It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammad Mazouz - Survivor of Guantanamo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"The Americans urinated on the Qur’an and sexually abused us."

Mohamed Mazouz forms part of the five Moroccan survivors from Guantanamo. After more than three years and a half of detention between Pakistan, Kandahar, Bagram and Guantanamo, he has just been released on bail while waiting for the trial verdict in July 4, 2005. In this exclusive interview with La Gazette du Maroc, he reflects on all the stages of his detention, the torture, the parallels with Abu Ghraib prison and the fate of the twelve other Moroccans who are still held by the Americans.

Q: What treatment was reserved for the Quran?

A: Here, I want to be insistent on letting know to the whole world through what I say until where the Americans went to humiliate us and flout our most elementary principles. It concerns the treatment inflicted to the Quran. Anything that could reduce it to nothing was used. They urinated over it, they ripped it; they cut it with scissors in front of us. They defecated on it and painted our faces with it. Yes, all this should be said so that the Muslim world understands which degree of hate this sacred Book inspires in them. I do not see why it came to that. One day, and in the Red Cross presence, they took all the Qurans of the prison to rip them in front of all of us. They behaved as regards to this noble Book as if it were a vulgar object. When we protested, we were tortured very badly. Each time they behaved like that as regards to the Quran, we were roused and obviously we were severely punished. It was a vicious circle. The other forms of torture consisted in unleashing dogs against us when we were naked, in groups in the showers, or then, at interrogation time. Dogs are prowled about this kind of work and sometimes the detainees were violently bitten. We became insane, at the same time experiencing fear, hysteria, hearing the cries of the others, enduring the cold, hunger and strong headaches. As far as I am concerned, I formed part of the first group who arrived and the last to leave. I endured everything.

Read the rest of the interview here.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not to be rude but this sounds like nothing more than propaganda. does he have scars from the bite marks? he looks relatively well for the abuse he just stated he suffered. The site you got this off of looks like a propaganda site as well. just thought id point it out

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So this POS terrorist was being "terrorized" in Guantanimo Bay?

GOOD! If I was a Guard there I would give these creeps a rifle-butt upside the head for breakfast and a kick in the balls for lunch....we should set up a Great-White shark tank there and feed em to the sharks.

These guys were caught doing some pretty bad stuff to get tossed into GB and I have no sympathy for them.....none at all.

especially for a guy named "Mohammed". Just hearing that name makes me reach for my Remmington shot-gun.

Maximu§

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
...I would give these creeps a rifle-butt upside the head for breakfast and a kick in the balls for lunch

...we should set up a Great-White shark tank there and feed em to the sharks.

...especially for a guy named "Mohammed". Just hearing that name makes me reach for my Remmington shot-gun.

Wow, what a show of complete Ignorance!

I bet if you were a guard you would also "urinate on the Qur’an" to "give these creeps" what they deserve, right?

Keep up the Good work mister Maximus, and dont allow any of those "Mohammeds" to slip thru your fingers and your Remington shotgun.

PEACE.

[edit on 26/5/05 by Souljah]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Notice how your told your ignorant if you state that you dislike muslims. I always thought that neutrality was aproduct of ignorance since you dont know how they treat prisoners,etc. all i'm saying is maybe Maximus's opinion is derived from past expierences and knowledge and not from ignorance.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Not to be rude but this sounds like nothing more than propaganda. does he have scars from the bite marks? he looks relatively well for the abuse he just stated he suffered. The site you got this off of looks like a propaganda site as well. just thought id point it out

And what site does not spread one or the other sort of Propaganda, or does not have any sort of agends or is completly non-biased?

Show me one!

This people on Cageprisoners.com actually take time to document and record this acts of war crimes, for which someday, somebody will have to Answer in the International Court of Law!

Cageprisoners.com is a non-sectarian Islamic human rights website that exists solely to raise awareness of the plight of the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay and other detainees held as part of the War on Terror. The web-site is not aligned to any Islamic group or organisation. The site was launched in October 2003 during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan by individual Muslim volunteers who came together for the reasons set out below.Our work can be summed up in six points:

* EDUCATION
* CAMPAIGN
* SUPPORT
* MOTIVATION
* CO-OPERATION
* PREVENTION

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That maybe true to a degree, but i prefer reuters or something like that over a propaganda site.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Keep up the Good work mister Maximus, and dont allow any of those "Mohammeds" to slip thru your fingers and your Remington shotgun.

Thank You Souljah, thats probably the nicest thing you ever said to me. As usual, Ill keep my 12 ga. shotgun loaded and judging by this post, it seems your not such a bad guy after all.

Maybe a little confused as to who the real enemy is, but generally a nice person who just needs some guidance from us American cowboys.

Maximu§

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
LA_Maximus

Are you for real man? Since the time you arrived at ATS you seem to have gotten more and more extreme and volatile, and I happen to think you're doing it just for effect. Let me let you in on a little secret, you're not General Maximus! You're not even Russell Crowe! Hell, you're not even Carrot Top!!

Needy for attention are we???

Peace

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
LA_Maximus

Are you for real man? Since the time you arrived at ATS you seem to have gotten more and more extreme and volatile, and I happen to think you're doing it just for effect. Let me let you in on a little secret, you're not General Maximus! You're not even Russell Crowe! Hell, you're not even Carrot Top!!

Needy for attention are we???

Peace

Nice try Dr. Love, but I get plenty of attention. I came into ATS hoping to learn and discuss issues with other people, but the Hatred for America in here surprised and sickened me......so your seeing my reaction to it.

No Im not Maximus, I never said I was, but you must be pretty desparate to attack my handle like that. Please remember I was a soldier and I still view the world thru a soldiers eyes.

Better Luck next time Dr.....Peace to you also.

Maximu§

[edit on 023131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As i sit here reading this article, i find my self wondering rather or not i should care, or just start laughing very loudly.... i think il laugh ahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Thank You Souljah, thats probably the nicest thing you ever said to me. As usual, Ill keep my 12 ga. shotgun loaded and judging by this post, it seems your not such a bad guy after all.

I am glad that you have realised that I am not one of the Bad Guys.

Thanks!

Maybe a little confused as to who the real enemy is, but generally a nice person who just needs some guidance from us American cowboys.

Trust me, I know who the Enemy of the Free World is - guidance from you, the American Cowboy is really not necessary, thank You very much.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
As i sit here reading this article, i find my self wondering rather or not i should care, or just start laughing very loudly.... i think il laugh ahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

I wonder How Loud you would laugh if the Tables were turned, and you were the Survivor of *insert prison camp name here* and I was laughing at your story.

Are you Good Friends with mister LA_Maximus?

You guys seem to share the same friends and same enemies - are you related?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You guys seem to share the same friends and same enemies - are you related?

Nope never met him in real life nor do i know him in the real world, but great minds do think alike.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
im surprise this "prisoner" is even alive and talkin, u think he CIA at least sew up his mouth or at least some kind of threat that will shut him up or assasinate him. they could have at least torture him to death. if he aint dead that means he had a good life in Cuba.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Who's your enemy souljah? The US? nope, wrong! i think we are the lest thing you should be concerned with.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Nice try Dr. Love, but I get plenty of attention. I came into ATS hoping to learn and discuss issues with other people, but the Hatred for America in here surprised and sickened me......so your seeing my reaction to it.

No Im not Maximus, I never said I was, but I was a soldier and I still view the world thru a soldiers eyes.

Better Luck next time Dr.....Peace to you also.

Maximu§

All that anger's not good for you Max. You're gonna stroke out if you don't watch it. Just reading your posts one can feel the hate.

Consider yourself lucky that you were born an American and you weren't born in Afghanistan or Iraq or any other Godforsaken country we decide to roll over in the future. I'm telling you if you keep this up things might not work out so well for you in the next life. Paybacks a bitch!! There are good people in Iraq that are getting wiped out, and the only thing they did wrong was to draw the short end of the stick and be born an Iraqi. When you think that way it puts everything in perspective.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
im surprise this "prisoner" is even alive and talkin, u think he CIA at least sew up his mouth or at least some kind of threat that will shut him up or assasinate him. they could have at least torture him to death. if he aint dead that means he had a good life in Cuba.

Ahh dont go and spoil my dreams of pain and torture to those scumbags!

/day ruined..

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHHAAAAAAAAAA

HAH!!! This site has LIES and POOP all over it...I mean just look at the name, www.cageprisoners.com...

cage prisoners, Hmmm I bet it is bias with a name like that...novel friggen concept huh!!!

Anyways Souljah....have you ever thought that you could be Maximus's brother? perhaps seperated at birth.
Kind of like opposites ya know.

But that would be an insult to Max...sorry Max

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
[There are good people in Iraq that are getting wiped out, and the only thing they did wrong was to draw the short end of the stick and be born an Iraqi. When you think that way it puts everything in perspective.
Peace

I agree Dr. Love, good people are getting wiped out in Iraq......unfortunately its the Iraqi civilians that are getting wiped out by the Islamic terrorists, who could care less how many innocents get wiped out. Have you read the news??

The terrorists we have locked up in GB are of the same type causing havoc ALL over the world....from Thailand to Tunasia, Islamic terrorists are planting bombs, cutting throats, assasinating the brave ones who speak out and planning new terror campaigns.

So Im not the one confused here Dr, Im afraid you and Souljah are.....I know how to deal with enemies who want to cut my throat...I will cut theirs first.

Maximu§

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join