It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger Digs a Hole So He Can Fill It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Did anyone see a report on the staged events that Schwarzenegger is pulling off to show that he's there to do something for the state of California?

Governor digs fixing potholes
San Jose crews destroy part of road for staged event

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger traveled to a quiet San Jose neighborhood Thursday, and -- dogged by protesters -- filled a pothole dug by city crews just a few hours before, as part of an attempt to dramatize his efforts to increase money for transportation projects.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a classic example of wasted taxpayer dollars. Why can't he find an actual pothole to fill in? I'm sure he could have found some street that actually had a problem, and demonstrated his pothole-terminating skills there just as well. He's managed to bungle this PR attempt quite well.

The possible satire you could get out of this is endless. Let's start with government creating problems that they can fix, thus appearing to be doing something. *sigh*

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Gotta love that PR!

I see he's calling for a referendum (in Nov.?). Doesn't sound like he's gonna get his way on it. He's not only got public education against him, but also law enforcement. That's never good.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow. That's almost painful to watch knowing the facts. Yikes.

Not all PR is good PR, not matter what they say in Hollywood.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Do people really buy into that stupid PR?

Look! the da Ghuvna cares so much he's filling potholes! Give me a break. I hope the people shut him down on his prop.

Anyone from California? What are your thots?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Now even without knowing it was staged it is obvious it is staged. Let me point something out that us ladies would notice. He is wearing white pants. Now who would work with black asphalt in a suit with white pants? Give me a break Arnold, go back to the big screen.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
Now even without knowing it was staged it is obvious it is staged. Let me point something out that us ladies would notice. He is wearing white pants. Now who would work with black asphalt in a suit with white pants? Give me a break Arnold, go back to the big screen.

Someone who is completely clueless.

new topics

top topics

join