in a small appartment on the first floor, my windows are all open and TV/Stereo are turned off.

Then my doorbell rang briefly.

From where I'm sitting, I can watch down to the entrance of the building within a second, and of course there was nobody there. My appartment door is 4 meters to the right, and I could see through the door spy that the floor was dark.

I must admit that I did not have the feeling that some PSI phenomenon was waiting outside, and I understand that this is not the kind of story you have signed up for-

but still it was quite a mysterious incident, and hopefully you won't diss me for posting it to the board. At least, condescending comments should come accompanied with a valuation of the probability of autonomously triggering doorbells.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Did it start to storm shortly after, or was it storming recently beforehand? I've had electronics turn on and off Poltergeist style during/before/after a storm, so I would assume electrical disturbances could cause your doorbell to ring randomly. Then again it could be your doppleganger who knows

And your English is very good.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thanks for your kind feedback.

Yes, it is very likely that a rare electromagnetic or mechanic constellation was the cause-
but it did not happen under unusual weather conditions.

This is already my second doorbell experience btw. -
The first incident was a real terror for me (and my babysitter...). In the middle of a cold winter night, the buzzer at my parent's house started to ring nonstop. An alarmed neighbour investigated the case immediately, and found that the trigger button was frozen (in pushed position).
Not necessarily a paranormal event either- but isn't it eerie to visualize the moment when that button switched on, and in the same second froze tight ?

Anyway, I have decided to mount an antique gargoyle knocker on my door, as a welcome gesture for ghosts and Doppelgänger.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by popular mechanics]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
*sigh* another victim of a leprechaun attack...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I had something similar happen when I was 12 or so. My family was out for the evening when I had gone to bed and left the den light on outside my bedroom. Suddenly the light clicked off. I got up "sheepishly" and went to the light switch. I turned the light "on". The light switch on the other side of the room clicked the light "off". I turned the light "on" again and the same click came from the switch on the other side of the room. I finally turned it on one more time and this time it stayed. Needless to say, I was wide awake till the family got home.

That house had many strange things happen in it. When my father passed away I had to have it appraised. The day the appraiser came there was no one home and I met him there. He took several pictures. In one was a pic of a "spirit" of a small child looking out the window at us. First I thought it was a reflection from some leaves, but his fingers on the windowseal where there would be no reflection did the trick.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
When I was a kid, I was very good at (ethnic slur) knocking. It would really really aggrevate people. Sometimes a friend would bang on a window or door on the opposite side of the house. I'm sure we seemed liked ghosts to at least one person.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
popular mechanics, thanks for sharing. und woher kommt sie aus deutschland? ich wohne in heidelberg (badenwurttenberg). hofflich, seiner poltzergeist hat shone weck gegangen. ok, ich solle english sprachen vor ich alle meine worte benutzen. lol. is this your first paranormal encounter?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Prior to this,was there a thunderstornnearby, or a powersurge?

top topics

join