It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frustration: Seperating Fact From Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm just wondering who on here is a bit frustrated with the glut of misinformation, with the extreme speculation mixed with hard fact?

for the last decade I've been researching the effects of globalization related things, corruption in the elite/governments/financing, secret societies, CIA/drug connection, etc. and I've come to a thought:

Why is it, that you have two polar opposite worlds when it comes to combating 'new world order' type things? You have the eco, 3rd world labor concerned, corruption of government activists. You have the Michale Moores on th epopular left, you have great documentaries like The Corporation. You have people who have gotten the public to look at the CIA/drug problem, CIA coverups, the American banking/corporate relation with Nazi Germany...

but then you have a more much more fringe group, which comes from this very Christian or new age view often conflicting eachother. When I look for
real news on say the documented New World Order effects, corporations involved in horrible things in the modern day(say, Coca Cola), 9/11 and it's policy fallout, etc you end up with all this UFO Bohemian Grove Denver Airport Reptillian type stuff?

It's no wonder a lot of the social and consumer activism doesnt scratch the surface on the more conspriacy or world order type issues because a lot of it comes off as either: fringe new age, fringe patriotism, or Christian evangelism.

Who do you feel out there is of a more sound, non religious biased hard fact
conspiracy writer? Jim Marrs seems to be the closest, as I love reading about new world order/federal reserve/Bilderberg/CIA/Illuminati type stuff, just without the "end times! reptillian takeover!" stuff and everything relating to
pagan worship. I think a lot of these writers are on to something, but get so side track by their personal belief that they alienate a lot of stuff.
It almost feels like the realm of fan fiction has seriously engulfed this sort of thinking, where sci fi gets mixed in with uncovered documentation to present a kind of fanciful qusi-truth.
It's really hard to find objective, sound and balanced looks at this stuff.

I would really love to see a well done, Fahrenheit 911/The Corporation
level of quality look at all this conspiracy stuff, debunking or giving factual evidence on all the stuff discussed within the conspiracy circles, ot at least the top main points. Unfortunately, Im willing to bet all we'll have is more fringe lopsided sold out of the basement "NWO" eposes and whatnot.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by 8bitagent]

Cug

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

8bitagent
It almost feels like the realm of fan fiction has seriously engulfed this sort of thinking, where sci fi gets mixed in with uncovered documentation to present a kind of fanciful qusi-truth.

You have voted 8bitagent for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Frankly this is one of the best posts I have seen on the NWO forum. I'm almost starting to believe that the more fringe NWO people actually are part of some unknown conspiracy themselves.

[edit on 5/27/2005 by Cug]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

8bitagent

You have voted 8bitagent for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Frankly this is one of the best posts I have seen on the NWO forum. I'm almost starting to believe that the more fringe NWO people actually are part of some unknown conspiracy themselves.

[edit on 5/27/2005 by Cug]

Thanks, I'm just trying to understand where some people come from.
It's like stating that the sky is blue to say our government and the world leaders are beyond corrupt, so thankfully most people are on the same page there. There is a wonderful movment of activists around the globe doing their part to help bring change(heck, look how people in Bolivia fought off privatized water) But when people go to great lengths to
put down people of alternative religions, Mason charities, making a conspiracy out of every single thing, saying our world leaders are reptillians and making human sacrifices at retreats, etc it just gets a bit clouded.

There's a reason why the activist(be it anti corporate/anti consumerism, anti corrupt government, etc) wont take on a lot of these conspiracy things as a lot of it causes harm...the same harm that they are spose to be fighting against.

It's unfortunate, because you have the mainstream thinking all conspiracy and activist folks are just plain nuts when you have the kind of way out there fringe towering over a lot of things. Doesnt it stand to reason that the well read, well informed who write a lot of this stuff would realize some of the major falacies in what they are perpetuating?

[edit on 27-5-2005 by 8bitagent]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Maybe it's a conspiracy perpetrated by the 'real' conspirators to cover up their activities by deflecting attention away from the real dangers (which is relatively boring) to fantastic invented conspiracies (like all the ones you've just mentioned) which are high profile.

In other words - feed the gullible fools what they want so we can get on with our agenda in peace and quiet.
TONGUE IN CHEEK EMOTICON NOT FOUND

Seriously - who's going to complain about the 1st World / 3rd World stitch-up when we're all running around wondering who killed JFK or Princess Di?

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Trinityman]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You know, I have been feeling a change coming on for some time now. Since long before I had a name for it, "New World Order". When I first heard the term, and it seemed to be one in the same as the unpleasant feelings I had been having, I automatically believed the first person (I don't even remember who that was now, honestly) who explained it to me.

Since then, I have heard many, many different versions of it, to where I too am quite confused as to what it really is supposed to be, other than the general concensus seems to be that the end result would be a world-wide Police State. I don't like the idea of that at all.

But then, in trying to sort it all out myself, I find that my own biases are probably coloring what I have determined is probably the most likely scenario. For instance, I don't like Bush, so I suppose that because of that bias, I have automatically figured him and those close to him to be a part of it. I also detest Wal-Mart, so naturally, in my eyes, Wal-Mart and of course all large corporations figure in there somewhere also for me.

I suppose that other people, when trying to figure out exactly what the NWO will be, have either intentionally or unintentionally inserted some of their own biases into the picture. I wonder also, if maybe the concept of a World Police State stems from the fact that probably most of us have biases against those in authority - those who are in a position to tell us what we can or can't do, thereby having the ability to put restrictions on us, our freedoms, privacy, etc....

I mean, I figure that BushCo is right up there and Walmart not too far behind in leading the NWO, but until I was in the middle of making this post, I never really realized why I think that. Of course, it could be true.....Or not......

//ed for grammar and spelling//

[edit on 5/28/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

excellent post. hopefull this thread will get us all to try to establish and seperate fact from fiction on some theories.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Seriously - who's going to complain about the 1st World / 3rd World stitch-up when we're all running around wondering who killed JFK or Princess Di?

Exactly, I mean I get the basic gist. Theres been some bad in high posiitons of Governmental power who happened to also be FreeMasons or subscribed to Illuminati thinking...the Federal Reserve is privately bank rolled by elitst rich familes and bad corporations who also have their hand in lots of not so good for humanity things. The CIA has a history in drug trafficking and bad experiments. The White House was a little too buddy buddy with elements of al Qaeda. We know all this, theres not much to all this other that corruption usually wins, and the few who try to stop it(Lincoln, JFK) get taken out.

But so much of the conspiracy sites out there dont seem so concerned with worldwide global and human rights issues(isnt that what all this comes down to? Be it govenment subjegation or "aliens updating people", it's all human rights violations") but more with Xfiles fan fiction type stuff. I'm so sick of the ultra paranoid patriot/evangelist based stuff. Talk about obsessed with numerology and coincidences!

There was a big "Conspiracy Con" not to far from a geek convention Iw as at this past weekend in San Jose. I was really wanting to go to Conspiracy Con, mostly to check out Jordan Maxwell and get some funky shirts. For me the "Masonic Illuminati NWO corrupt corprations/governments" thing is more entertaining than anything, and makes for good reading. there's truth in a lot of things, but it's a basic human need to have elaborate fanciful tales.

What happens when the stories get debunked? You still have people hold on to them. What is just as fascinating as the real life conspiracies and coverups by the government are the conspiracy fringe theories that get disproved.
If you want to believe the worlds leaders are sacrificing people in a remote retreat, or that reptillians and Freemasons are staging a world takeover under an airport, I guess thats your perogative.

In the 90's when the X-Files, Millennium, New World Order pro wrestling, etc was mainstream television the public got their first taste with these sort of buzzwords. Unfortunately what happens is you have a lot of fanciful things that take away from the more pressing things.

Again, you have the Christian evangelists 'everything is the occult!', the new age 'reptillians and UFO's', patriots, and the X-files fans versus the global activists, culture jammers, anti capitalism, WTO protestors, etc. I don't see too much in between, and not many sites seem to have a balanced look at the fringe conspiracies and what's really going on in the world.

top topics

join