It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ouija board research

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Then without any forewarning, tell the operator that you are going to ask ten more questions of the Ouija Board, then blindfold the operator. As the blindfolded operator moves the planchette, do not provide him/her any feedback whatsoever; merely write down the letters pointed to. Ask ten similar (but different, of course) questions, record the answers, and compare the results.

i like this idea alot,
i feel that its an interesting way to see if the board is controlled via the mind or something paranormal. i like the idea of ask similar questions to the board and the operator as well.

Yes this will have to do with Ouija Boards although its more or less just tips to help research anything paranormal ...

Either way your brain is processing the information, so you could technically even be imagining the whole event and believe it all to have taken place.
The poor thing about these studies is that we as humans are always the observer no matter what.
The brain has no way of knowing the difference between what's imagined and what's seen by the eyes and "felt" by all your senses.

Ouija boards are for all intents and purposes (these days) built up from their past. It's a mentally recognized way of divining... I'd say unless you create your own board and choose your own rituals you're recycling old thoughts.

But then we have to step back and realize there will be those people who actually know how to use a board and those who will "believe" they've had something happen, it's amazing what happens when you make yourself aware of all the noises and happenings around you, things you usually never paid attention to before. I will explain it like this..

There are those who look at things with their eyes with emotions and ideas..
and then there are people who "See" they use their eyes but they do not see as regular people see, Regular people see with an ego attached or preconcieved ideas, while a person who can "See" looks at things for what they really are, i.e. Death: what if you were to see your son/daughter die infront of you, you would have two choices; to look at the deceased with your eyes and feel sorrow, being distraut over never seeing them again or to "See" the deceased and view the expansion of their life and understanding the body is merely a point, a place to "go" from, a place to store the emotions and learned sequences so we can reference them from time to time and to use those ideas like real physical jewels,
i.e. we enter our storehouse (our mental faculty) take the jewels(emotions/ideas) out and construct things with them

In other words we take dead things(ideas) and make them live through our experience...

So that would mean there are two seperate worlds that co-exist right off the bat.
The world as we see it with our eyes (emotionally and egotistically[neg/pos])

and

The world as it really is, living as a by-stander, without your input, without creating events through experience i.e. like hearing a creak from out of the corner and thinking ghosts are there through association (movies, stories[other peoples experiences])...

now those are just two co-existing worlds.. there are many more ... but those are the two you should focus on right now if you want to learn about Ouija and be able to decipher whether or not you are creating the events around you.

It's a difficult training to "see" .. to have an ego that you are egoless and yet you still haven't obtained its goals is the best.

Just make sure you only but Nice whole-some jewels in your storehouse because filling it full of coal won't give you diamonds.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

im planning on doing some research into the occult, etc and mainly im planning on doing a sole investigation into ouija boards. Is there any advice you can give me before i go ahead and do this?

Yeah, don't do it. There's plenty of true accounts as to why. Your will is your own but many of us make the mistake of giving it up without realizing it.

i have used boards before in the past, one experience really did scare me to the core.

What ways of protection should i use?

Using 'protection' is like tossing gasoline on a bonfire. Sometimes things seem to work, but come back later in explosive form.

What sort of Questions should i ask?

What answers are you seeking? I think you may be able to find them without a board or the powers that control it.

Im mainly looking for advice, im trying to get a few friends to help me on this and aid me in my research. Im interested to see how these boards work and if it really is the mind or a intelligence that controls the board.

There have been some really good previous threads on the topic. I think that'd be the first place to go.

Using the ouija alone
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Big Question
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
when you use ouiji board, you summon the wondering spirit "that happen to be nearby" to "play" with you

you will have no control as to what kind of spirit that will come, some can be kind, some can be mischievous, and some can be BAD you know...

in my opinion, is it rather dangerous, so better stop it

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Can anyone convince me that the board actually channels spirits? I have heard no evidence besides hearsay and speculation. I don't dobt something happens, but it always seems to be subjective evidence when strange things happen. I have used it and had no problems. There just seems to be too many wives tales when it come to discusions on this, or urban legends, or something. Any hard facts or studies anyone has come across?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by savagecupid
Can anyone convince me that the board actually channels spirits? I have heard no evidence besides hearsay and speculation.

Welcome to ATS.

I don't dobt something happens, but it always seems to be subjective evidence when strange things happen. I have used it and had no problems. There just seems to be too many wives tales when it come to discusions on this, or urban legends, or something. Any hard facts or studies anyone has come across?

Do you not think these entities are intelligent enough to know when they're being tested? They obey their will, not ours. You want something to obey you, get a puppy. Even then, obedience is marginal at best until you spend years training them.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Do you not think these entities are intelligent enough to know when they're being tested? They obey their will, not ours. You want something to obey you, get a puppy. Even then, obedience is marginal at best until you spend years training them.

You lost me. I don't want anything to obey, I just want some better evidence, besides " my friend's sister's brother's friend got scared once when using a wee-gee board." Not trying to be anything other than curious.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You lost me. I don't want anything to obey, I just want some better evidence, besides " my friend's sister's brother's friend got scared once when using a wee-gee board." Not trying to be anything other than curious.

Sorry, I didn't mean to aim that blast at you. It was more or less directed to the mentality of "we own a ouija board, we're in control". The only thing more valid than testimony is experience and I think this is very dangerous territory. Yeah, I didn't see a ouiji board fly across the room, smack up against a wall but I did hear it and saw two 'bullies' I knew for years bolting out of the house white as ghost because I was in the next room over hanging out with a friend. The third person in there was my friend's older brother who was badly shaken and told us what happened. I've encountered the source of power that drives the tool in many other forms though, none of it is happy and none of it is any good. Apologies again for the grand reaction.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Mate, I hope you've had a long, hard think about this. You shouldn't fool around with this kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Can anyone convince me that the board actually channels spirits? I have heard no evidence besides hearsay and speculation. I don't dobt something happens, but it always seems to be subjective evidence when strange things happen. I have used it and had no problems. There just seems to be too many wives tales when it come to discusions on this, or urban legends, or something. Any hard facts or studies anyone has come across?

I tend to agree with you on this.
Most of it does appear to come from old wives tales and religious folks who are frightened for the souls of mankind thus labeling everything evil that has just a hint of being "out of the ordinary."

My grandmother played with one, from what I understand quite a bit.
So much so that my mother would come home and see her mom looking upset at her and she would say,
"what did ouija tell you today."

Now this does not go to say anything good or bad about it persay.
But I will say this. If you are uncomfortable with it, you probably should stay away from it...however I am not convinced that someone without any preconceived negative ideas about it would be adversely affected.
Any sideeffect would come from their psyche perhaps.

What I mean is that the board is probably nothing more than a way to dig around in your own closet (consciousness), if you have alot of spiderwebs (fear, etc.) it probably will help to manifest that for you.

So you could use anything for that matter to achieve the results that one could expect from a ouija board, and perhaps even with some positive effect as you probably would not go into it with the negative baggage that comes with the name "ouija board" to help pull you down.

Now thats good and fine, you may say, if I were interested in getting to know my conscious better, but Im talking about ghost, how do you do that? Isnt this the purpose of the board? Isnt it spirits communicating with me?

My point exactly, not necessarily.

Kind of hard to explain, but I dont want to put any limits on what the possiblities may be.
But seeing that we are what some may term "Infinite consciousness" it could be said that your not looking to much past yourself.

Well, enough for now.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
fine u want an a true story? i am 14 right now. i went over to my friends house 1 night to spend the night. so we get bored at bout 11 pm and go over to this gurls house cross the street. her friend is over too, and there using the board but it isnt working. so we all start to use it. first, we ask some stupid questions. then we get serious. so first thing thta happens, is the lights go on and off. then stuff in the room starts moving. so were kinda freaked right now. so we ask it to show itself. and it did. in front of us materialized this thing, it was hideous beyond comprehension. and it was evil. we could feel it.so we were all huddled in a corner trying to figure out what to do. so i am so freaked i thought i was going to die so i started to say hail mary's. and it just disappeared. so at first i thought it coulkd just be a mass halucination so we all wrote down what we saw before we said anything. and it was all THE SAME. man we did every cleansing ritual we could find on the net. so later we decided to try soething. we put her grandmothers diary on the board while we were using it. and her grandmothers spirit came and is protecting that room to this day. and then we burned the board. i will never use one again. and if u think im lying i dont care. i know it was real.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Most of it does appear to come from old wives tales and religious folks who are frightened for the souls of mankind thus labeling everything evil that has just a hint of being "out of the ordinary."

Excuse you, but how do you think I became "religious folk"? I didn't do it by sitting on my arse thinking someday I'll learn something about it. This stuff happened when I was not "religious folk" and made me question it. At the time, I was inviting death and planned my suicide so obviously I was not "frightened for the souls of mankind". Well, one question leads to the next, I poked, prodded, asked and experienced. It's called learning. Apologies to those adversed to doing so, but this site is no home for anyone who cannot accept the primary principle - deny ignorance. In the terms and agreements, there's a clause about posting false information. I signed up under that agreement and hold true that any testimony I give as the truth. If it is false, kick me off the site.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey Saint,

Sorry to hear that you sound upset.

Any statements made were general statements that may or may not apply to
certain peoples belief system(s). (Which do not define who they are, as beliefs tend to change.)

Thank you for your story

Gods peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

...I poked, prodded, asked and experienced.

Im curious, what is your story? What did you experience?

[edit on 3-6-2005 by dAlen]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A few years ago me, my mate and his parents tried ouji board in his house and all the glass broke in his house, his dad buried it because that is apparantly the only way to destroy it.

A few weeks ago at a holiday in Spain with a few mates, we made our own ouji board, made it in my room and used it in my room. It diddn't work but the next morning i saw names engraved on the painting above my bed that werent there before

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Hey Saint,

Sorry to hear that you sound upset.

No worries, I just don't like being thrown into catagories. Especially ones I don't fit into.

Any statements made were general statements that may or may not apply to
certain peoples belief system(s). (Which do not define who they are, as beliefs tend to change.)

Thank you for your story

Gods peace

dalen

Ah, but you didn't say 'generally speaking' or 'I think' or 'In my opinion'. Even if you did, it sounded like a very hasty judgement call.

S'all good, we're here to talk and discuss. I promise to be candid but had no intentions on being hostile, so sorry if it sounded that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Im curious, what is your story? What did you experience?

I wouldn't mind sharing, but it's about 3 pages in length. I don't think you're here to swing an axe at me so if you'd like to U2U me, we can talk more about it.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
For all the nay-sayers... once again, as on the different ouija threads...

IT IS A TOOL.

A board is not good or evil. It is a piece of cardboard or wood, with a plastic or crystal "mouse". It is how you use it that makes it into something else.

People get shot and killed every day by guns. Are guns evil? Or are the ones who point them the evil ones?

How many car accidents are there every day? How many children die in cars when the weather is hot because the windows were closed? Are cars evil?

OR...

How many Catholics condemn children to hell because they were not baptised? How many wars were fought because the Judean God wanted it? Is the Bible evil for having the Holy Wars, the Spanish Inquisition, the Witch Trials?

The ouija board IS A TOOL. Plain and simple. So you commune with spirits. Big deal? Would you people rather we channel?

I got one!

All of those who declare the board evil, I have a scenerio for you, one of my favorite experiences with the board.

The board told me to *gasp* BELIEVE IN THE ONE GOD

Egads! Burn the evil device! Spawn of Satan!

But, I suppose, some people would rather we continue to channel, or perhaps even do some automatic writing...

Would the evils that come of that require us to sew our mouths shut and chop off our hands?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
one of those boards said that I will live in New York in 20 years and i was not suprised because I like New York but when it said that I will be a mail man i knew that couldnot happen im to messy and to ambitious to sink down to that level.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If you, as you said, find a couple of people to "play" with the board, then YOU write down some questions that only YOU know the answer to. Like "what is my mother's father's mother's maiden name?
What was the name of my first pet dog? What religion were my real father's parents? Keep the answers secret and put the cards with the answers somewhere where everybody can see that they're not being tampered with.
In my case the answers would be Thurston, Lassie, and Jehovah's Witnesses, but none of them are things that I usually find any need to discuss.
I'm pretty sure that no one else knows the answers, so if the board gave those answers, we would know that it's real. That's why you write the answers in advance, so that each of the other "players" know that the other one is not fudging.

PS. I know that "playing" is not quite the right verb for using a Ouija board, but what else is?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join