It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammad Mazouz - Survivor of Guantanamo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Survivor of Guantanamo.
Every else is dead?
Sorry but even the thread title reeks of propaganda.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
I know how to deal with enemies who want to cut my throat...I will cut theirs first.

And what if this so-called enemy is really not guilty for the crimes that he was arrested?

Cut their throat just to make sure, huh?

*Guilty until proven Innocent*

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHHAAAAAAAAAA

HAH!!! This site has LIES and POOP all over it...I mean just look at the name, www.cageprisoners.com...

cage prisoners, Hmmm I bet it is bias with a name like that...novel friggen concept huh!!!

Anyways Souljah....have you ever thought that you could be Maximus's brother? perhaps seperated at birth.
Kind of like opposites ya know.

But that would be an insult to Max...sorry Max

yet more racism from our neo-con friends! just because it has the word muslim or islam doesn't make it any less true. I could be saying the same thing about the vast majority of the US Media but then I'd be accused of being anti-american

Try this from the Amnesty International site

web.amnesty.org...

But then I suppose you consider them to be a islamic propaganda site too?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Survivor of Guantanamo.
Every else is dead?
Sorry but even the thread title reeks of propaganda.

I guess that means that he survived all the "interrogation techniques" that were used upon him - as I remember the Photos from Guantanamo and Abu Gharib, to survive this interrogation and to talk about it then, you must be one Strong Individual.

Why is it propaganda?

I suggest that you read this report - Testimonies from Former Guantanamo Bay Detainees

"Ali, age 26, was detained at various Iraqi locations from July 2003 to June 2004. He was subjected to beatings with hands, feet and chains to the point of unconsciousness, stabbing, burning, shocks and mutilation, isolation while naked and hooded in a coffin-like box, prolonged sleep deprivation enforced by beatings and being dragged face-down on the ground, desecration of the Koran, soldiers urinating on him, extreme deprivation of food and water, mock executions and threats of death and transfer to Guantánamo or other countries."
- American Civil Liberties Union and Human Rights First, Afghan and Iraqi Prisoners Detail Abuse By US Torturers, Don Knowland

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And what if this so-called enemy is really not guilty for the crimes that he was arrested?

Presumably they decided this guy was innocent, & that's why they released him.
After all, if they really thought he was a terrorist, I doubt they'd let him go.

I suspect a lot of these guys just happened to be in the wong place at the wrong time.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

yet more racism from our neo-con friends! just because it has the word muslim or islam doesn't make it any less true.

How is a what I said racism? I said the site was Bias and full of lies.
how is that racism? hell I even say fox news bias....

I agree, just because it has the word muslim or islam doesn't make it any less true......I just think the site is extremely bias, more than most sites.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Souljah what would you expect from bush really when his friend crown prince abdullah of Saudi Arabia is listed as the worlds fifth worst dictator and his other friend Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan is number 7.

archive.parade.com...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What I find disgusting are these individuals complaining about the USA, when the people they are defending are trying to blow up school children and innocent Iraqi civilains.

I am also still amazed that no promenient muslim has come out to to speak against these actions. These actions are not part of the Islamic faith. I thought Islam was a peaceful religion? These 'so-called' freedom fighters, whom are actually a bunch of pussy, camel molesting cowards, reflect very poorly on Islam itself and yet no one of Islamic importance speaks up. HOW PATHETIC!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Plenty of Islamic sholars & religious leaders have publicly condemmned OBL, terrorism, etc. There was just a fatwa issued against Bin Laden last month IIRC.

It just doesn't make the news. It's not what people want to hear, so they don't hear it...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The terrorists we have locked up in GB are of the same type causing havoc ALL over the world....from Thailand to Tunasia, Islamic terrorists are planting bombs, cutting throats, assasinating the brave ones who speak out and planning new terror campaigns.
Maximu§

Your pro-war like stance reeeeeks of ignorance my friend. Your ability to classify "terrorists" into a general category of "Mohammed" implies you declare war on a religion, not terrorists. Your comments are centered around racist fears of other cultures.

You should read this..

Children are being held at GB without trial, lawyer representation, family contact etc. However, in your existence the GB American Judge and Jury exceeds all. Hulkamaniac Pro-America from the 80's is dead ya know. The world has come to the understanding that America has become the cause, and solution to the instability on this planet.

Amnesty International takes no position on whether any of these detainees are guilty of any crime. This is a matter for a competent legal tribunal to determine. We are concerned however that they are being held outsided the framework of widely accepted international laws for the prevention of abuse of children, malicious prosecution of enemy soldiers and foreign citizens, inhumane treatment of prisoners, and unfair trials.

Are you getting war like flashbacks from Vietcong POW camps? Woops, I meant to say GB! Because the two have absolutely no resemblance as of late right?

Rambo III
------------
Masoud, Afghan Mujahedeen Leader: "Have you not seen enough death? Go!
Go while you can! This isn't your war.

Rambo: It is now.

Masoud, Afghan Mujahedeen Leader: So be it. You're a good friend.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
Souljah what would you expect from bush really when his friend crown prince abdullah of Saudi Arabia is listed as the worlds fifth worst dictator and his other friend Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan is number 7.

archive.parade.com...

Nice Lniks arnold_vosloo!

And whats with this Numero Uno Dictator - why dont the good ol' US Police come and rescue the people, that suffer in the south of Sudan?

He's an Islamic Extremist and a threat to the people of Sudan!

A colossal humanitarian tragedy in western Sudan’s Darfur region has uprooted 2 million people and killed 70,000, mostly through the activities of government-supported militias. This is nothing new in Sudan, where Omar al-Bashir, its dictator, has engaged in ethnic and religious persecution since seizing power in a military coup. Sudan has 6 million internally displaced persons—more than any other nation. In southern Sudan, where Christianity and traditional religions are practiced, Bashir tried to impose Islamic law in a campaign that included aerial bombing of villages and enslavement of women and children. His forces met with armed resistance, escalating to what some called a civil war between Muslims and Christians.

Hmm - not much Oil Reserves in Sudan, huh?

Or Poppy Fields.

Reserves (millions of barrels as of January 1, 2002): Top 20 countries:

Saudi Arabia: Z61,750
Iraq: 112,500
United Arab Emirates: 97,800
Kuwait: 96,500
Iran: 89,700
Venezuela: 77,685
Russia: 48,573
Libya: 29,500
Mexico: 26,941
Nigeria: 24,000
China: 24,000
United States: 22,045
Qatar: 15,207
Honvay: 9,947
Algeria: 9,200
Brazil: 8,465
Oman: 5,506
Kazakhstan: 5,417
Angola: 5,412
Indonesia: 5,000

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It just doesn't make the news. It's not what people want to hear, so they don't hear it...

This is true!!! Some Islamic leaders have spoke out and even a very few against the actions taken by the "insurgents". But to really make a difference I believe they will have to start educating young muslims as a whole. Kinda like how many racist in America are just mirrors of thier fathers. Many of the "bad" muslims are mirros of thier fathers too, only they have built on that and Voila!! terrorist/insurgents. A religion, school, church, whatever can teach all they want about peaceand love...but at the end of the day the kid is gonna absorb what his parents and older siblings and thier friends spit out.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Can we try to keep this civilized? There's no need for an in depth analysis of other members' political beliefs or sarcasm directed at others. I'm sure we can talk about the subject without resorting to the petty stuff.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Agreed souljah, Darfar is a far more urgent situation to be resolved than iran or North Korea. But of course the fact nothing has been done about it has nothing to do with oil

I found this other link too about the US human rights record which makes interesting reading

www.csmonitor.com...

'The US State Department in its human rights report blames countries such as Egypt and Syria for using torture; however, there is not even a mention of the incidents in Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq,' complained the mainstream Turkish newspaper Hurriyet. 'Of course, there is no mention of Guantanamo, either.'

The Sunday Mirror of South Africa, a country criticized by the US State Department, reported Sunday that South African government officials also claimed a better human rights record than the US.

'Though I believe the US report on China tries to reflect accurately what is happening, American actions (in Iraq) has made it easier for the Chinese to criticize America, and makes it easier for more abusive governments to justify their own actions.

'In terms of the US ability to speak for people's rights (Iraq) makes it very difficult for people to follow America and this worries me.'

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
syntaxer, your confused about who the enemy is in the world....the punks at GB were not locked up for stealing soda pops at the local store.

They were locked up because they have a direct connection to Islamic terrorists. Now your "raciest" remark is right on the money, I make no bones about not liking Muslims and I don't hide my prejudices.

For the most part, Im the type of American the Muslims hate most and I Hate them in return. I was not always like this, in college my best friend was Palestinean, but 9/11 opened my eyes and I saw the true face of Islam. Thats just the way it is.

Maximu§

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
maximus you have the right to fell that way about muslims despite it being completely wrong but I've said it many many times that the vast majority of muslims imprisoned in Gitmo and Abu Gharab were innocent and were never charged and have now been released. Does that still make it ok to torture them? No there is never a justification to torture anyone for anything no matter what they are are alleged to have done. Look at my post above which explains why torture is not right

'Though I believe the US report on China tries to reflect accurately what is happening, American actions (in Iraq) has made it easier for the Chinese to criticize America, and makes it easier for more abusive governments to justify their own actions.

'In terms of the US ability to speak for people's rights (Iraq) makes it very difficult for people to follow America and this worries me.'

Even the chinese are critisising the US Human Rights Records now and we all now what they are like

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

... I make no bones about not liking Muslims and I don't hide my prejudices.

For the most part, Im the type of American the Muslims hate most and I Hate them in return...

I suggest that you use that hatred and anger and start a campaign against a Real Muslim dictator Number 1 - and he is now in Sudan, killing hunreds of thousands of Inncent people.

Oh I forgot - the hypocricy of United States is so obvious is this kind of cases, when they can simply turn one eye blind and leave this people to suffer further. I guess these people are not the "terrorists" that US is supposed to "fight".

The problem here is, that US can use diffrent illegal versions of troture, and is a terrible example to all the other states, that "will use" this methods in future.

Though I believe the US report on China tries to reflect accurately what is happening, American actions (in Iraq) has made it easier for the Chinese to criticize America, and makes it easier for more abusive governments to justify their own actions.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
The Americans urinated on the Qur’an

I find it interesting that people get upset at the deeds done to a book. This is an inanimate object filled with words. The words are not holy, but the message is. Do what you will to the book. No one cares. Any good cleric would know that.

Torture? It could be much worse. A couple of people I worked with in '99 told me how they got "information" out of people in Central America. Not pretty at all. I don't think they did it for information, but for payback. Gitmo is not in the same league, much less playing the same game. If you are hearing of torture, it is to make the place sound worse than it is. Listening to a never ending recording of a baby crying or stress positions is not torture. Irritating, maybe, but not torture. Frat pledges get more torture... and they VOLUNTEER for it.

Torture yeilds very poor results when it comes to valuable information.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Cole,

Originally posted by C0le
Nope never met him in real life nor do i know him in the real world, but great minds do think alike.

and fools seldom differ.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
LAMAX,

Now your "raciest" remark is right on the money, I make no bones about not liking Muslims and I don't hide my prejudices.

For the most part, Im the type of American the Muslims hate most and I Hate them in return. I was not always like this, in college my best friend was Palestinean, but 9/11 opened my eyes and I saw the true face of Islam. Thats just the way it is.

So you admit racism and prejudice, yet you regularly appear on a site that is about denying ignorance. How do you not feel like a hypocrite?

You mention a friend you had at college who was Palestinian. What are your feelings towards him now?

Cheers

BHR

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join