It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US whitewash of war criminals, part XXXVIII...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is the latest joke in a series of administration attempts to live up to international legal standards and save face finding an easy exit in the unfortunate "war on terror" hoax.

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (AP) - A Marine Corps general dismissed murder and other charges Thursday against a lieutenant accused of killing two Iraqis without justification, the military said.

The decision by Maj. Gen. Richard Huck, commander of the 2nd Marine Division, ends the prosecution of 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano, a former Wall Street trader who rejoined the Marines after the Sept. 11 attacks.

"The best interests of 2nd Lt. Pantano and the government have been served by this process," the Marine Corps said in a statement.

Pantano had been accused of premeditated murder for what prosecutors maintained was the unjustified killing of two suspected insurgents in 2004 near Mahmudiyah, Iraq.

Prosecutors alleged Pantano intended to make an example of the men by shooting them 60 times and hanging a sign over their bodies - "No better friend, no worse enemy," a Marine slogan.

Pantano contended he acted in self-defense after the men disobeyed his instructions and made a menacing move toward him.

An investigating officer had concluded in a report to Huck that murder charges should be dropped against Pantano.

ap.tbo.com...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As i recall he was cleared of any wrong doing although they said he used excessive force in eliminating the threat. His wife was on o'reily a while back. I dont think it's murder when your being attacked.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
As i recall he was cleared of any wrong doing although they said he used excessive force in eliminating the threat. His wife was on o'reily a while back. I dont think it's murder when your being attacked.

His wife on tv ? What is her relevancy in the cold hard facts of wartime environnement and insufficient military drill ?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
the guy would not have been cleared if he'd done something wrong, believe me the corps would hang him out to dry. He was just doing his job and of course putting the sign on their bodies was a little much.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
did he really shoot them 60 times?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

This is the latest joke in a series of administration attempts to live up to international legal standards and save face finding an easy exit in the unfortunate "war on terror" hoax.

What do you know about this case that the rest of us don't? I posted a submission to ATSNN recently that languished for lack of votes that reported that an investigation into the matter revealed that allegations against Lt. Pantano were not consistent with the evidence. The investigator found fault with Pantano for having expended 60 rounds of ammunition, but found that he was not guilty of murder.

You're just using this story to display your enmity toward the US and the Bush administration. You should get your facts straight before you go spouting off.

[edit on 05/5/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Could you then just post your links here to your more comprehensive coverage of the story ?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You should find the whole story here.

Google Search

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Pantano however should receive nonjudicial punishment for firing 30 bullets at the Iraqis, then reloading and firing 30 more bullets.

I'm sorry but that doesnt really fit in together with the rest....

new topics

top topics

join