It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Message Board...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I was online last night after the American Idol winner was announced...and I have a thing for being on their message board as well..

Well a lot of people over there believe that there is a very large conspiracy related to this show.

However, when people try to post the word conspiracy, rigged, or scam...their post is flagged and the poster is required to rephrase or make it all not one word...(as if these words were foul language)

This is not the only thing...the board operators have been flagging and deleting any post or poster that has anything to do with the fact that this show has some dark shadows underneath.

No one seems to realize that this has nothing to do with the show as much as their freedom of speech is being revoked in more ways than one.

One woman was disturbed when the board operators deleted a post in which she wondered why they wouldn't post the vote tallies on the website.

This to me is just more evidential proof about the media trying to control what we think and what we see. Isn't their something "we the people" can do about it?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
hey, look, i'm sure this is something worthy of note to you, and that's fine. hell, i'll even side with you and say very possibly there is a conspiracy surrounding american idol and the winners. but, after all that, i must say who the f*%$ cares? really, i'm sorry, but i thought the show was lame from day one. and what possible outcomes could be derived from picking a winner rather then letting the votes do it?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How many people do you think would watch the show if they knew it was rigged? I guess it's kind of like scripted reality shows. As a news outlet, one would expect Faux....errr Fox....to be in support of truth. But on the other hand, they want to make money.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
hey, look, i'm sure this is something worthy of note to you, and that's fine. hell, i'll even side with you and say very possibly there is a conspiracy surrounding american idol and the winners. but, after all that, i must say who the f*%$ cares? really, i'm sorry, but i thought the show was lame from day one. and what possible outcomes could be derived from picking a winner rather then letting the votes do it?

Maybe you don't care but this is a conspiracy based forum.

People shouldn't be flamed for posting things like this.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by phixion]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
In spite of what you may have heard otherwise...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I just registered to post on the American Idol Message Board.........by the way....yech.

But I do want to know about their judicious censorship, so I'll get back to this thread and report what happens........I have to wait an hour before I can post. I think it might be to encourage further exploration of their site as well as to cut down on trolls......at any rate.....I'll post whatever I find, however relevant....

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Astroblade...

lust5652's point was "No one seems to realize that this has nothing to do with the show as much as their freedom of speech is being revoked in more ways than one. "

he wasnt talking about American Idol, more of the limiting of opinions of Fox forums.

just because you dont like American Idol you shouldnt turn a blind eye to the limiting of free speech.

---Pineapple

P.S. I know its a privately owned board, just like ATS, so your freedom of speech rules dont apply. But still, getting rid of all compliants or suspicious questions kills their validity.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Okay....here is the post I placed on the board.....

Original Post on the Fox American Idol Message Board
Okay......seeing as how this show is a national phenomenon and has attrated millions of veiwers as well as the advertising dollars to go with it(which quickly adds up to ALOT of money), I think that the possibility of the show being open to network and sponsor manipulation is a quite possible. Look at the 'Paula Abdul Scandal' of recent. As a judge for a nationally popular contest, wouldn't it be comon sense as well as an automatic entry into her, the judge's contract, that personal corraboration with any of the contestants is strictly a no-no? How many times has a contest been held on a national podium? And how paranoid are the big companies about potential lawsuits? Seems only natural that a provision would have been apart of the contract, as it is with any other rules......hell, an episode of "Joey" dealt with judge interaction with swimsuit contestants.....lol Bob Saget being the judge....needless to say, I don't watch "Joey" anymore....but my point is, It's A Given!!!!!!!!

My thought on the subject is that the event was an intentional ploy orchestrated as a media event for the sole purpose of retaining and encouraging ratings so that they can continue the American Idol franchise as far as they can go. About the time of the scandal, their was a concern with a slight dip in the ratings.....I'll see if I can find a graphing of this season's ratings and maybe a compare and contrast with previous season's to see what they look like.....I'm just saying.....it smells fishy, for good or for bad is irregardless, I just want to know.

Oh.....and Carrie will make an excellent honky-tonk superstar....cute blonds always get my attention!!!!! Though I do lament the leaving of a certain Las Vegas waitress.......However, I was rooting for Nadia......she had talent and lots of it.....

I had to stretch a couple of points to be taken serious....but I think my point is clear. One thing that did occur was that the title of my thread, originally, was "Conspiracy Possibility?"

I was a forwarded to a blue screen that said, "1. The following objectionable words were found in your message: Conspiracy."

They find the word,"Conspiracy," objectionable!! LOL I had to change the title of my thread to, "Media Ploy Possibility?"

I'll let you know of anything further, but my tentative conclusion is that there is indeed a kind of censorship going on with FOX(Surprised?
) and it extends into the suppression of ideas. Apparently, they would prefer subject matter to stay in the nice safe parameters that ultimately have no consequence.........This country makes me laugh....lol

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks guys by the way for supporting this particular thread...yeah it's gotten really bad now...so far as I can't even allude to anything remotely related to the show not having any validity, which yeah ultimately proves their guilt in a way...

I wrote several posts which i could see by their "conspiracy" ban objectionable, but I was more appalled that they flagged my post about our posts being increasingly flagged...they let them kinda go on for a while and let a few "conspiracy theory" threads go through the cracks, but they've deleted EVERY single one that even alludes to it...and half of my posts didn't discuss it...the last one I made had to do with our government now mainly and even THAT wasn't a demeaning post.

I'm thoroughly agitated...however not suprised..

but thanks for looking into it, and btw pineapple...i'm a girl

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I hope you do realize that when posting on an internet forum, not owned by you, that removing information, or blocking certain words and phrases is not "censorship" its "Editorial discretion".

You may stand on a street corner and pronounce "American Idolotry is a sham and a lie!", all well and good until the lawyers come with a defamation lawsuit and say "prove it in court"

You may gather at your local firepit and change "Fox bad fox bad America idol is sham shub niggurath strike them dead!", thats covered by freedom of speech and religion.

But you can not go onto someone elses property and do whatever you please, thats tresspassing.

You can start up your own website, newsletter, whatever, and say what you wish (within those magical limits of libel and defamation dangers), but when it comes to Fox's site, its their to run as they see fit.

You do realize that if they didn't "censor" their site it would be filled with "F'n you, you F'n F's Fox F'n Suxorz" and stuff like that right? You bet! it would be blasted by people who hate them, and spammers of course.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yes but we're not talking about F*** and S*** being censored, the word 'Conspiracy' has been censored.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Any contest, or game, with a large following will also have a "sour-grapes" crowd. Someone had to win, someone had to lose. I'm sure part of the reason for the action is to limit the sore losers rantings.

No free speech on a privately owned message board. Same as here.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

They find the word,"Conspiracy," objectionable!! LOL I had to change the title of my thread to, "Media Ploy Possibility?"

I replied to your message, even though I had to wait 1 hour before posting after my signup.

Anyways they also censored my word "fixed" so I replaced it with the word *censored*

You should check it out if you are able to read through 14 year olds babbling on how great american idol is.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
American Idol is fake, I believe that no voes matter and the Fox Network just keeps people on who will be drawing the more ratings. And also, none of those people have any talent...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Cool, CPYKOmega........they haven't deleted the thread yet.......maybe an experiment we can try would be to see what it would take to get the thread deleted without any violation of their TOC. I believe the censorings are computer based in that the program responds to red flag words..........at any rate, we can just steer clear of those particular words by using synonyms and overall considerate discussion on the possibility of conspiracy etc..........just a thought, I'm all about testing the limits, even on the *gag* American Idol message board........

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Cool, CPYKOmega........they haven't deleted the thread yet.......maybe an experiment we can try would be to see what it would take to get the thread deleted without any violation of their TOC. I believe the censorings are computer based in that the program responds to red flag words..........at any rate, we can just steer clear of those particular words by using synonyms and overall considerate discussion on the possibility of conspiracy etc..........just a thought, I'm all about testing the limits, even on the *gag* American Idol message board........

Sorry, but they have deleted the ENTIRE thread, as I checked it today. I wonder what would happen if we e-mailed them with the entire thread stating nothing was violated in their TOC. As it is a privately owned site they probably wouldn't have to do anything.

But the deletion of the thread without anyone violating the TOC just PROVES that they are hiding something and that the show itself was fixed. Something we can do though is find someone who payed money to vote for the show and they could take them to court. But there would have to be a class action suit as one person alone could not take on the media giant Fox.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock on the American Idol Message Board
I started a thread entitled......."Media Ploy Possibility"

It is no longer on the board.......I'm supposing it was deleted.

Any reason why?.......I don't believe any of the Terms and Conditions were broken in any way......

Wow........the media ploy thread lasted about 21 posts, the last three involved a chick named pita something or other....she posted that if I wanted to know the truth, that I should follow the link in her profile.......lol.......the next post was another invite to CPYKOmega.....lol......I believe the last post, the last one I know of, was me encouraging everyone to take a look at the link.......lol.......the link was to an American Idol site where about half the articles were conspiracy related.........drat.......I didn't save the link and I can't remember pita's full name to access the profile and get the link for posting here........I'll see what I can do........

The message Board is privately owned, but censorship of this type is blatant and unacceptable in my book. Not that I'm going to do anything about it, but it's good to know........

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Found her name.......pita7763 was one of the last posters and here is the link that I think instigated the closing and deleting of the thread.......

.......www.beaversonidol.com...

Great fun this is, I must say.....

Btw......hopefully we'll have a defector soon......

[edit on 10-6-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
edit:

deleted because what I said was really dumb..

[edit on 11-6-2005 by benign]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Sorry MemoryShock! I neglected to warn you in my posts on the AI message boards that any thread I post to always gets deleted over there. I keep (conveniently) forgetting that the "real" truth is not allowed over there on their site. The censor police/mods over there have too much to lose if the "real" truth ever gets out!

Sorry (not really)!

wysiwyg (a.k.a. pita7763)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join