It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Axle 70 Wheel Semi Truck and Trailer? (pics)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

That is a specialized trailer used for hauling Mining Shovels and or parts. See them all the time around here hauling things for P&H Mining equipment going out west.

Hey thanks shots. That might make sense. It could have been on the way to a gypsum mine in the Fort Dodge area, or pretty much anywhere in the state to mine limestone. I'm now living in Kansas and I must say the limestone here is horrible! The limestone here isn't as strong as the limestone in Iowa, for use as building material.

[edit on 10/6/2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'd sure hate to pay it's fuel bill with the prices these days.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76

Hey thanks shots. That might make sense. It could have been on the way to a gypsum mine in the Fort Dodge area, or pretty much anywhere in the state to mine limestone. I'm now living in Kansas and I must say the limestone here is horrible! The limestone here isn't as strong as the limestone in Iowa, for use as building material.

[edit on 10/6/2005 by Seth76]

That particular truck was one of the norm, they do make other specialty trucks that have 116 wheels and one truck pushes while the other pulls.
The one below is carrying crawler shoes for a 9020 Dragline.

The shoes for the 9020 were manufactured by Daniel's Welding in Edson, Alberta, Canada. Each shoe weighs 245,000 lbs. (111,230 kgs). There was one truck pulling and one pushing, an overall length of 130 feet (40 meters) and requiring 116 wheels to make the 4 day trip to the site.

miningmatters.org...

The trucks are not limited to minining equipment alone, they also carry huge specialized machines weighing in excess of 70 tons.

Would it surprise you to find out it takes 40 such trucks to ship one 4400XPB and 20 trucks to ship one 2800. On the other side of the spectrum the really big drag lines take 120 rail cars and an additional 20 to 40 trucks for shipping one machine

new topics

<< 1   >>

join