It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Record Heat Wave 110 degrees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

North Texas' unbearable heat is going to be around until at least next week, forecasters say.

"We're going to be near that triple digit mark basically for much of the week. We'll have some upper 90s for a couple of days and go back above 100 for the weekend," said Jeffe Moore, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Fort Worth.

High temperatures in North Texas were expected top out around 103 or 105 on Wednesday, Moore said.

Although residents may think the string of days with triple digit heat must be setting some sort of record, temperatures have actually been shy of record highs.

This summer, North Texas has had 12 days of temperatures over 100 degrees, but the normal for the entire summer is 15, Moore said.

"We're not quite at the records territory. We made it to 104 today, which is the hottest it's been since Sept. 4, 2000," Moore said. "Over the next few days the record highs are anywhere from 106 to 110 degrees."

MySA

Somebody help me! I cannot take it anymore!
I can't bear this freakin heat anymore it killing me!
Its hotter than the backside of Satan's balls!
Anyone know how to do a rain dance or something???
aaaaaahhhhhh Damn it is HOTTT!

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wait, so 110 is a record? I'd have thought Texas would get hotter than that...

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Record 120 shared by
Seymour (180 miles NW of Dallas) Aug. 12, 1936
Monahans (45 miles SW of Midland) Jun. 28, 1994
*Monhans has Sand Dunes. Looks like Saudi Desert.

Texas Weather Records

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Dude, that's wrong,
We've actually hit 160+ in this freak storm, I'll go find it and post it.

110 isn' that bad though,

Summer of 2001, we spent two weeks with temperatures ranging frmo 105 to 114 degres during the daytime.

That was hot,

I was at the beach

Tassadar

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I remember that now that you mentioned it.
Was that cause by lightning?

I know that it snowed on July 4th way back in the 40's in Breckenridge by Abilene.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
LOL, no, well sort of...

This is what I remember:

It happenend like in the 30's I think in some small crappy little town around Dallas and Ft. Worth.

A storm blew in and apparently, because the upper level winds were so high, they hit a high pressure system and the winds were forced down at 1000's of feet per second. This insane acceleration increased the temperature at 5 degrees every second raising it to 160+.

When the winds hit the little town, it was wiped out!!!
All of the crops were scorched at the time. The tin roof was blown off of the general store. Before the mercury thermomerter at the store broke, it read 160 degrees Farenheight. The story was investigated by a member of NOAA the nexy day, but recieved little attention.

That's all I remember, I'm sure I left out some important details somewhere.

If I find the story, I'll post it.
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
See 110 seemed low, because 112 is a good average for August here, but recently it's been in the 80s because that warm front moved east and we're getting good storms

More rain fell these last few weeks than in the previous decade
lol...

160 is too high, your brain boils at 120, you'd all be dead.

I think 140 is the record somewhere in the Sahara, for highest temperature on earth (not in a volcano or some crap lol)...

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Nah FM,

It's for real, It's of those once in a millenia things, like Perfect Storm.
Just because the air is at 160 degrees doesn't mean your brain is. Whenever you drop ice into water, it doesn't melt immediately, it slowly dissolves/liquidizes and becomes the same temperature as the water.
Now take that same principle and apply it to your head. When you open an oven to pull out a Double Pepperoni Dijorno pizza that's at 400 degrees, your head doesn't boil, you feel the effects of the heat slowly change your body. It's not instant.

I'll go find the book and scan it onto my comp next week. It's at my old school. They reopen next week.
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Since you mentioned freak storm and 160 degrees I remember not to long ago about a freak lightning storm that the tempature reached 160 degrees. Don't think it lasted long but I do remember the weather guy talking about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Bah. Every year they say we're having a record heat wave.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm from texas and I can tell you that, 115 or 97, no difference. Its still hotter than *%#(%

new topics

top topics

join