It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes best thing that happend to Japan.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think Chebob finally listens to reason, the A-bombs were not a good thing, this Chebob has always said, but it was the lesser of two evils.

A good quote I once heard (don't know who originally said it) was:

"It is easy to tell right from wrong, what's hard is telling what wrong is more right."

Truman has had to have lived the epitomy of that quote like no man ever has before or after him to this date.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
We are the United States of America!We have been appointed by God's divine message to scour the earth and clense it of those who are impure!
The sad thing is that some believe this.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
ALright, look back on Japanese culture. The only people more willing to die for their nation than them are, well, Vietmanese did well, but not as much as the Japanese.

You see, to the Japanese, it wasn't just a war for land and resources, but a war for honor. Do you know how many people died because of Japan? Leaving out the soliders? Oer a million! China lost the most, but Korea was hit hard, there were civillians at Pearl Harbor, there were civillians in the Phillipines, there were civillians all through out the area. The Japanese was training the people/trained the people for a land invasion. They were ready to fight to the death. Now true, not all in Japan were like that, but most were. Just like not all Arabs in the Middle East are religous fanatics, but most are.

Japan would nevr have surrendered unless forced to. Hell, they didn't surrender after the first bomb!!!! They took a nuke and were still wanting to fight!!!! How many nations would take a nuke and go "that the best you got?" Hell, if you were to bomb say, St. Loius, we would surrender most likely.

BTW-Off Topic: US is not a democracy, but represenitive democracy. We vote in the people we want to represent us. Unless it is the GOP, then they pay off, dump votes, "lose" votes, and all the other things they did in the Bush Election. Hell, Gore won it, he had the most votes, but the corrupt GOP screwed over the American Citizens.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm responding to the original post in this thread, not subsequent ones. Nor am I responding to the article he cited...just the bare statement in the original thread.

Economically, I'll agree that the a-bomb was the best thing to happen to Japan. After this atrocity, we went in, retooled their factories, etc., and basically made them the economic superpower they are today. I'd say they more than got us back here....

Of course, the effect on humanity in general is the real casualty here... Mankind was suddenly faced with the awesome responsibility of keeping himself from self destruction....

Was it the best thing to happen to Japan? Yes, in many ways (though victims of the bombs would mostly disagree). But, it was one of the worst things to happen to mankind....

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I can agree that the end of the war had a beneficial economic effect on japan .. but the bomb ? hmm i dont know

Also i think that Japan's economic success can only be imputed on the hard-working japanese, and not US investments, which generated far more than their share of returns ...

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well dang it!

I reckon them atomic bombs MADE them Japanese harder working and more perductive, juicing 'em up with good ole American ploo-tonium. Or, uranium, or gamma radiation like the Hulk. Whatever. USA USA USA!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Our guilty conscience made us pay for the retooling of factories for peacetime production. Couple that with a rapid-growing work force (not exactly known for just having a kid or two), and you've got a great manufacturing base... Not saying we deserve all the credit for shooting ourselves in the foot....but we certainly contributed to it.... Can't say I blame the Japanese though...they simply took advantage of a bad situation, so more power to 'em. I have a deep respect for their culture....and work ethic.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Unimen thinks hes telling us things we dont know. The fact is, the little Eurotrash runt has little clue as to what Demcracy is, otherwise, he wouldnt call America democracy. But then again, I think he has reading comprehension skill difficulties. No wonder. His delusions were only worthy of me giving him a good bashing to remind him of his place, his ignirance, and blind naievity.

Rouge:

That was the very incompetance I am talking about. Those bristish troops wouldnt have had to die, and Coventry and London would have never had to hear Air raid sirens, had your fool diplmats and leaders not sent you donw that path. Appeasing Hitler was the dumbest thing that could have been done, and was obvious. When he took power, anyone who read Mein kampf and listened to his mad rantings about a glorious Germano-Aryan Empire knew that Hitler planned long before of Tear assing through Europe, wiping out the subhumans and stamping thier flag everywhere they went. he planned on taking back all German land ceeded in world war 1. This was obvious even in the states, where the Jews, rightfully frightened, were filling the press: watch out for this guy, trouble in old Europe brewing. hitlers plans were clear from the start. You dont appease a madman bent on dominating and subduing the world by giving him more land and sacrificing countries to him. He could have been stopped, even though france, England, Holland, all these countries were stillw eakened by the war. Germany could have been prevented from rebuilding its industrial complex, and they could have been cutt off, snactioned, boycotted. World War 2 would have never happened had incompetant diplmats and leaders not fed the Hitler beast. Even the Russiand knew this, hence, they began a frenzied landgrab of thier own to start buffering an imminent German invasion long before it started.

World War 1 could have been prevented by doing the opposite of World War 2: using diplomacy. World War one was the multinational equivilant of a school yard brawl, starting with the Assasination of Austria's Heir to the Throne and his wife by some crazy Serb Nationalist. Countries pulled out alliances, whipped out thier guns, and the result was a bloody cluster# that upened us up to the age of modern warfare. And because of Europes stupid reaction and solution at the end of the war (blame Germany for the whole thing, even though they didnt start it) was the seeds for creating a broken, bitter German state: ripe for fostering hate and revenge that brought Hitler to power by popular approval.

Thus, both wars were the result of the stupidity and failures of your elites and leaders. The millions of troops that died in both wars died because your leaders didnt care anymore about thier bodycounts anymore than Johnson cared about the corpses coming back from Nam, or Bush cares about the body bags comin back from Iraq.

Had your leaders hadnled themselves with the best interests of thier people in mind, world war 1 would have never happened. Failing that, and learning thier lessons from world war 1, they could have prevented world war 2. But, true to all leaders and rulers, the rabble dont matter, and soldiers are simply nameless lumps of meat that are sent off to die horribly so our leaders can maintain thier level of comfort, luxury, power, and wealth. in the end, the only people who do pay the price of war is the civilian losers and the soldiers of both sides.

Europe still pays heavily today. Well soon follow if we dont flip a serious turn off this mad freeway.

Uni, you little mindless little drone, pay attention, boy. This is a history lesson you could surely use, as I have the feeling your edication has been sadly neglected.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lol, its rogue not rouge, makes me sound like a parisian whore.
But i understand your point, the way the Allies treated the Germans after the war, was a big mistake, but the loss of a generation of our young men was fresh in thier minds and i think revenge was in their minds as much as anything else. And so the seeds of ww2 were sown.
If you had said that you meant our leaders at that time were incompitent then i would have agreed, i thought you had lumpped the whole british people in with that statement, i appologise for the error. For the record i have never been Anti - American i have served in Germany with some US troops and found them able soldiers and good companions, nor do i consider myself European i am British/English and damn proud of it.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He could have been stopped, even though france

Ok, now that's probably reaching....
Seeing as how we always have to untie her from the tree and help her find her panties, everytime Germany's done with her...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sorry about the mispelling, Trooper, lol.

I was stationed in germany too. Where were you?

Of course, I would never call troops incompetant, most either simply are forced to fight, want to fight for thier countries, ect. They just take the burdens that thier stupid leaders put on them. Many German soldiers fought not for Hitler, but for thier country, to protect it from foreigners. They simply do what they believe is the right thing. You know, as a troop, than when were in the field, our level of awareness of whats really going on high up is null, we just get told to point, click, shoot. Our leaders dont care, ebcause they sit back on thier thrones, oval offices, whatever and direct us like masses of flesh to go seize this and that, they hardly care what condition we come home in, so long as they get what they want.

Like Bill Clinton, coward extroidinaire, who was prez during my service years, sending my friends, and almsot me, off to Bosnia during Christimas while he sat his ass in his toasty office playing hide the cigar with that overwieght bimbo intern. He is typical. he dont have to fight. Juyst like Bush, a deserter, a coke fiend, now sends our kids over there for target practice for the arabs while hes figuring out who gets the biggest oil contracts. They dont care. Its not thier kids or thier asses getting blow to little bitsy pieces......for NOTHING.

My ex boyfriends dad survived Dresden. My grndpa, born and raised in Birmingham, UK, his brother died in the navy during world war 2, sunk by a german sub. During my time in Europe, my German boyfriend was showing me old photos of prewar Frankfirt and Berlin, his gramps survivded Stalingrad. I came to the conclusion that over 100 million Europeans lives ended pointless in two gory wars that could have been prevented, yet the leaders of said coutnries, lost little, lived to be ripe old ages, and probably would do it again.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueTrooper
Lol, its rogue not rouge, makes me sound like a parisian whore.
But i understand your point, the way the Allies treated the Germans after the war, was a big mistake, but the loss of a generation of our young men was fresh in thier minds and i think revenge was in their minds as much as anything else. And so the seeds of ww2 were sown.
If you had said that you meant our leaders at that time were incompitent then i would have agreed, i thought you had lumpped the whole british people in with that statement, i appologise for the error. For the record i have never been Anti - American i have served in Germany with some US troops and found them able soldiers and good companions, nor do i consider myself European i am British/English and damn proud of it.

A generation? The WHOLE Commonwealht and colonies lost 452.000 troops and some 100.000 civilians of these 265.000 / 70.000 were from UK hardly a GENERATION lost.. Germany lost 5 / 3 MILLION.. Just think about it..

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I was in Paddaborne, thats prob not the way they spell it, lol. It gets bloody cold in the winter!!! But isnt it always the same? That we are always asked to die for our governments mistakes and fubars?

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

A generation? The WHOLE Commonwealht and colonies lost 452.000 troops and some 100.000 civilians of these 265.000 / 70.000 were from UK hardly a GENERATION lost.. Germany lost 5 / 3 MILLION.. Just think about it..

to a country as small as ours that IS a generation!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We lost 20.000 at the ballte of the somme alone ..... so your numbers dont sound right, im not saying you are wrong but the numbers dont sound right.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueTrooper

to a country as small as ours that IS a generation!

BullSh!t.. you had then some 50 million people in UK.. Finland had 4 million and we lost 100.000 / 10.000 killed.. more than 500.000 injured.. and 500.000 had to abbandon their homes.. i havent anyone here crying about lost generation..

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Just ignore me..

You were talking about ww1 casualities.. you are right.. UK did then lost A GENERATION..

I just assumed that you were talking about ww2.. and things got fcked up..

I will go now.. and find something else intresting..

Btw.. total Brittish empire loses in ww1 (killed, wounded, captured and missing..) 8,9 MILLION..

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Uninen]

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yep. 265,000 is more than the US lost in both Theaters, Pacific and Atlantic.

Besides, Uni, though Im sure you could care less about soldiers who die in the war, thats still far too many kids to be dying because thier leaders were too stupid to keep them from dying.

Germany lost a total of 10 million people, military and civilian. A loss that could have been prevented had the rest of Europe clipped Hitler in the ass before he got that powerful.

And let us not forget the 20 million plus that Russia lost, the biggest casualty of the war.

60 million and counting, 60 million people who died because of the stupidity and failure of European leaders and thier polcies, alliances, and failures. Thats just one war.

I will never get to see the fairy tale spires of Dresden, nor the beauty of pre war Warsaw because a bunch of #s in power could care less about the masses, as they do today. I will never get to see all this stuff I read about in history books because Europes leaders couldnt act like adults and instead, either failed to stop monsters like Hitler, or behaved like kids in a schoolyard.

And because of this failure on Europes part, America, the only power left standing and relatively untouched, sits today as superpower in the hands of a wicked Zionist regime.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf why do you say that i dont care? About people dying.. cause i do.. but if people have to die then i chose that one dying is a US trooper rather than Iraqi.. because your precense there is unjust and criminal.. but as i said.. it would be much better if nobody dies..

And the Russian ww2 loses.. most estimates state that USSR alone lost that 50+ million.. and all other nations 25-50 million..

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I really do know what you mean, my wifes Grandfather escaped from Poland at the beggining of the War, he joined the polish army and was part of the Polish force at Operation Market Garden, he survived but died before he could see his homeland again, he could not go home because of the commies. Im sorry for your loss, i truly am.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join