It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies - Just a thought for Everyone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know if many of you noticed that I haven't been around ATS for a while now, and there's a reason for it. After spending many years reading and researching conspiracies, UFO's, NWO bla bla bla etc etc etc... I noticed a change not only in my behavior and also my way of thinking.

Reading and researching is great and whatnot, but I noticed myself starting to become a more negative person. After reading and discussing all the # that's wrong in this world of ours it tends to put a strain on a person. So I decided to step back and reconnect with myself and the person I used to be. Happy.

So this is just a reminder to everyone, while conspiracies maybe interesting and entertaining, make sure you take time to do something positive, and spend time with those that really matter most. Have a good time, have fun, but stay vigilant.

This post may sound stupid to some of you but I can't stress it enough. Life is already filled with tons of negative crap coming at us from every direction, we also need as a people to stay positive, and maybe someday we can change the world for the better, one person at time.

Thank You
Yours Truly, Ocelot
Proud Member of ATS since 2001.

PS: IM BACK BABY!

Come on I know you missed me.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Ocelot]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Welcome Back Ocelot. I for one have missed your insightful posting.

You make an excellent point in your post. I recommend everyone read it and take it to heart. I too have been spending less time at ATS for similar reasons. The problem with learning about conspiracies is that eventually you begin seeing them everywhere, and that's not exactly great for your mental health and interpersonal relationships.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_topo
The problem with learning about conspiracies is that eventually you begin seeing them everywhere, and that's not exactly great for your mental health and interpersonal relationships.

BINGO! Exactly. You hit the nail right in the head with that one.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Some of us are here for entertainment purposes.

Conspiracy theorists are fun to laugh at.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
welcome back

you are still the man and i remember all those times you helped me with my computer...

i missed you

you have a great point too...

i would have just visited BTS if i wanted to take a step back from ATS (not saying you are wrong or anything)...

but i would never do this probably because i love ATS

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I was happy when i started going on ATS now im as happy...

Proably cause i was nuts before i came on here and able to blank everything out when i so decide.

Now when you see those conspiracies in your sleep that when you know you need to shut the pc and spend some time in the white jacket with your best friend bush and his mistress Blair.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You are so right !

It's so easy to fall prey to this and it does and will make you negative. I hear at all the time on this site.

Some- Not all have been so disconected from reality you can tell in their writings no matter what the subject they always go back to the thing that either pisses them off or gets a rise out of others.

There is more to life than being on your computer 5-6 hrs a day !

Don't miss out on what really matters and what things that we can actually change in our lives for the better.

Welcome Back !

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Some of us are here for entertainment purposes.

Conspiracy theorists are fun to laugh at.

Yes they are. I laugh at myself all the time.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Excellent post.

I find ATS quite seductive and have to pry myself away at times. But like dave_54 said, I find most of it more entertaining than concerning.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ATS is nice, I believe a lot of people take this site with a grain of salt; however, when links are posted to the actual stories which are posted about to back the information, it becomes interesting.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yo Ocelot
I cannie stop meself reading these conspiracy theories but I do think it's best not to be too negative about them or take em too seriously. I mean you can believe them and everything but just not let them make you depressed because as they say:

WHAT YOU RESIST PERSISTS

The best way to get something is to pretend you've already got it in a way. If you want to be happy - that WANTING will send the message to the universe (or your subconscious or whatever) that this person WANTS - they don't HAVE - they're WANTING and that's what you'll be - WANTING. Thanking God, or the universe for what you HAVE means you reinforce yourself as someone WITH as opposed to WITHOUT and WANTING.

As long as we say "these bastards are ruling the Earth, no one can see it and there's nought we can do to stop em" the more it'll carry on.

My way of looking at it (and it might be a dellusion but then what isn't?) is "Sure there are power hungry bastards/ reptiles/ whatever ruling the planet - but if they're capable of this they'll never know the true happiness I get from loving and being loved and therefore I'm better off."

IN YOUR FACE - is what I say! But generally not at funerals.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrymac
My way of looking at it (and it might be a dellusion but then what isn't?) is "Sure there are power hungry bastards/ reptiles/ whatever ruling the planet - but if they're capable of this they'll never know the true happiness I get from loving and being loved and therefore I'm better off."

IN YOUR FACE - is what I say! But generally not at funerals.

As good a words to live by as any.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I totally agree with your post, it is beyond true. I try to keep my attitude in check, as this site changes my perspective on many things in life.

Sometimes, in school I am forced to blurt out that the history teachers are lying, etc., and everyone thinks I am crazy. So lately, I've been trying to look at some of the better things in life, while still spending time on this site.

Very insightful post though.

Omniscient.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think I am fine. While I do sometimes feel like there is conspiracies everywhere...it's only sometimes, and I usually turn it into a joke instead. I find comfort in the madness.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thank you Ocelot, I'm relatively new here,don't know you, others seem to. Your words were wise and succinct. Thanks.

Felt very much the same way myself. Everything in moderation.

Now back to channel-surfing.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Welcome Back, Kotter

Ocelot, it's damn good to "see" you again. The message you bring is an important one.

As I like to put it: Conspiracy theory is a fun hobby, and a terrible religion.

There's a lot of general negativity on ATS these days. Some of it is new, some of it as old as the hills.

Much of what we talk about on ATS is a grim business, indeed. That doesn't mean we need to give ourselves over to despair.

Seems to me your vacation was well-considered and has been of benefit.

May we all demonstrate similar wisdom and balance as we confront the difficult times ahead.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Heres a thought, or at least my thoughts for the people who take conspiracy theories a little more serious like myself. Sometimes reading about the worlds problems are an escape from the problems you face individually. Sometimes they are a GREAT escape, often better than drugs or alcohol. I once took it to the point where I thought if I solved the worlds problems I would then solve my own. This is a very bad outlook and you should always maintain the perspective that you cant solve the worlds problems, you only have the power to solve your own. But I still dont rule out the possibility that someday I may have the ability to help make a difference in the world as a whole but I know I have to work on my own problems before I can ever think about that. The world shouldnt be like this but if you blame the world for your problems you will never solve them.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Slam Dunk

Originally posted by alienpyro1
Sometimes reading about the worlds problems are an escape from the problems you face individually.

Sorry for a "me too" post, but I think you laid it out, nailed it and framed it.

Ironic, really, how much easier it is to solve the world's problems than our own.

Then you close with this:

Testify!

The world shouldnt be like this but if you blame the world for your problems you will never solve them.

If only I could have put it so eloquently.

I think much of the dissatisfaction we see around here comes from within.

So that's were we should start when it comes to fixing it.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
nice to see someone who has taken a step back from the frey to recharge.i have seen soo many ppl on here who take life wayyyy tooo seriously. i come on here for a diversion(entertaining and sometimes very informitive,without the media spin)

pleasure to post on your thread Ocelot

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

But I still dont rule out the possibility that someday I may have the ability to help make a difference in the world as a whole...

Sometimes this is the case, when somethings come along (Brazil Disclosure) where we can look back and see that we weren't crazy. These events are the most important in history and we were around to witness them. What about all the people that will die ignorant, believing everything they are told? How can the head of governments sleep at night knowing they are deceiving so many?

I know this may be exactly what Ocelot is talking about, and that I may be a little paranoid, but ATS among other things has opened my eyes to the possibilites. I'm sure that alot of you may agree that you can be skeptical and happy at the same time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join