It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Terror Solutions and guidlines.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is a bunch of stuff i put together.

War ON TERROR:

IRAQ:

REALID-

If theres a place that needs REALID its iraq, atleast until our occupation is complete,

Cities should be fenced off, save for checkpoints, everyone who goes through a checkpoint

must have an ID, those who donot are detained and investigated, to find out who they

are.

TERRORIST TIES-

Those that have ties to terrorists, but have not commited any crimes will be placed in

a temporary city, all things inside will be ran just like any other city accept the people

inside CANNOT leave, until its determined they are no longer a possible threat.

These ties include
1.Harboring.
2.Hiding weapons.
3.Withholding information.

TERRORISTS-

Those who are terrorists, Those who target civilians, Shall be detained and sentenced

for there crimes, no jury only a judge, the judge would be bound by a set of standards

pertaining the the type of attack, of which he could sentance the terrorist.

INSURGENTS-

Those who are insurgents, Those who only target Military and government targets, shall

be detained under the GC rules, and treated as POW's given a fair trial.

Terrorists and insurgents would not be held in the same prisons.

MIDDLE EAST:

Oil-

Find something better, Oil is all the mid east has if they cant sell it they are SOL.

SAUDI ARABIA-

Stop taking sht from these ***holes, 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 came from that

shthole, Hate is taught all over that country yet, it seems to be ok with Bush and the

rest of washington.

IRAN- No invasion, But destory nuclear facilities via airstrikes.

WORLD:
Coalition, of all willing countries to rid the world of dicatarships.

This isnt realy a debate, more of a way to put together thoughts and solutions to problems and ways to deal with them, So feel free to improve, and or add your own stuff. the stuff i listed is more of an outline.

And please dont turn this into some anti american crap or a bush bash, outlining problems with bush is ok, but resorting to the common insults and such which solve nothing isnt needed.

Also dont turn this into a "Pull out of iraq now" thread either, lets be realistic it isnt going to happen, we have to work with what we have got.

Basicaly Post your solutions to this stuff, BE REALISTIC.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
sounds somewhat reasonable, although you tulipwalkers will still have problems with it.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
hmm taken straight out of the natzi operational handbook. see sectoin on containining those filth jews. next will you move on to the extermination camps?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
hmm taken straight out of the natzi operational handbook. see sectoin on containining those filth jews. next will you move on to the extermination camps?

Please explain, How is anything remotely nazi? , Nazis targeted ALL jews, Nothing in my post says anything close to targeting all Arabs or Muslims, It all pertains to the enemy, being those who fight against us or the iraqi government.

If theres something you dissagree with do as what the thread was intended for

Improve it, make it better, or think of something different.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The fundamental problem was that the "war on terror", is, fundamentally, not a political agenda. It is a purely financial agenda. Therfore it wasnt "planned" in the usual sense of the term. It was just mindlessly engaged. There is or was no steering board or central intelligence behind US policy. Political decisions in the USA are taken by financial conglomerates, and on a very different level than the one presented in the op. And the USA always obeys, fearing bankrupcy. Good Dog. The only function of political parties and mass media is to manufacture the propaganda that leads to the "democratic" decision that best fits the econometric goals outlined by the financial sector. Therefore, there is no face-saving solution to the mess for the usa. There was never meant to be one. The question to be asked is who will pay the bills ? According to the us presidency, the iraqis will cheerfully do so, alongside with the nations who opposed the war. Now if they don't, who should pay for GW's little adventures ?

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I will give my opinion on your points. You have raised some interesting guidelines and I hope they can be discussed without it disolving into a mud-slinging contest!!

REALID-
Cities should be fenced off, save for checkpoints, must have an ID, those who donot are detained and investigated, to find out who they are.

It might work, but think of the logistical nightmare involved. Are you talking RFID or ID cards? The practical side of hermitically sealing off a country like that is going to take a lot more troops on the ground than the US currently have. What would stop the insurgents from getting their own IDs in the first place?

TERRORIST TIES-
Those that have ties to terrorists, but have not commited any crimes will be placed in a temporary city

Like internment camps? Tent cities? Another logistic nightmare. Probably more so then sealing off the cities. Besides, gathering that many like minded people together in the same place and cementing their already rebellious mind-set could be construed as counter-productive.

TERRORISTS-
INSURGENTS-
Terrorists and insurgents would not be held in the same prisons.

Could you please explain what you consider the difference between Terrorists and Insurgents. Also, how you would define a Freedom Fighter or Rebel.

MIDDLE EAST:
Oil-
Find something better

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. I remember the comment made on a different forum that the money spent so far on the wars against terrorism and against Iraq could have made a big dent into the research money required to fund alternative energy projects. How cool that would be not to have to be so dependant on oil.

However, it is often overlooked that oil is used in lots of other applications. Name any plastic material and oil is probably required to manufacture it. So we need to be researching bioplastics and other renewable materials.

SAUDI ARABIA-
Stop taking sht from these ***holes, 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 came from that shthole, Hate is taught all over that country yet, it seems to be ok with Bush and the rest of washington.

Unfortunately as the US has already taken their money they are destined to take their crap for some time. Maybe a stronger economy due to renewable energy will lead to not needing their money anymore? Any economists want to contribute better ideas?

IRAN- No invasion, But destory nuclear facilities via airstrikes.

I would disagree. Why not let them have their nuclear powerplants? If you don't trust them maybe they would agree to international monitors? One other way of eliminating the threat of nuclear proliferation would be to just engage in disarming worldwide. If no other country has nukes, then theoretically no other country would want them. If any country did want to use a nuke then the rest of the world would be granted the right to bomb them back to the stone age with conventional weapons?

WORLD:
Coalition, of all willing countries to rid the world of dicatarships.

Eek! Reeks of NWO and world armies. If the people under that dictatorship requested help then maybe the rest of the world united could pressure the country into change by various means bar military action. ANyone have any more thoughts on this?

Interesting post. I have 5 bucks says it will degenerate and polarise by page 2. Any takers?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

What would stop the insurgents from getting their own IDs in the first place?

Each card could have a unique random number on it, assigned to each peron, all cards would also have some ort of chip in i/barcode which cant be duplicated, [SIZE=1](Well it can but once its scanned it will be discovered its a fake)[/SIZE] at each checkpoint these cards would be scanned,

gathering that many like minded people together in the same place and cementing their already rebellious mind-set could be construed as counter-productive.

Wel maybe, but id rather know theres 1000 like minded people in 1 area, and know they are there, then those 1000 like minded people spread and me not knowing where they are.

Could you please explain what you consider the difference between Terrorists and Insurgents. Also, how you would define a Freedom Fighter or Rebel.

My def is basicaly, Any group who attacks ONLY Military or governent targets, There only purpose is to get rid of the occupation,

They may have hated saddam, or they may have liked him, all they know is that somone who doesnt belong in there country is there and they want them out.

However, it is often overlooked that oil is used in lots of other applications. Name any plastic material and oil is probably required to manufacture it. So we need to be researching bioplastics and other renewable materials.

Until something could be done about things such as plastics and lubricants, Those oil reserves we got throughout the states could be used for this stuff.

If you don't trust them maybe they would agree to international monitors?

Thats an option, that could work IF they allowed free and open acces to ALL facilities at ANYTIME.

I doubt they will do this though.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
C0le, you friggen motivate the hell out of me!

I think your plan is awesome, however there is a few areas that need some fine tuning and/or these areas are just all jacked up and I will provide my input as to how to fix these jacked up areas.

If theres a place that needs REALID its iraq

I agree, but maybe a bracelot will do better.....read the next thing and you will understand why.

those without ID's-
those who donot are detained and investigated

Bad idea, most of these people may not be used to carrying ID's and will forget to do so. We that are priviledged to have passports and other forms of ID are used to this and for the most do not leave home without it..force of habit I guess. The detaining rooms will be flooded.

ties to terrorism-
These ties include
1.Harboring.
2.Hiding weapons.
3.Withholding information

Agreed, but if and after they are convicted of the above they should be moved to the status of "terrorist" and also be held along with them

insurgents-
be detained under the GC rules, and treated as POW's given a fair trial

I disagree....they are not a recognized military by any nation not even Iraq. As far as what rules and how they should be dealt with....ill get back you on that one

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I disagree....they are not a recognized military by any nation not even Iraq. As far as what rules and how they should be dealt with....ill get back you on that one

Heh, The idea isnt exactly what i would personaly do, was more along the lines of what would be accepted for both sides, a middle ground i guess.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If theres a place that needs REALID its iraq

Just some notes on ID systems.

news.bbc.co.uk...

With a population of just over 26 million and a cost of around 150 to 200 dollars a head to implement, it would be quite an undertaking.

As SportyMB suggested, a bracelet, such as those used in hospitals with an RFID may be a cheaper option. If they can't take it off they can't lose it.

On rounding up people who have the slightest thing to do with Terrorists and classing them as such, it could lead to crowds in detention areas!! Anyone have any other suggestions on how you would discourage helping the Terrorists?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
why stop in iraq and the middle east?

why not just create one huge camp in alska and send all the terrorists there.

Why not send anyone who remotely resembles a terrorist there.

Anyone who has ever spoken to someone with brown skin

Anyone reading the wrong books.

Anyone who has the wrong religion

basically anyone who doesn't have the same racist view as you

Now you've got 99.999% of the world population there send a couple of nukes over and eliminate the problem.

then you've just got C0le, XphilesPhan & SportyMB left

great what a fantastic idea

dumbest idea ever from one of dumbest fascist neo nazi christian fundamentalist conservatives i have ever had the misfortune to come across here.

You do realise you are in the minority even amongst your neo-con friends? The majority of the US are sane, sensible people who do not agree with the torture etc of alleged terrorists. Get used to it no one apart from those mentioned above care less what rubbish comes out of your mouth and do us all a favour and stop these stupid posts which are clearly just trolling for points.

COME ON EVERYONE DONT PLAY HIS GAME, JUST IGNORE HIM AND HE'LL GET BORED EVENTUALLY AND WHEN HE GROWS UP A BIT MAY BE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO THE DISCUSSIONS HERE.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

This is what happens when someone comes along trying to find solutions from ALL SIDES? you throw out insults, and start name calling?

How about instead of spewing this crap, Do what this thread was intended for SOLUTIONS

You dont like my ideas thats fine, Think of something better, if you want to turn this into a liberal vs conservative fight, stay out of this thread.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
as i said I'm not playing your stupid little games.

MODS please if it is possible subtract any point gained from this post from me and COle?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Edit: sorry COle...I got off topic

[edit on 27/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
How about instead of spewing this crap, Do what this thread was intended for SOLUTIONS

As i said before, the "face-saving" solution you are looking for does not exist. It wasnt planned for. Goodbye usa, goodbye bush.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo

Yes, the proposed IDs are like yellow stars of David, and the special areas are like the Warsaw ghettos.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

dumbest idea ever from one of dumbest fascist neo nazi christian fundamentalist conservatives i have ever had the misfortune to come across here.

Somebody owes me 5 dollars

I had hoped it would actually MAKE a 2nd page of reasoned debate before someone swung in and started flinging mud. What a pity.

Doesn't mean we can't just ignore the die-hards and move on with some constructive posting? Right?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti
As i said before, the "face-saving" solution you are looking for does not exist. It wasnt planned for. Goodbye usa, goodbye bush.

We arent running this war, this isnt about what will happen this is about OUR sollutions, So all that is null,\

Now to the rest of you, Can we all grow up, and contribute, and stop stiring things up, thats done enough on these forums, Post your ideas for these things post your plans, STOP FIGHTING FFS, This ISNT LIBERAL VS CONSERVATIVE, this is about comming together putting out ideas.

If you dont have the brain capacity to do this, then you can show yourself out of this thread.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
You dont like my ideas thats fine, Think of something better, if you want to turn this into a liberal vs conservative fight, stay out of this thread.

That is RICH! Coming from you.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Everyones always *****ing about being Open-Minded and hear out the other side, yet when the time comes the ones who always preach it dont practice it.

Mods can remove my points from this thread, Points arent what its about

top topics

<<   2 >>

join