It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhino Pak armor for Humvees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.labock.com...

you can scrow down and click on mail call video which is on the history channel talkin about improving how the uparmor kit can help save lives. pretty awesome video.

its cheap and fast to put on. they really need to buy it for all the humvees. they probably set up kits for trucks and other logistics vehicles.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow deltaboy that sure as hell offers a lot of protection, we definetly need to get these armor upgrades on vehicles in Iraq. I think its a affordable way to not lessen light vehicles speed but upgrade their protection.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
lol, now somebody can yell out the window:

"Hey insurgents, bit my shiny metal @#$"

and not get hurt.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Definitly ugly! poor HMMWV.

But if it protect our guys better, the better.

I say OUR guys since they are our allies too, I don't hate America like the majority of Europe

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow, looks like a nice kit, and at last they have designed a kit with a roof on it! The last 2 different types of kit still used the original canvas roof that I found absolutely ridiculous, what was the point in armouring the sides and rear opening and fitting ballistic glass when it still had the original canvas roofs????? The first generation kits that were fitted were awful, low cut armoured doors with no glass fitted, these were actually better for the soldiers to hang out and shoot from though as it gave them a wide angle of range compared to the second generation HaRd Kit which had full doors fitted with sliding ballistic glass but left a very small opening for the rifles to be poked out. The first generation kit also had full belly plates which offered better protection from mines for the ocupants, which the HaRd Kit never had(to keep down weight I presume). The HaRd Kit also included an air conditioning system, the first generation had none.
Overall, (imo) the HaRd Kit is the better option as it comes in two layers, a thin sheet of solid steel underarmour with a thick alloy overarmour. I have never seen them tested on the field so only a soldier would be able to give you a more acurate response as to how they perform in action.
Hopefully we will be supplied with the new Rhino kit to fit to some vehicles so that I can compare the difference to the last two kind of kits I have fitted to HMMWV's. It looks quite tough though so hopefully it will be an improvement.

top topics

join