posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 09:14 AM
I get a kick out of these dorks who jump up and down over the Atomic bombings of Japan.
If you are against all war and all killing - fine. I can respect that. It is a perfectly logical and normal feeling.
But - if you wanna stand there and try to debate the morality of the US using atomics during WWII against Japan while ignoring or justifying other
equally violent acts, you are a fool. Lets set a few facts straight about Japan in the late 1930's and early 1940's:
- In an unprovoke manner, Japan attacked and invaded the sovereign territory of at least 1/2 dozen nations. Whereever they went they terrorized,
raped and killed the non-Japanese "gaigins" the had just subjugated.
- It is estimated that the Japanese, during the course of their invasion and occupation of China, the Japanese killed approximately 500K - 700K
civilians. CIVILIANS. During the Rape of Nanking, some Chinese historians claim the it is not unreasonable to say 300K people were killed in a 2 week
period by the Japanese Army alone.
- Also during the Japanese attack on China, they were the first country during WWII to use WMDs. Japanese planes bombed Chinese cities with
biological weapons using anthrax and plague.
- Tens of thousands of innocent Korean women were kidnapped at gunpoint and forced to join military units at the front as sex-slaves. Most never
returned to their homes.
- Japanese consistently did not fight war by established international war rules (Geneva Convention). Prisoners were routinely executed on the spot,
made sport of, and used as slave labor. The Japanese, cold as they were, often photographed these events and sent them home as "souvenier
postcards" to their wives, children and parents. Let us not forget the Bataan Death march where over 10K American and Filipino soldiers were marched
abyoneted to death will marching off the POW camps.
IMHO, the Japanese regime GOT EXACTLY WHAT IT DESERVED. I have been alive long enough to learn a few facts of life, and there are certain things that
are truisms. One of those things is "what goes around, comes around" and "you reap what you sow".
Plainly, if there was another way to defeat Japan without Allied loss of life AND the taking of so many Japanese live, I would choose it.
HOWEVER, since the Japanese themselves so often showed us that THEY THEMSELVES had no serious regard for innocent lives, civilian or otherwise, I will
NEVER feel guilty about blasting them back into the stone age. As far as I am concerned they ought to feel LUCKY that we didnt nuke the Emperor's
Palace as an example.
Now the Japanese are all a bunch of "peaceniks" and moan and groan about the "inhumanity" of atomic warfare, so on and so forth. Good for them.
Talk to the hand, cause Pyros don't give a rats a$$ about how indignat you feel, cause you Japanese are STILL DENYING your atrocities in the war.
Fess up, say you are sorry, and make good where you can. Then maybe we can talk about the morality of atomic weapons.
Otherwise, shut your cake-holes.