It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F117 to South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
what do you think of reports the the U.S. is sending the Nighthawks to south Korea?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think the US might as well flip them off and encourage them to lanch that "pre-emptive" strike they've been talking about if that's the kind of thing they are doing. Seriously, we're not in good standing with these people who may or may not have nukes. I think it's a bad idea to invaid their airspace and poke around without at least some attempt at diplomacy. That's assuming that we are invaiding their airspace, of course.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I thought Clinton tried deplomacy back with his Presidency. it didn't work then why would it work now

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I also don't think we would have to invade there airspace to poke around. they probably already know everything the need to know from Satellites and spies that are on the ground there. I think we are close to taking out one of there Facilities. espeacially if the North is getting readt to test a nuke

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by finnman68
I thought Clinton tried deplomacy back with his Presidency. it didn't work then why would it work now

Great question! Maybe it wouldn't work, I don't know. I DO know what aggressive action will do, lead to more death. But perhaps you're right, perhaps diplomacy is dead. I just feel that proper diplomacy could prevent a serious chain of events leading to the US taking on more than it can, or should, handle at any given moment. We have our hands full with the middle east, would it not be better to make everyone else a little happier with the US than they are now?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hmm I didn't know that. I don't understand why having them in Guam is not adequate. Sending them to South Korea at a time when the DPRK is just now saying they might come back to the 5 party talks, saber rattling doesn't work diplomacy doesn't work; I dunno what should be done about the DPRK. Definitely an enigma.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
While European negotiators focus on Iran's development of enriched plutonium, U.S. intelligence officials say Tehran already has completed all of the elements required for an atomic bomb.
The news has stunned President Bush, according to Geostrategy Direct, an intelligence news service led by national security reporter Bill Gertz of the Washington Times.
Geostrategy says the intelligence information asserts North Korea this year transferred components to Iran to assemble a plutonium-based nuclear warhead

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Whos reporting this havent seen anything on the news sites unless im missing it,

any links?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
While I agree on Gertz' view of China, that man definitely has a few screws loose; I'd be interested in any other reputable sites that state that though.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Crisis in Korea
The negotiations with North Korea turned out to be a bust - Russia refused to participate, China balked at applying anything more than the lightest diplomatic pressure, and not surprisingly, the North Koreans refused yield to any of the administration's demands. Indeed, it appears as if North Korea's blustery statements are actually true - they have begun reprocessing plutonium for use in nuclear weapons.
A senior Defense Department official said that lessons from the attacks against Saddam Hussein of Iraq, including short-notice air strikes on suspected hideouts in the opening and closing days of the war, are shaping discussions of how best to re-arrange the American military presence in South Korea and nearby in the Pacific.
The goal would be to assemble in the Korean region the same kind of detailed intelligence on high-priority targets — including the location of the adversary's leadership — and the ability to strike almost instantaneously with precision weapons should the need arise.
"Truly, if I'm Kim Jong Il, I wake up tomorrow morning and I'm thinking, `Have the Americans arrayed themselves on the peninsula now, post-Iraq, the way they arrayed themselves in Iraq, rather than the way they were pre-Iraq?' " the senior Defense Department official said.
"And the idea is to make the North Koreans realize that we are arrayed, we are deployed, we are committed in Korea with the types of resources and types of capabilities that we brought to Iraq," he added. "And we think that doing that will make our deterrence there much more credible and much stronger."

new topics

top topics

join