It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel: Iran equipped for atomic weapon by North Korea!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well this is not a very comforting development now is it. Didn't ol George say Iran will not be allowed to have Nuclear weapons? Hmmm If this proves true we could have a problem.

Intel: Iran equipped for atomic weapon
Sources say Bush stunned by news of N.Korea transfer

NUCLEAR WAR-FEAR
Intel: Iran equipped
for atomic weapon
Sources say Bush stunned
by news of N.Korea transfer
Posted: May 27, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern

While European negotiators focus on Iran's development of enriched plutonium, U.S. intelligence officials say Tehran already has completed all of the elements required for an atomic bomb.

The news has stunned President Bush, according to Geostrategy Direct, an intelligence news service led by national security reporter Bill Gertz of the Washington Times.

"It's an incredible piece of intelligence that overshadows everything we thought we knew on Iran's nuclear program," one U.S. intelligence source said.

Link

Could this be an axis after all?

N. Korea Won't Rule Out Pre-Emptive Attack

NewsMax.com Wires
Wednesday, May 25, 2005

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Tuesday refused to rule out a pre-emptive attack, even amid signs it may be willing to return to the nuclear bargaining table.

The North poured out anti-American rhetoric - a tactic it has used in the past before entering negotiations - by claiming that Washington's "hostile policies" led it to develop nuclear weapons as a deterrent and warning against any attack to dislodge its leadership.

"The United States should be aware that the choice of a pre-emptive attack is not only theirs," the North's official news agency quoted the state-run newspaper Minju Joson as saying. "To stand against force with force is our unswerving method of response."

[edit on 27-5-2005 by edsinger]

cjf

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You mean they might not be using nuclear technology for peaceful purposes after and all the speculation by various ‘watchdog’ organizations may be really, really true?

Here's a good article about Iran's future military

If there is complete legitimacy in many recent articles on this and similar topics, we all will be hearing about it very soon. And yes, it will be a problem.

BTW, from the first link you posted, the advertisement near the bottom of the page is fitting.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Not exactly the most trustworthy combo, World Net Daily and Moon's Washington Times. Here's and interesting link about Gertz:
iapprovethismessiah.com...

Would you trust this man?

EDIT: Or this man?

[edit on 28-5-2005 by curme]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
IRAN HERE WE COME !!!: flame:

SEE YOU ON THE PLAYING FIELD !

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Is this piece of information from the same US-intelligence that used faked photos and reports to prove that Iraq had WMD's?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The propaganda war is in full swing. To make people forget about how bad Iraq is going, give the world something else to think about. The set-up is coming and I'll be watching another lie filled speech from President Bush.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There's no credible reports of this I will not believe it yet. That said I wouldnt blame them working together as Bush has continually been aggressive towards these two nations

Sep

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
While European negotiators focus on Iran's development of enriched plutonium, U.S. intelligence officials say Tehran already has completed all of the elements required for an atomic bomb.

The news source lost credibility in the first line. "Enriched plutonium"?

And at the bottom of the article:

"SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time, you can get "Atomic Iran" from WND at a steep discount – below Amazon's price!"

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Sep]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Guys Worldnetdaily isn't a reliable news source.
How would you like it if I started getting news from Al-Jazeerah or Al-Manar?
As a muslim, I don't believe the US is my enemy. As Christians, Jews, Hindu's, Sikh's, Rastafarians, Athiests, etc. Neither should you see anyone else as your enemy.

However there are muslim extremists, who try to teach us muslims to hate others. And there are Jewish, Christian, Hindu etc, extremist also teaching the same thing against other groups of people.
We should not take the sides of these racist, nor should we read their propaganda.

Iran isn't going to attack the US, anyone who tells you that is trying to instill fear in you, in order to control you.
Resist, don't allow them to convince you that easily.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well this is not a very comforting development now is it. Didn't ol George say Iran will not be allowed to have Nuclear weapons? Hmmm If this proves true we could have a problem.

Intel: Iran equipped for atomic weapon
Sources say Bush stunned by news of N.Korea transfer

NUCLEAR WAR-FEAR
Intel: Iran equipped
for atomic weapon
Sources say Bush stunned
by news of N.Korea transfer
Posted: May 27, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern

The news has stunned President Bush, according to Geostrategy Direct, an intelligence news service led by national security reporter Bill Gertz of the Washington Times.

"It's an incredible piece of intelligence that overshadows everything we thought we knew on Iran's nuclear program," one U.S. intelligence source said.

Link

Could this be an axis after all?

NewsMax.com Wires
Wednesday, May 25, 2005

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Tuesday refused to rule out a pre-emptive attack, even amid signs it may be willing to return to the nuclear bargaining table.

The North poured out anti-American rhetoric - a tactic it has used in the past before entering negotiations - by claiming that Washington's "hostile policies" led it to develop nuclear weapons as a deterrent and warning against any attack to dislodge its leadership.

"The United States should be aware that the choice of a pre-emptive attack is not only theirs," the North's official news agency quoted the state-run newspaper Minju Joson as saying. "To stand against force with force is our unswerving method of response."

[edit on 27-5-2005 by edsinger]

You should place a disclaimer around your post "Warning, israeli inventions", so that people don't confound that with the other serious threads. Some children on this may be enticed to believe it because you have an eagle as avatar.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
June and July have been scheduled for the mass propaganda mission for Iran, Nukes & Terrorism.

This is right on schedule. A nice stinky nugget to scare the herd.

I reckon they'll want you pretty scared over the next 2 months.
Got gaffer?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin_hal

Do you have proof of that? That is like saying that Newsweek isn't a reliable news source.

As a muslim, I don't believe the US is my enemy. As Christians, Jews, Hindu's, Sikh's, Rastafarians, Athiests, etc. Neither should you see anyone else as your enemy.

I hope so. But then again, we are entitled to defend ourselves from those who wish and kill us dead.

However there are muslim extremists, who try to teach us muslims to hate others. And there are Jewish, Christian, Hindu etc, extremist also teaching the same thing against other groups of people.
We should not take the sides of these racist, nor should we read their propaganda.

Touché.

Iran isn't going to attack the US, anyone who tells you that is trying to instill fear in you, in order to control you. Resist, don't allow them to convince you that easily.

Yet, Iran cannot be trusted to possess nuclear weapons, at least not under the current regime there. Nuclear energy, yes. Nuclear weapons, no. Unfortunately, they have all the materials, technology and knowledge to pull it off in time. We are not taking any chance with it.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting set of mind, oleneo.

Originally posted by the_oleneo

Touché.

Here you say : Don't believe israeli propaganda.

Iran isn't going to attack the US, anyone who tells you that is trying to instill fear in you, in order to control you. Resist, don't allow them to convince you that easily.

Yet, Iran cannot be trusted to possess nuclear weapons, at least not under the current regime there. Nuclear energy, yes. Nuclear weapons, no. Unfortunately, they have all the materials, technology and knowledge to pull it off in time. We are not taking any chance with it.

Here you repeat israeli propaganda.

Now what ?

cjf

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

Here you repeat israeli propaganda.

Now what ?

Just out of curiosity, how is one by making the statement “, Iran cannot be trusted to possess nuclear weapons, at least not under the current regime there.”
followed by a known, established statement of fact “they have all the materials, technology and knowledge to pull it off in time.” spreading Israeli propaganda?

Has Iran not procure all the instruments necessary to pursue and advance its’ own nuclear ‘peaceful’ ambitions completely under the table for almost a quarter century?

Should not the mere concept, encircling the given history and the possible eventuality, of ‘Atomic Ayatollahs’ give a rational being at least moment of reflective pause?

Does the anti-US, general anti-western and anti-Israeli decades old political platform and propaganda spewing from the current Iranian regime command unquestionable international trust?

Or perhaps it one of the warm hearted statements made by the Expediency Council chairman and former president ‘Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani such as this one that instill iron clad confidence in Iran’s true peaceful ambitions:

"If one day, the Islamic world is also equipped with weapons like those that Israel possesses now, then the imperialists' strategy will reach a standstill because the use of even one nuclear bomb inside Israel will destroy everything. However, it will only harm the Islamic world. It is not irrational to contemplate such an eventuality.”
(Link)

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If you still believe all the WMD/evil muslims/we will all soon die/the final judgement is near/all bow before the "king of israel" israeli agitation bogus, i cant do anything for you.

Israel should just give the palestinians their stolen land and houses back, and pay damages, then we discuss further.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Do you have proof of that? That is like saying that Newsweek isn't a reliable news source.

I hope so. But then again, we are entitled to defend ourselves from those who wish and kill us dead.

Touché.

the_oleneo, if you visit worldnetdaily you will clearly see that they are a group of Christian extremists and tend to view muslims as their enemies.
It doesn't have a single good thing to say about muslims or their faith.
They are no different from Black or White Supremacists. When you consider a group of people as the "enemy".

Thats exactly what this site is, portraying one side as the enemy.
I believe I haven't treated you with disrespect.
I just don't understand why you can't put your point across without sounding witty as someone else's expense.

Yes, you have a right to defend yourself when you are attacked, but remember that these sort of distorted truths that these people are putting out are creating alot of tension.
All that I was trying to say is there is no such thing as a group of people who are your enemy.
Just because they have a different Religion or happen to look different.

Thats all that I was saying and if you disagree with that then I suppose I can't convince you.
But we can work on both sides to create understanding and peace.
If every person was out there spreading this sort of nonsense about the opposing side then we would all be in alot of trouble.

I'm telling everyone I know that Americans, aren't our enemies, neither are Jews, or Israeli's etc
If you do the same then we can actually make this world better.
Think about it, if each person did his share, we'd slowly be creating a better world.
Not just for yourself, but for your children and future generations.

If I chose to listen to certain militant Islamic groups I wouldn't be wasting my time with anyone here, because I'd be too busy looking down at you as not even being worth my consideration.

www.worldnetdaily.com...
If you navigate to the mainpage, you will see exactly the sort of propaganda they are preaching and you can clearly see they are anti-islamic.
Just look at the selection of books, "Atomic Iran", "Infiltration: How muslim spies subversives have penetrated Washington".

They have nothing good to say about muslims, neither does [hate-site-nolink] have anything good to say about Jews. Does that make them a reliable news source?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey
Is this piece of information from the same US-intelligence that used faked photos and reports to prove that Iraq had WMD's?

Yeah the same one that listened to the French, german, Russian, British, Saudi and many other Intel Agencies.....

I knew someone would try that one..still dont get it do they.

You should place a disclaimer around your post "Warning, israeli inventions", so that people don't confound that with the other serious threads. Some children on this may be enticed to believe it because you have an eagle as avatar.

Israel? You hate Jews or something? The Iranians already had a 'few' tactical nukes, now it appears they may have more.

As for the World Nut Daily comments, look CBS and CNN and Newsweek are not exactly reliable either...

Israel should just give the palestinians their stolen land and houses back, and pay damages, then we discuss further.

Ah now I see - Yes a Jew hater.

It would seem to be that by your logic, that all land won in warfare should be returned, so who starts? Where does it end? Isreal was attacked and it kicked arse and WON the land. You are lucky they didn't behead all of you, oh wait different religion, or that they didn't blow up all your supermarkets with human bombs, oh wait different religion....sorry you have no argument.

If you want the land back, I will say the same to Mexico. Take it back and if you cant , shut the hell up an get on with your life.

Originally posted by colin_halwww.worldnetdaily.com...
If you navigate to the mainpage, you will see exactly the sort of propaganda they are preaching and you can clearly see they are anti-islamic.
Just look at the selection of books, "Atomic Iran", "Infiltration: How muslim spies subversives have penetrated Washington".

Hello , you seem very calm and I can for the most part understand why you feel the way you do about WND.

I have a question for you. Is what the Atomic Iran book speaks of not on the direct world agenda at this very moment? What makes it untruthful?

As for the Muslim spies have infiltrated Washington. Well, what is the untruth here?

You seem pretty level headed so I will ask you. Why no outcry from American Muslims? Why the Silence? Are to to sit back and expect that they will not sell the US out at a moments notice? (Not that that would be representative of 99%) of them but the question remains. the Silence from the Muslim community in this country is not helping them.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by edsinger]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ed, can you point out where specifically you have read anti jew comments. I'm struggling to find any.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It would seem to be that by your logic, that all land won in warfare should be returned, so who starts? Where does it end? Isreal was attacked and it kicked arse and WON the land. You are lucky they didn't behead all of you, oh wait different religion, or that they didn't blow up all your supermarkets with human bombs, oh wait different religion....sorry you have no argument.

The current international legal system starts 1948 (that's why the british and soviet war crimes against the german population will go unpunished). As long as the land was won illegally (see UN resolutions on Israel), it must be given back,. You can't just kill your neighbour and live in his house. I'm not saying Israel must loose it's sovereignty over the land, but it should, at the very least pay damages to the 2 million palestinians and 2million ex-lebanese living in forced exile, for destroyed and robbed property and lost family members. "Winning" a land, as you put it, may be one thing, but flattening entire cities and killing the local population in order to terrorize them into leaving their homeland (as Hitler did with the jews he found in eastern europe) constitute war crimes, and should not be twisted nor maligned.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hello edsinger! Nice to meet you.
I haven't read the book "Atomic Iran", but I assume its no different from the sort of articles WND puts out, which is extremely negative and not helping matters.

What makes it untruthful is the fact that its not balanced (reference to the content of the site), which means I can pull a load of stuff from a Nazi website and say its truthful because its backed up by hard evidence.
Yesterday I was reading a long article written by a racist group called stormfront, for some reason their website name was censored the last time I displayed it.

They had an article talking about how Jews were evil, and they were backing it up with many sources.
They even had newspaper sources, and quotes from Jews admitting that they are behind a conspiracy.

It was pretty convincing, but the fact that a group of racist people wrote it. Ones who see jews as the enemy, murdering them is the final solution.
I don't think Jews are part of a conspiracy to take over the world, neither do I want anyone to think that I am part of a conspiracy to take over the world.
This is all stemming from paranoia, and its making people lose their humanity.

Before the US invaded Iraq for the second time, wasn't there talk about Iraq possesing WMD and are going to use it?
However the weapons of mass destruction were never found, so they had to say that Saddam was planning to possess weapons of mass destruction and he was stopped.

But there was a long search for weapons of mass destruction after Iraq was in the hands of America/Allied forces.
No weapons were found. However many people were led to believe that Iraq had weapons and would have used them very soon.
Now its happening all over again, Sept 11th was a tragedy that instilled alot of fear and anger in many people.

Which is understandable, and it came as a big shook.
However I think enough muslims have been killed already, I don't want to see more muslims being killed.
Nor do I want to see more non-muslims being killed.
At the moment however its the muslims that are being butchered which is something no one really happens to care about.

You say that muslims are being silent. Actually American Muslims are speaking out, however the media mostly pick-up on the extremists and make it seem as if those are the people with the support.
If you're going to read news from WND then I doubt you will hear anything about muslims speaking out.

www.foxnews.com...

However if the US is killing more than 3000 innocent civilians in Aghanistan, more than 20,000 in Iraq, do you expect the muslims to turn around shake your hand and smile?
These death tolls both surpass the Sept 11th death tolls.
Muslims also see America as the main ally of Israel, and Israel gets alot of bad publicity in Muslim countries.

I have never heard about muslims spying on the US, if there are any they have to be a extremely small number of people.
Sadly Muslims as a whole suffer because of such people.
Have you heard of US Spy planes? Everytime one is shot down why don't people start writing books and tell everyone that America is a threat to their way of life?

In August 28 2001, just before the wtc attacks, Iraq was bombed for shooting down a US spy plane.
US/Britain bombed Iraq and returned to their bases in Turkey (Adana) a country with one of the worlds largest Muslim populations.
Did these Muslims sell out America? Infact they helped them do something which isn't very nice to their fellow Muslims.

Maybe you think not enough Muslims are speaking out against Extremists in their midst, but in Arab Countries the illiteracy rate is well above 50%.
This means that there isn't enough education, with time things will improve, not with war!

It was nice speaking to you, God bless you and I hope to hear from you.

<<   2 >>

join