It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mastor Of The Closet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've been continueing to do research on the topic of Freemasonary. The more interesting this topic becomes. I've read books on both sides of the table. I've come to this question.

If Freemasonary is such a wonderful thing. Why does it hide in the shadows. Behind closed doors? Anything good ins't worth hiding.

That alone causes me to believe that this is an organization bent on keeping the truth from the outside.

[Edited on 8-8-2003 by oconnection]

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Boy would Freemason love to jump on this one with his infinite knowledge...

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yeah I incourage him to bring his disinfo and slander. It's what he's here for. =/

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I sleep very well at night.

My dues and fundraising efforts help children of all ages....through various means.

The Shriner's hospitals in North America treat burns and orthopaedic problems of children, free of charge.

The Scottish Rite hospitals also treat children free of charge, for various serious ailments.

Royal Arch Masons, or the York Rite, provide funding and treatment for children with hearing disorders, especially CAPD, or Central Auditory Processing Disorder.

My Grand Lodge provides scholarships to graduating high school students, through various criteria. The scholarships are awarded at the recommendation of their teachers.

I am not alone in saying I am a proud Freemason. There is no hidden agenda...no secret plan to take over the world.

Goodnight....

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Your a part of an organization that out on the outside looks nice and fluffy. I don't doubt that there are good people with good intentions that belong to your society.

But the problem I have is the fact the governing bodies in your organization insist on keeping everyone else in the dark. If it's so wonderful then why does it seem that anyone that has creditable information against your organization seems to mysteriously die?

I'm have my opinion, you have yours.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You are correct in not trusting any group that holds secrets like that because the only reason is for them to have the upper hand against others, because they fear the unknown possible outcomes of the Future unless they have at least some control over it.

But at the same time rahboni is also speaking the truth, Freemasonry has and does many good things for mankind and with good intentions. And I'm pretty sure that is how most of them are. I mean I know a couple of very high degree Masons enough to know that they aren't evil or anything. But they do belong to a group, a group where they branch into all facets of society and work as a collective to get things done.

It's the hidden upper management holding and leaking out this great knowledge as they see fit that I think is the problem. Plus I don't think having a president who is a member of such a group is a good thing either. Unless everyone who he is representing is also a member. Otherwise his loyalty belongs to the group and not to the people.

You might hear some ego-loving Mason tell you that they actually do know what is better than the collective opinion of chaotic citizens. And he may even be right, but that still doesn't excuse them doing it in secret without public disclosure. I think my Freedom to live life should also include the Freedom to destroy my life, after all I never once asked for any group to secretly take care of me. If I need someone elses help, I'll ask for it, in fact I have no problem even paying them for it, but I never, knowingly, willingly, or wantingly just gave it up to some ghosts forever.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Anytime that information is kept from others or held back....you will have mis-trust.
Think about it.
It goes from a mere friend not telling you something that you know he knows to governments not telling all they know.
Be for whatever the reasons they may be.....
Doing so will always cause mis-trust.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 6-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I totally agree with you. I on the surface we appear to be free. But with these guys hiding in the "Temples" having meeting deciding collectivly how there going to vote. What polices there going to uphold. That's a form of government on top of a government.

The reason why I got involved in the topic of Freemasonary is the fact that almost every president was one. I've come to relize if this is true then this freedom is just an illusion and we have been living a lie.

Most people in the country simple don't care. They don't see how it affects them directly. It's this complete unconcern that angers me. Perhaps this is why a group like this exist. A nation full of people who don't give a sh*t.

I used to believe I was republican. But what does that mean anymore? We have to do something.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well you're truly mistaken if you believe that the Masonic Government is above ordinary Master Masons, as a Master Mason you are everything in Masonry, everything "above" it is really just apendant bodies that doesn't influence legally any decision of Grand Lodge. Though maybe you'll often times see a bunch of 32s as Grand Masters, simply because it takes a good 17 years to reach grand master, and by then you've joined some apendant body

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You don't see that there is any connection that there is a lot of political leaders that are Masons? You don't find the connection a bit odd? Of course you don't you believe that you and people in your lodges should be in those positions. Of course you do.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
If Freemasonary is such a wonderful thing. Why does it hide in the shadows. Behind closed doors? Anything good ins't worth hiding.

Somethign that's true in religion is that the simple truth freely given is considered unimportant and is disregarded. The same truth dressed up as a "secret" where the member has to earn the right to learn it is profound and life changing.

Not all secrets are kept to protect the guilty or hide the ugly. Some are kept so that when they are revealed, the value is multiplied.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
May I ask Freemason? What religion are you?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Freemasonary claims is it is not a religion but a Frat house.

Religion : a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality"

Look at a Mason ritual book. If that isn't religion, what is?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
www.freemasoninfo.ca...

Freemasonry is not a religion....

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What I'm talking about is the story of "The first man", Sorry I forget his name. But he was supposed to build a temple for worship or in honor of God "The Grand Architect"...Or something of this sort, it's been a while so I may be off in some names and details, hopefully Freemason can fix my mistakes. Anyway, he was then killed by 3 demon figures that were supposed to be helping, but decided to kill their father instead. So they were punished and God hid the body of "The first man" for them to find and in turn learn their mistake in what they had done.

I know that is probably a real mutilated version, but the point is, if that is true and is taught it does have religious ideals, especially if you read the real version. One thing I did like though was the fact that within that same story it taught that Masons should feel free to worship at all temples cause of the understanding that there is 1 truth or 1 God, name not important, so although religious scripture may vary, the True God at the end of all of them is still the same. Also I liked what it said about Masons, especially at the high levels were modest and labored for the betterment of all men. That any knowledge one may have over another does not make him any better but in a way should make him more understanding and accepting of his fellow man or even a guide when needed and asked for. Is that still what is taught, basically anyway.

It also said something about how the knowledge really didn't need to be secret for the fact that the knowledge alone isn't the key. It is the understanding of that knowledge, or the Wisdom, that is the real power of such information. This is also what I think, so the secrecy of it is what I don't get. unless it's the fact that knowlege is power, wisdom makes the weilding of such power useful, so letting such knowledge into the hands of those who would unwisely use it causing destruction of his brothers, is why it's hidden. Am I getting the right message??

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
To say that Freemasonary isn't a religion, or atleast has religion intertwined with it is obsurb!

One of the requirments to join is that you must believe in a high being. Also in a book for all Mason, Masonic monitor. The book for all your rituals and such is filled with religious verses.

I'm sorry to say that it doesnt take a whole lot of brain power to figure out that what your saying isn't true.

Freemasonary atleast on the surface is guided by rules and beliefs. Belief in a high being. It has rituals for the various degrees. When you become a Mason, there is a ritual of such that is mimics that of the Christian faith.

I don't think this person even is a mason. But it's ok, you can pretend if it makes you feel special.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't have any particular "religion" or rather, I have my own beliefs that are very much a religion unto themselves....something that would seem a bit more of early christianity minus the "son of god" bit, but mainly the monotheism mixed with paganistic attributes...especially fate...I'm big on fate.

As for Masons in the government, more power to them, the USA was doing better with a more masonic government.

Probably because of the good teachings of masonry

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
But it all was based on lies. Something is not a great value when it is not the truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Your religion sounds a bit new age to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Also a religion has a prescribed set of beliefs...Freemasonry does not, you can have whatever belief you want, pending that they are monotheistic. Which Hindu has been excepted because all the gods are considered summed up by Brhaman...or some such thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join