It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From someone who works for NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I can't say his name or what he does but this is his email response to me. He works for NASA on technologies. Interesting, and I can't help but share it...

My own personal, non-government/honest, gut feelings:

I do believe that intelligent non-human ETs exist. I do not base this belief on any specific knowledge/proof/information, but rather on existing
scientific understanding and probability. (i.e. several billion galaxies, with a hundred billions stars in each, etc.) I do believe that starflight
is possible, but I have no idea how it would be done in engineering terms.
Again, I also have no specific knowledge/proof/information that
starflight is possible, or that aliens have reached Earth, now or in the distant past.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yes, he bases his ideas on the same concepts that I base my own.

Think of the chances that we are the only life forms in our universe...Like he said BILLIONS of galaxies with BILLIONS of stars in each of them, and that's is only within our known galaxy.

Surely this is a sign that there are other intelligent life forms besides ourselves?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This was all he said ?

This sounds like Nasa 101 ! Typical scientific reply. I am not disputing it but if he works for NASA I would have expected a little more out of his reply.

This is always a good topic to revisit time and time again. I was just hoping to hear more. I too have a close friend that retired from a long career with NASA and he has told me things that totally blew me away. Not so much on the alien / ufo phenomonen but things that NASA supposedly accomplished at certain time periods where the technology had not even been created yet at that point. Such as the arms race between Russia and the US.

There is so much propaganda that comes out of NASA I cannot even keep up. We do know for sure that NASA does not kiss and tell, so it makes me wonder what we really have available at our disposal ?

Scary !!

See if you can get more info out of your friend that works for NASA !
I would be intersted to know how long he has worked for NASA and what
divison ?

Might be fun to question him on other topics related to NASA !

Keep up the good work !

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, meshugg, I can tell you a similar story. There is this engineer who has worked in aerospace for most of his career. He's sixty and ready for retirement next year, and here is what he says:

I am almost sure to the point of inevitability that there exist intelligent extraterrestrial life forms. I have no specific knowledge/proof/information, bnut on my existing scientific understanding and probability (sound familiar?).

Given the number of stars in a galaxy and the number of galaxies in the Universe, plus recent discoveries which drastically increase the number of stars with discernable planets, we see a modification the results of Drake's Equation, pushing the chances of intelligent life up by a large factor.

I also have no specific knowledge/proof/information that starflight is possible, or that aliens have reached Earth, now or in the distant past.

This is almost word for word what your respondent says, and it's also what I say (because I'm the engineer I spoke of above), and it's also what just about every scientist and engineer you speak to will say.

You see, meshuggah, common sense and basic math tells us that much.

But what your correspondent (and I, and probably 99 percent of the scientists and engineers alive) doesn't say is just as important as what he does say.

Because he doesn't say he believes in visitors to the Earth, now, or in the past. And my guess as to why he doesn't say he buys into visitors to the Earth from outer space is the same reason that I have:

There is simply no evidence which points to recent (within the past 100,000 years) of any such visitors to the Earth.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would say there is plenty of evidence. Read Steven Greer's Disclosure book. Look at the video evidence. It's not concrete evidence but it leads me to believe that I would bet good money that ETs have visited earth.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What a coincidence! Thats how I think also!
Except I know they have visited Earth since I had one approach to within 50 yards of my car one night on the family farm.
No need to believe anything, they're just simply here!

Edit: Not only are they here , but the type that approached us looked just like a security light you see around peoples houses, the white/blue tinged lights ussually on Telephone poles! It stayed close to the ground, and moved slowly. We watched the one that eventually scared the hell out of us, for about 7 minutes ,before it became clear that it wasn't just someone carrying a conventional bulb around! It was only obvious that something was amiss to me , becuase we were on private property and I know there are no security lights on my families land!
But you could easily pass one of these things and never know from 250 yards or so!

[edit on 26-5-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
An alien came up to you, or a UFO? Interesting.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Some form of Probe, or ETV. I can't call it a UFO, becuase it wasn't flying, no visable suface I could see. It manuvered just the way you would imagine Gravitic control would work! When it appoached us, after having watched it move slowly in our direction for about an 1/8th of a mile, it moved right in our direction stopping about 50 yards or less and hung perfectly still in the air 20ft off the ground for about 4 or 5 minutes, before taking off back to the North the way it had come from.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ahh, Meshuggah, my man you nailed it on the head. The evidence is there;
It is not empirical evidence but it is evidence none the less. Consider this:
There have been people convicted and sent to prison on the basis of circumstantial evidence much less compelling than the evidence for the existance of UFOs and ETs. The problem is that the cause for making this evidence available and believable has been so badly compromized by crackpots and charlatans, like Bob Lazar and Billy Meier. Until a spaceship
from Beta Reticuli or some other exotic locale decides to land on the south lawn of the White House(after arranging a photo op in advance, of course),
those who would normally accept the reality of the phenomena will continue to stay on the fence.

Of course, even if a whole convoy of space craft landed and every cable and network news orginization filmed it live, there would still be those who refuse to believe. I mean look at the number of boneheads there are out there who still maintain that our trips to the moon were all staged on Hollywood sound stages.

Whoo!, I feel better now; think I'll have a beer and watch Star Trek reruns.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Evidence-n.1.anything that shows or makes clear what is true or what is not.-v.t. 1. to make easy to see or understand;show clearly;prove: 2. to support by one's testimony.-Syn. n. 1,2a Evidence,testimony,proof mean that witch tend to demonstrate the truth or falsity of something: Evidence applies to any facts that point toward, but do not fully prove, the truth or falsehood of something: Tesimony means something said or done to show or prove something true or false: Proof means evidence so full and convincing as to leave no doubt.

So by definition , to say there is no evidence that E.T.'s have ever visited Earth, is just not a true statement.
You have to say there is no known proof that E.T. has visited Earth, but there is alot of evidence in support of E.T. visitation.

Speaking for myself, my experiance meets the difinition of Proof, as it left me with no doubt as to the ethereal nature of the object I witnessed.
I can ,however, only offer my testimony of the experiance to others as Evidence, as it supports a "Visitation" theory , but does not leave the listener convinced beyond reasonable doubt.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by lost_shaman]

top topics

join