It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 way mirrors, cellulite and saddlebags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I went into a changing room today to try on some jeans and unlucky for me i saw the true horror of my ever expanding saddlebags and cellulite.
Please can someone offer me advice as to how go get rid of this (the gym is not an option, no money).

Thanks in advance 'cause i am crying here and considering getting a loan to have liposuction, not that i would be approved.

SarahC
:shk:

BTW...I am 29, 5'2 around 110lb.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
lol My big sis always feels like that!

i would say make sure you eat as much fruit and vegs as you can, do sit ups and skip at home and massage legs to reduce cellulite

drink lots of water!

remember you are not alone we all feel like this the stupid lighting in the changing rooms make all us girls look bad

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh i know that feeling for sure! my bet would be to get out and do some fast pace walking, also try and feel good about yourself, what you have is what every women on earth has and how you feel is no different lol.

Water is a good idea as this flushes out and bad toxins in the body, i tend to have a warm water with dash of lemon in it in the morning,

massage is also a good idea, there are plenty of bath ones about and exfoliate this will better the appearance of your skin,

Also make up a few home made beauty products

For legs,

coat in mayonase! then wrap cling film around them for about 20 mins,

you can do this to arms also this will help the skin look great!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Liposuction would not take away cellulite and often would make the problem worst liposuction only removed the top fat. Gaining and losing weight also makes it worst, Miracle creams make the skin smoother but doesn't take the cellulite away what it does is to encourage massage.

Cellulite affect mostly women but men tend to have it too, massage, diet and exercise works wonders, specially squats or squat machine.

That seems to work for me, as long as I keep my legs firm, and tone cellulite doesn't look that bad, but once you have it is there to stay.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
*runs to buy the mayonaise*

I walk 3 miles a day and that keeps me toned. Cellulite? Well, i'd be lying if i said i didnt have any
But then, i dont go around in a micro-bikini all the time either..LOL

I keep trying to look like the Hollywood chicks- its not working.

I got the big purses and the super large sun glasses though, not to mention the cellular phone encrusted in rhinestones like Paris

I still look like DGTEMPE with the 10 lbs overweight which i thought i lost but found it on my back LOL....So what, i can dream, cant i?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Erf. I think that nothing short of surgery gets rid of it.

(sigh) And I can't afford the surgery. Marg is right; liposuction doesn't help. Hmm.... (looking up clinical studies...)

I see something on an European treatment called "Endermologie"
scholar.google.com...:8ut6gQZBTbkJ:www.iso-beauty.com/LPG%2520Studies/Publications%2520USA/Aesthetic%2520Surgery%2520Jou rnal%2520-%2520December%25201999.pdf+cellulite+reduction

It apparently accomplishes the same thing without surgery (yay) but the age of the women is under 30 and they seem fairly slender (130 lbs)

Apparently some creams really DO work -- and Compression garments seem to work even better (this is a decent little study and matches some of my personal observations):
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

About 70% of the cases can be addressed with this.

Did some looking up of things and I *think* you can buy these garments at sports stores:
bracesupport.com...

...or medical stores:
www.contourmd.com...

So, ladies, the treatment period for SOME improvement is one month. And, y'know, I think I've seen some similar compression type garments (though not as extreme) in the undies department of Target. Problem might be finding them in a size that I can wear AND breathe in.

I think I'm going to try this for my tummy and thighs. Anyone else want to join me? I have some firming cream lotion and will work out some sort of treatment regemin... cream at night, perhaps, and the garments during the day.

top topics

join