It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Terror Solutions and guidlines.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ok again,

treating people like cattle, tagged, branded, with plenty of ex-judicial latitude, will undermine the American spirit. One of the reasons animal cruelty is illegal in our country is that people could extend their cruel behavior onto humans. I totally believe that. Same with Iraq. You have troops accustomed to treating civs like inmates, than you bring them home. Next thing you know you can't leave Manhattan without RealID. I don't want this kind of existance. I'll die preventing this from happening. I hate what Stalin did but he had nothing as evil as this.

And... If you try to effectively incarcerate the Iraqi population, you'll surely have a popular uprising on your hands. Not clear if it can be contained.

And... Your proposal has been tried by israel in the occupied territories... We all know how well this worked.

In short, Mr. C0le, it's a really bad proposal. I give you an F.

Dismissed.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Aelita]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Its been established already that not all agree with my idea's on this, Even people who are on my side of the fence dont agree fully, but they have atleast given some insight into what they would do,

So please from your side tell us what you would do to take charge and get things under controll in iraq, and your ideas for the other things in my original post, also add some stuff of your own if you wish.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Originally posted by C0le
You dont like my ideas thats fine, Think of something better, if you want to turn this into a liberal vs conservative fight, stay out of this thread.

That is RICH! Coming from you.

Sounds to me like you and arnold_vosloo just want to sabatoge another thread. If someone thinks differently and speaks out, just go ahead and insult em and shout em down until it gets shut down....these are tactics radical leftest's use on the streets.

Anyhow, the only thing missing in your good idea's Cole... is that Iraq needs to be broken up into (3) states....Kurd's, Sunni's and Shiittes and also give small peices to Iran, Syria, Kuwait, Jordan and Turkey to make them happy.

Maximu§

[edit on 103131p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Anyhow, the only thing missing in your good idea's Cole... is that Iraq needs to be broken up into (3) states....Kurd's, Sunni's and Shiittes and also give small peices to Iran, Syria, Kuwait, Jordan and Turkey to make them happy.

I could see the Kurd state working, but what could be effectively done to keep the Sunni's and the Shiites from going after each other.

Are you talking about three independant states as in different countries, or seperate parts of a larger Iraq? Which state would get the oil revenue?

I am not sure how the people living in Iraq would view be being annexed by their neighbours. A certain amount of mixing takes place at border towns and surrounding areas. Surely this would lead to the border becoming more porous.

As for the point being made that an ID system is somehow akin to incarcerating the whole population. I live in a country where an effective ID and citzen registration exists. While the thought of being asked to show my ID (while not actually bound legally to carry it, except when driving) is a little unsettling, I have only ever been asked to show it in official settings, i.e. getting licences, visas, opening bank accounts. So nothing wrong with an effective registration system. It would also work quite well in a humanitarian capacity, having a database to aid the distribution of food, etc.

Please keep up the sensible postings and keep the insults for other forums! If you are incapable of making a good point without backing it up with a disparging remark, don't bother posting.....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

At some point our elected officials told us that we are not there to engage in nation building. Now, it seems, you propose that we build not one but three!

Once you start giving away the Iraqi land, just wait what happens. Shiites and Sunni will get a common rally point.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Cole,

Originally posted by C0le
[How about instead of spewing this crap, Do what this thread was intended for SOLUTIONS
[edit on 27-5-2005 by C0le]

Would you consider these solutions final?

Cheers

BHR

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join