It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject Resources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't know if this has ever been suggested before (if it has, I apologize) but I noticed an interesting feature on IgnoranceDenied that I think would make a good addition to ATS. On ID, under most of the forums, there is a sticky thread called something like 'Online Resources for ' and people list all sorts of relevant links, books, etc that are excellent resources for further learning on the topic.

For example, if I wanted to start such a thread in ATSNN.com, I would include links like www.cnn.com, www.msnbc.msn.com. In UFOs I would include stuff like www.heavens-above.com or www.nasa.gov... ANyway, I think you get the picture.

I, or anybody else, could easily start these sorts of threads, but due to the busy nature of the board, they will probably get bumped off the top of the board due to all the new submissions, and no one will ever see them. I was thinking the mods in each forum could set up a 'sticky' information thread or FAQ or introductory resources thread, or something along those lines. Let me know what you think, particularly if you are a mod

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Most any of the forums in which that would apply do have "topped" threads one can find in the first few slots of the particular forum.

FSME's (did I say that right?) like Infinite have compiled huge amounts of material in their forums. I know Seekerof has one of popular topics in War on Terror, Gazrok and others have great information in Aliens...

Just look. Add what's missing.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hehe, greatly appreciate it. Apparently I'm retarded, I didn't notice them. I must have looked in one or two forums that didn't have them, and assumed that none of them did. I use the 'my ATS' 'favorite forums' to find stuff on ATS, I hardly ever go into the forums off of the main page, so I guess that's why I never realized they were there.

Pretend you aren't a mod for a moment so that I can give you a WATS for denying my ignorance

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Scenic Overlook

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Apparently I'm retarded, I didn't notice them.

I seriously doubt you're retarded. I consider myself reasonably intelligent and overlook stuff all the time.

It's such a recurring problem that my catch phrase is "Oh, I see, you put that out front so I couldn't help but miss it."

I've been on ATS since last summer, and there are plenty of places I still haven't visited here, and things I must have overlooked thousands of times -- and still do.

ATS is huge, often overwhelming, but as you already know, a mind-blowingly cool resource for anyone who values "forbidden knowledge" or, for that matter, just stuff you would have to endlessly scour the web for otherwise.

Relax and enjoy!

top topics

join