It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ouija board research

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
im planning on doing some research into the occult, etc and mainly im planning on doing a sole investigation into ouija boards. Is there any advice you can give me before i go ahead and do this? i have used boards before in the past, one experience really did scare me to the core.

What ways of protection should i use?

What sort of Questions should i ask?

Im mainly looking for advice, im trying to get a few friends to help me on this and aid me in my research. Im interested to see how these boards work and if it really is the mind or a intelligence that controls the board.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My advice to you Infinite would be to approach this game with much caution. I do believe that you delve into a spiritual realm when entertaining the "ouija board"...people are opening themselves up to a realm that is real. It doesn't always have this affect. When I was young I had friends who never had any "bad" expeiriences with it. I, on the other hand, had an interesting experience...

I was 13 years old and my cousins and I (who were older then me) decided to play the game. This was when the ouija board had just come out into the stores. (Telling my age here!)
They were pretty ruthless when it came to us younger cousins. They decided to ask a question for me...first. They asked who I would marry when I grew up. The little thingy that moves around the board proceeded to spell out BOB. Huh!! Well, little did they know that I had a major crush on this guy who lived in the neighborhood...named BOB! No one knew that I had a crush on Bob...or that we were connected in any way. It freaked me out. I was all alone in this freakiness...and just a KID! It spooked me. Oh, BTW...my cousins were controlling the thingy you put your fingers on or above...I never touched the thing!

Well, the story goes on. When I was 17 years old I was dating a guy named Bob. Not the same neighborhood crush Bob from when I was 13. I was going out with Bob for almost a year when I realized that he wanted to marry me. I found out through my Mom...he had no clue that I knew this. He was waiting til I turned 18 which was only a few months away. Bob had some major issues however, and although he was a wonderful guy and my Mother loved him. I found out that he was an alcoholic. I was way too young to have to deal with this kind of issue at my age. I didn't want to marry Bob. I kept thinking..."is this the best i could do?"

I tried breaking up with Bob and he cried his eyes out. I tried several times being nice to him...and NOTHING worked...it got worse! During this time I met a guy at a place I was working and in the same week of meeting John and trying to break up with Bob....the ouija board game I played when I was 13 came rushing back to my mind....I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! There was no way that I was going to marry BOB...just like the ouija board said I would....it would have been the worst thing I could have done with my life! This also freaked me out because I thought it had predetermined my future somehow

I married John 6 months after breaking up with BOB...and have been married for 26 years!

If I had married Bob it would have ended up in divorce because today he is still an alcoholic, never got help and has never changed.

Moral of the "ouija board" story.... It is used as a catylist to enter a realm that is filled with darkness and evil. This realm we are not to have anything to do with. Entertaining these spirits can be hazardous to your well being. I kid you not.

I have had several friends (at my age now) who have told me of countless times that they played with the board in the past and have had an aweful experience.

Here is a bit of history on the board if you don't already know....

cocco

THE OUIJA BOARD AND ITS HISTORY BY JOHN ZAFFIS
Since the beginning, people have been able to make some type of communication with the Ouija board and through other methods of communication. This has caused a tremendous amount of problems for allot of people, especially those inexperienced. You can play with the Ouija board and nothing will happen, but somewhere in the future something could. You must remember there is no time in the spirit world, things do not have to happen right away. Things will start to happen just when you seem to have everything going good for you, and then it hits you, just when you least expect it. I can tell you that I've worked on many cases where things will occur one to seven years later. I would like to share with you some of the history of the most controversial things I know of and that is the old Ouija board. I do not recommend that you play with this board, as something, somewhere, somehow, will hit, as it always does.
In 1853, a French man named M. Planchette invented a device that would be named for him. The Planchette was a small, heart-shaped table with pencils attached to its legs. Those who used it claimed that it operated by spirit force and ghosts were able to write out messages from beyond. But a short time later, another invention would revolutionize the Spiritualist movement and have an impact that still resounds today... the Ouija board. Shortly after the planchette came to America, a cabinet and coffin maker from Maryland named E.C. Reiche devised a new method of communicating with the dead. He devised a wooden lap tray with the letters of the alphabet arranged in two lines across the center of the board. Below these letters, he placed the numbers 1-10 and the words YES and NO in each lower corner of the board. He kept the planchette connected to his board but removed the pencil tips and placed wooden pegs on the bottom of it. In this way, the planchette was free to move about the board. It was always believed that Reiche named his board the Ouija because the name represented the French and German words for yes (OUI AND JA) but this was not the case.
He named it that because he believed that the word ''Ouija'' was actually Egyptian for luck. Needless to say, it's not, but since he claimed to receive the words from a spirit on the board, the name stuck. But Reiche was more interested in spirits than making money and he sold the invention to his friend, Charles Kennard. He soon founded the Kennard Novelty Co. and began producing the first commercial Ouija boards. Shortly after the company started, the shop manager William Fuld decided to go into business for himself. He forced Kennard out of the business and changed the name to the Ouija Novelty Co. He began producing the ''Fuld's talking Board" in record numbers and became a successful businessman. He became a member of the Baltimore General Assembly in later life, but all was not well. He remained in control of the company for the next 35 years but in 1927 during a brief slump in sales, Fuld strangely took his own life. He climbed to the top of a Baltimore building and jumped to his death. Fuld had created a new industry with the Ouija board, which he claimed to have invented himself.
He started the apocryphal tales of the naming of the board (using oui and ja) and claimed many of his successful sales plans came from the board itself. His heirs maintained the company until 1966, when they sold out to Parker Brothers. Today this company owns all of the rights and trademarks to the board and still produces it in large numbers. In spite of the fact that it is now sold in toy stores, it remains an exact duplicate of the Spiritualist board that was sold many years ago. The Ouija board is one of the most controversial methods of communication ever invented. It has been condemned by parents and religious groups, they often cite this for cases of a malevolent forces masquerading as good. This can cause emotional damage and sometimes even possession, and is this possible? YES, this is a link to the dark side, where you can not control what can come through. "I CAN'T AND YOU CAN'T"!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
thank you for the advice Cocco, i will be protecting myself and i know that Ouija boards have an evil about them. i will try my hardest not to get sucked in by the board

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A sole investigation in ouija boards? This is not a good idea.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Are you seriously telling us that you can't find anything else better to do? How 'bout some charity work or spending time with your girlfriend? Don't mess with those things and don't say nobody ever warned you!!

That being said, my devious side says go for it. Whatever entity you end up channeling through the board, by all means invite it in to your life. I hope you find something 'cause I'm gonna laugh my butt off when you start posting about how the walls in your house are bleeding and how the wallpaper is peeling off the walls by itself. No offense intended Infinite but I've noticed that alot of your posts are depressing in nature and if you do find evil it will feed off that depression. But, I have a feeling you're going to do it no matter what anybody tells you, so good luck.

Peace

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
No offense intended Infinite but I've noticed that alot of your posts are depressing in nature and if you do find evil it will feed off that depression. But, I have a feeling you're going to do it no matter what anybody tells you, so good luck

none taken,
thats why im asking for advice, im not going to jump two feet in and say "hey, this is going to be fun" cause it isn't, it could be hell. But i've heard thats there is ways to protect yourself from attracting evil spirits, etc. Im currently researching into these protections.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The subconsis mind can do such cool things.

My research:
Lights going on/off in street through increase fear while taking a walk. (Everywhere I would walk, went back inside my room and it did the same and I said "STOP", it stopped.)

Subconsis take over through Ouija story (Making me feel my soul is trapped in woods, making me wounder around thinking I have to find it through the woods, pure obsession that somehow taken over for a while.

Building a cab making me think I was dead in it, trapped through a reality, I was so into the game it taken over, used old ripped apart computer desk, put it against the wall right under the window, wrapped a red blanket from on the window and covered the wooden desk against the wall somehow forming a cab and a little entrance. It made me trip out for a secound,
the game told me to feel around for a supposed "dead body", felt extreme chills, ontop of the cab, was a small little puffed baseball bat (what it looked like), was told it was my arm.

Next morning, went to my grandfathers house, saw a orange figure behind, turned around it was gone. Cant explain but it was weird yet fun.

Midnight played - Went for another walk and the sun was bright on me and heard a voice (Dont remember what it said), was on way to look at the water on the beach in my neighborhood area. I saw symbols on the sand and heard another voice wich I also dont remember.)

That was about it, then I stopped playing for good.

The most fearful time playing -

Night time played, told at night reapers feed on souls at night (Was laughing), then I turned on the tv of course and stopped playing, I heard a voice and was watching the news, everyone was puking green, changed to cartoon network for anime to relax, everything was puking and I felt my hairs stand and increased fear started. I stopped, then thats when the lights went on/off wich I mensioned up top.

I tell the truth on what happened. I would be very careful not to play it too much, I think it results in negativity, creating your subconsis to do certain things. It is not fun, it taken 3 months to get rid of my psychological happenings after playing the game.

For example, being watched, being feared of voices and the like. What happened to me was no joke and I know it was result in negativity through the subconsis.

It can also result through psychological hand movement,
for example when you are addicted you get use to your fingers movement for spelling out words and sometimes I would get basic ouija response through my own mind. It is a game I will never play.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by phantomviewer]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
im kinda worried about carrying out this research

a) i dont want to make my house haunted

and

b) people have gone insane due to this,

i am considering putting this off until another time or doing research without messing with a board.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Infinite.....that really is a good call, after much thought!

cocco

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Infinite,

It is a bad idea to try to "research" the ouija board. I know from experience, as when I was young I tried it with friends (out of curiousity of course), but from what I know, you will not know what or who you will contact, and you will probably invite bad entities, (even if you aren't trying).

One should never dabble in witchcraft (and it is a form of that, as you are summoning spirits).

just my advice on it,

Faeryland

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Faeryland]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Another ouija board investigation thread? Very well...

Try placing different object under the board... different tarot cards will yeild different type "characters" to manifest. Same thing with the dollar bill (root of all evil), different books (the Bible is a pretty cool contact), and on and on...

Or make your own board. Make one with any kind of board (cardboard does work), and draw the symbols of the four elements, one in each corner. OR get a copy of the Necronomican and draw the 50 Names of Calling along the boarder (that's a neat, but strong, one).

Let your imagination and inner voice go wild! And why stop at the board?

Tape or tie a crystal to the pointer. Draw symbols on the pointer. Don't even use a pointer... a pendulum works alot better, as if it was a magnet...

Or try going through the Paranormal group of ATS and find various other ouija board threads, or try searching, too...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Aparently my brother and his wife had a bad spiritual experience in this house. I believe it was related to messing with the Ouija Board, (contacting a bad spirit I would assume). Anyway, their pet rabbit was picked up by it's ears and dropped to the ground, by, I guess, a spirit.

Troy

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
where can i find a copy of Necronomican?
Amazon?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
where can i find a copy of Necronomican?
Amazon?

Well to find a copy of the original book is hard, and then to find the seperate pieces of paper which have the real seals and real names to the important parts is even harder...... I believe the only way to find the book would be esoterically if you had the original which is written wrong purposely, through trial and error... and well you'd better be a damn good sorcerer if you want to be doing that..

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I have voiced my opinion on this many times before....and from one who know very well, how to do and what to do....I also advise caution! As to you "researching" the occult....well, fooling around with a ouija board does not really constitute research into the occult.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
and well you'd better be a damn good sorcerer if you want to be doing that..

Im not a sorcerer so i wouldn't mess around with that sort of stuff. I think i've played with Necronomican spells before of the internet and got the feeling of something chasing me (could of been another type of spell, cant remember).

but yeah, ive stopped playing around with Magick now cause ive been "burnt" afew times, had some scary experiences.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Infinite, Go for it. The board, IMO, is just a way of focusing the users thoughts. Your hardest part will be finding someone who won't "cheat " and make the board move on purpose. Try this: convice yourself that the board works in different ways before you use it and see what the results are. For example tell yourself that it is spirits(good/evil) contacting you through the board, then that is your subconcious, then that its aliens, then that the board is B.S, then its mans universial conciousness, etc what ever you can think of and check the results, i think you will be surprised. If your really worried about "spirits" infesting you or your house look up a quik banishing ritual to use afterward. Have fun. Oh and the Necronomicon is not real. At least the ones you can buy are not.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
those boards are scary, i wouldn't mess with them. All your messing with is the devil.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Infinite, the best research I can think of is to see if you can determine whether Ouija Boards actually work, since most people don't think they do.

Many people believe that the "messages" from the Ouija Board are caused by subconcious directing of the planchette by the operator. In other words, according to this hypothesis, the operator subconsciously (or unconsciously) directs the planchette to spell out whatever answer they want to have spelled out.

On the other hand, people who believe that the Ouija board has some paranormal power say that what is happening is not directed by the operator (even subconsciously); but will happen regardless of what moves the operator makes (or doesn't make).

So the way to determine the answer to this question is simple: find out whether or not the operator is consciously or subconsciously directing the planchette.

Set up an experiment where you take an operator and use him/her in conjunction with the Ouija board to answer various questions. Write down, say, ten questions, and record the Ouija board's "answers".

Then without any forewarning, tell the operator that you are going to ask ten more questions of the Ouija Board, then blindfold the operator. As the blindfolded operator moves the planchette, do not provide him/her any feedback whatsoever; merely write down the letters pointed to. Ask ten similar (but different, of course) questions, record the answers, and compare the results.

My belief is that there are several possible outcomes to this experiment. These outcomes, and their respective preliminary interpretations, include:

(1) The operator refuses to take part in the test.
Interpretation: The operator knows he or she is hoaxing you.

(2) The operator takes part in the test; the answers to the first ten test questions make sense, but the second test questions are answered with gibberish.
Interpretation: The operator was consciously or subconsciously guiding the planchette, which means the Ouija Board is bogus.

(3) The operator takes part in the test; the first ten test questions and the second ten test questions are answered with gibberish.
Interpretation: The Ouija Board is not responding, possibly because it is bogus.

(4) The operator takes part in the test; the first ten test questions and the second ten test questions are answered coherently.
Interpretation: The operator is not subconsciously or consciously guiding the planchette, which is a strong piece of evidence as to the hypothesis that the Ouija Board is somehow tied to paranormal phenomena.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Then without any forewarning, tell the operator that you are going to ask ten more questions of the Ouija Board, then blindfold the operator. As the blindfolded operator moves the planchette, do not provide him/her any feedback whatsoever; merely write down the letters pointed to. Ask ten similar (but different, of course) questions, record the answers, and compare the results.

i like this idea alot,
i feel that its an interesting way to see if the board is controlled via the mind or something paranormal. i like the idea of ask similar questions to the board and the operator as well.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join