It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you spend......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just a fun question to make you go hmmmmmmm

Imagine that you wake up one morning and are handed 10,000 dollars . . . and told that you must have it spent by midnight of that same day.

You are also told that any tangible objects you buy, unless they are completely used up, will have to be given back at the stroke of midnight. How would you spend your cash?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Imagine that you wake up one morning and are handed 10,000 dollars . . . and told that you must have it spent by midnight of that same day.

Dollars...pah

ok, I'd be boring and spend it on something thats likely to increase in price in the future, platinum or anything expensive and shiny.

Boring yes, wise...maybe

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
that's easy...

Fly myself and my G/F out to California, she would get a full day at a spa, no expense spared, all the treatments, etc...

I would spend the day on the golf course, Pebble Beach baby !!, Rent the best made clubs, have the most expensive snacks / lunches etc...

to top it off, a nice romantic dinner with my gal !

I think we could do all that with $10k.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You are also told that any tangible objects you buy, unless they are completely used up, will have to be given back at the stroke of midnight. How would you spend your cash?

Easy...

Fly to Vegas, get some hookers, then gamble the rest away! If I actually make anything gambling, then well....more hookers! The wife can have some fun too I suppose...just has to be hookers she's into...

Seriously though...we'd do some things we haven't done yet, like swim with dolphins, skydive, all while renting a limo for the day of course, gotta travel in style!!!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would find a children’s cancer ward and do something for all the sick kids. Maybe hire a bunch of clowns, magicians, dog handlers, caterers, ice-cream vendors and turn their hospital floor into a 3 ring circus for a day.

Oh and a hooker for me...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Just a fun question to make you go hmmmmmmm

Why dollars? Arent you from London? Jeeze Londoners don't know what currency they use! Oh and Kinglizard sign me up for the clown and the hooker:w:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
clowns and hookers.... :shk::shk::shk:

I'm getting worried about members around here...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Its nothing to be ashamed of! right King?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Read after "seriously though.."

Remember, you can't have anything left to show for it....ala Brewster's Millions....

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Brewsters Millions... Great Movie...

I had heard a rumor of a sequel to it... hmmm going to go search.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
if it was pounds i would shop till i droped, go to a health spar.

by loads of SHOES+HANDBAGS!!

aww i want the money now,

oh and go on the razzel with asala, DJDOHBOY nd who ever else wanted to come, and if they were in a different countries i would fly them over!

oh im getting carryed away.... i told you i wanted the money!

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
10,000$ worth of beer and chips...=football party

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
well thats normal boys= football
girls- shopping, pampering.

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'd donate $5000 to the AiG Creation Museum and $5000 to a local homeless shelter.

Steve

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
aww sntx that is really nice,

i would donate some money to peopl who need it.

i feel bad now!

oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oni xx don't feel bad! I'm sure this thread was started to be lighthearted and fun. I didn't meant to throw a damper on it. If there was a stipulation that I had to spend it on myself I would buy a ton of good food and throw a party.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
whay

thats better, not that giving some to charity wasnt,

just think that everyone should have a wonderful time!

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Do you think I could change that amount of money to pounds and spend it by the time the banks closed?

Anyway, I'd buy a Volkswagen camper van...one of those hippy type ones, a souped up one with CD player and speakers that I saw on e-bay. Then I'd paint a big saltire on it and drive it to Germany with my mates for the world cup to cheer on Scotland. If we qualify...

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'd bribe a city council member......

[edit on 29-5-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You are also told that any tangible objects you buy, unless they are completely used up, will have to be given back at the stroke of midnight.

Why you little...

I'd probably invest it all. If not, put it towards that 40k a year for college. That ain't so easy to come by. If it was any more, though, I'd give a large portion away to Cancer research and the Nature Conservancy.

MemoryShock: Why not bribe an ATS council member?

Only if they're the same thing...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join