It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has ATS accepted something we have been trying to deny: politricks???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
On The Reservation

Originally posted by minority2000uk
Where is the campaign forum so that we can all see what you have to say. As at the moment you could just post in well used topics to get the votes should be an area devoted to your campaign so that everyone gets an understanding for each individual candidate and see you campaign against each other..

SO mentioned dedicated campaign threads (I think).

I'm not sure who should start them, and since I imagine SO will want to lay down some ground rules, I am contenting myself to jabber incessantly about the process on other threads.

And yeah, I really do sound like a politician, don't I?

Oh well, hopefully I can be forgiven for that egregious shortcoming.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There will be a temporary forum available on all boards for all campaign threads. It should go live tonight, and be available until the elections are over.

We're still working out the actual timing. It may make most sense for the elections to last 72 hours, including a weekend day or two.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Keeping ATS Safe For Non-Politicians

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There will be a temporary forum available on all boards for all campaign threads. It should go live tonight, and be available until the elections are over.

Woot! That should help spare the rest of the board from my relentless and loquacious politicking.

Open Windows

We're still working out the actual timing. It may make most sense for the elections to last 72 hours, including a weekend day or two.

There has been at least one member who was upset about missing the primaries, and I suspect several others may have felt left out.

Where we can, I think we should leave elections open as long as we can.

At the same time, I am hot to trot and get this decided so the councilors can start working their mojo.

If we can have any election occur at least partially over a weekend, I think that would be a majorly cool thing. So, um, no pressure to get started soon.

Of course, I say this knowing that it's not necessarily just a “simple matter of adding a feature”.

Edit: 72 hours starting tonight seems reasonable to me. That takes us through the end of the month, roughly, and I think most members know the elections are coming now.

Knock 'em dead, chief.

[edit on 5/28/2005 by Majic]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

w0w SO...

this is getting interesting now...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
For BTS is dgtempe going to be in the running? Isn't she liek gone for a month or something?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Absentee Ballot

Originally posted by cpr12r
For BTS is dgtempe going to be in the running? Isn't she liek gone for a month or something?

According to this thread, she'll be gone until around the end of June or so.

However, I would not be surprised to see her find her way on to ATS sooner than that.

The question is a valid one, however, especially in light of what the first few weeks will probably be like for the councilors.

Edit: Adding an actual link seemed thoughtful of me.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I think that would be a majorly cool thing.

As would your ascension to the DISC Throne. Democratically elected leadership is a natural progression for ATS, and it will emphasize certain overlooked aspects of the Several Forums. All of this still falling under the watchful gaze of a benevolent dictatorship; because after all, things still need to get done, and the trains must run on time. The insignificance of my support is yours , if you ever need a snap inspection or some KP duty assigned just give me a shout.

Forward, march!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
has ATS accepted something we have been trying to deny:

politricks???

are these "elections" really vital to ATS???

do we really need the candidates to say: "vote for me" all day???

i wonder what politricks they will use...

let me guess...

they will use their popularity to win...

hmmm...

this sounds like america...

and we know that no country likes us

NO NO NO don`t people get it it`s about getting more people on this site staying longer and keeping it`s popularity high.Just like the corrupt govts they need you and your support to further there own ends DUH !!!!!!!!!!
Do you really think Sceptic and Simon give a monkeys about anybody on here.Why do you think they post records of how well the site is doin if there only interested in the subjects on here it would`nt make any differance how many hits they get unless that info was for a reason.Now that the adverts are on here anybody notice much difference to this site than last year before they were on.OK servers cost but as much as the revenue being generated.Hey even people against corruption will look after themselves and wouldn`t do something for nothing.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Absentee Ballot

Originally posted by cpr12r

According to this thread, she'll be gone until around the end of June or so.

However, I would not be surprised to see her find her way on to ATS sooner than that.

The question is a valid one, however, especially in light of what the first few weeks will probably be like for the councilors.

Edit: Adding an actual link seemed thoughtful of me.

Hey Majic if they ever need a God on here l bet you`ll be sucking up even more than you are at the moment.Gesh l can smell brown stuff from here

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Nose Tan

Originally posted by weirdo
Hey Majic if they ever need a God on here l bet you`ll be sucking up even more than you are at the moment.Gesh l can smell brown stuff from here

I find myself constantly anguishing over this.

Am I brown-nosing, or just being honest?

Is it wrong that I really do respect the ATS staff? Because I really do --a lot -- and I think those who don't respect them are grossly ignorant of what the staff actually do for us around here.

Is it wrong to advocate that ATS be what we as members want it to be? Am I just some cynical demagogue?

Well, I don't feel like one.

Bizarre as it may seem, I really do believe what I'm posting about this.

I know it may seem weird, that it may seem like I'm brown-nosing the staff and members alike in some sort of shallow bid for power.

I worry about that myself.

But unless you really think I'm a bald-faced liar, I'm telling you straight up: I'm posting from the heart.

Take that for what it's worth, if it is worth anything at all.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
w0w...

Majic is a g00d poster...

plus he likes anime (by the looks of his avatar)

this is a plus...

calm down...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Majic
No worries. I wrestle with the same thing, always getting called names by people who sit safely behind their monitors. Getting called names for showing due respect..smells like bad children...

Weirdo
Blah, blah, blah..indeed. I guess this never occured to you, but the more people who come to ATS, the more people who gain access to the information here. The owners and operators of ATS are doing that service for the community (motives are irrelevant), what the hell are you doing besides..blah, blah, blah?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Majic
No worries. I wrestle with the same thing, always getting called names by people who sit safely behind their monitors. Getting called names for showing due respect..smells like bad children...

Weirdo
Blah, blah, blah..indeed. I guess this never occured to you, but the more people who come to ATS, the more people who gain access to the information here. The owners and operators of ATS are doing that service for the community (motives are irrelevant), what the hell are you doing besides..blah, blah, blah?

i think we had enough of this...

besides...

if there is ANY rage making, it will be done by me

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Majic.

Respect.For once you haven`t insulted me.This leads me to the conclusion you are bitting your tongue trying to control the rage within whilst having your nose firmly inserted in fantasy land until they stop the voting at least.

People are misunderstanding me here.I`m into psycology and some of the subject matter here full stop if l get band/warned doesn`t bother me.Having said that l do respect others and do not insult you will no it if l did and l would be history here maybe but l have access to 15 or so different IP address and system so returning wouldn`t be a problem.Certain responses recieve humour for me and l`m just reacting to the change in peoples posting.People have accuses Majic of brown nosing and trying to act as a Moderator before.You can post properly but trying to be something your not thats just sad.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Monsters Of The Id

You can post properly but trying to be something your not thats just sad.

As someone who's into psychology, perhaps you can explain why you seem to be so compelled to criticize me as a person, though we have never met.

On second thought, don't answer that, because it's not important. Let's not go down that road.

After all, is ATS a place to talk about each other, or our opinions?

Speaking as someone who has more than a passing interest in psychology myself, I think you would find it profitable to worry less about me and turn more of your analytical attention inward.

Within you lies knowledge far more valuable than anything you will ever read here, whether from me or anyone else.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

As someone who's into psychology, perhaps you can explain why you seem to be so compelled to criticize me as a person, though we have never met.

On second thought, don't answer that, because it's not important. Let's not go down that road.

After all, is ATS a place to talk about each other, or our opinions?

Speaking as someone who has more than a passing interest in psychology myself, I think you would find it profitable to worry less about me and turn more of your analytical attention inward.

Within you lies knowledge far more valuable than anything you will ever read here, whether from me or anyone else.

Cool.

Don`t fret l`m not worried about you.I critize you from your writing as that is all l have to go on maybe if we met we`d get on but l doubt it.Don`t take that the wrong way l`m not insulting you.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Does politics have a place on ATS ?

ATS has always been innovative and thank God for that.

As new technology becomes available and new trends within the medium of discussion boards evolve and make themselves apparent we are blessed with leadership who are not simply content to rest on their laurels but are always looking at ways of pushing the boundaries.

The election of councilors may or may not work, I think it will work, but regardless to not try is to not know, to not try and know is to remain ignorant of potential.

And not just the potential of the board but the potential of it's members too. It's only right that that huge potential be explored.

If Admin didn't take the time to explore new ideas then I think that would be a failure of leadership.

ATS is a very big discussion board. The position it has on Bigboards disguises it's true position. There are very few boards with comparable traffic to ATS and none with such a general topic mix and such a polite membership.

Faced with this phenomena Admin are trying something new which only a board in ATS's position could hope to try. Instead of building further on the current management structure they have paved the way for regularly elected councilors to bridge any membership/staff gap.

Now, I ask you. Shouldn't Admin be applauded for their innovation and wisdom instead of lambasted ?

Regardless of the result knowledge is our reward.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Now, I ask you. Shouldn't Admin be applauded for their innovation and wisdom instead of lambasted ?

they should...

just, not here

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Regardless of the result knowledge is our reward.

Depends on there motivation and reason for doing it.If Admin decide to change/ improve that is up to them and not a reason to applaud.We the people bring knowledge to this site.Frankly running a council is just a gimick a way of increase popularity and hits.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Why Unpopularity Is Unpopular

Frankly running a council is just a gimick a way of increase popularity and hits.

Is popularity a bad thing?

Should the staff work to make ATS less popular?

I don't see your point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join