It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide bomber dogs in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

theaustralian
IRAQ insurgents attached explosives to a dog today in a bid to bomb a military convoy near the northern oil centre of Kirkuk but the animal was the only casualty, police said.

The insurgents wrapped an explosive belt around the dog's body and detonated it as the convoy passed through Dakuk, 40km south of Kirkuk, the town's police chief Colonel Mohammed Barzaji said.

"The dog was torn apart by the explosion which caused neither injury among the soldiers nor any damage," said Barzaji, adding that the bomb had been detonated outside a Shiite mosque.

Insurgents are continuing to develop new methods of attacking troops in Iraq. I guess they've found that blowing themselves up isn't that effective because you don't live to fight another day.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
dogs are unreliable to be used as suicide bombers since they sniff around and moving at a bad time. they will have to go back to humans as suicide bombers.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
good grief that's disgusting.

using an animal.........makes me mad. if they want to blow themselves up fine! but leave innocents out of it.........the 2 legged or 4 legged kind.

angie

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wouldn't a dog wearing a vest stand out??

How would you like to be the poor sap that gets his leg humped by that dog?

Peace

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Wouldn't a dog wearing a vest stand out??

How would you like to be the poor sap that gets his leg humped by that dog?

Peace

they can cover up the vest with fake dog hair or cut out the skin of another dog and use it to cover up the vest.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There is a bigger question:

was the poor dog converted to Islam before it went on its mission? Was he promised 72 virgin female dogs (feel free to substitute for a non PC word) for the deed?

Fascinating.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Russians did the samething during WWII. Strap explosives to a dog and train it to run under a Tiger Tank. They had good reasons though.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
Russians did the samething during WWII. Strap explosives to a dog and train it to run under a Tiger Tank. They had good reasons though.

was it before they developed the t-34 tank? is that why they use dogs for the tiger tanks?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
There is a bigger question:

was the poor dog converted to Islam before it went on its mission? Was he promised 72 virgin female dogs (feel free to substitute for a non PC word) for the deed?

Fascinating.

that was funny aelita.

Poor dogs, why use dogs they call them man's best friend for a reason! It angers me they use dogs for this purpose or any animals
. it's bad enough us dumb ass human murder each other do also have to kill off our animals? They are truly innocent.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
When US Navy uses Dolphins to put mines on ships everythings is ok.

When US Navy uses a new kind of sonar and destroys marine life with powerfull sonic emissions, then everything is ok.

I have a Dog at home and I Love all Animals - and I dont approve Any of their torture and miss-treatment.

But people have always and will always use animals for their goals and purposes.

deltaboy - I think that Tiger tank was pretty superior than the russin T-34; but not when russians have 10.000 tanks while germans did not.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That's quite interesting. I'm pretty sure that Dogs in Iraq would be underfed muts as they are in India and other parts of the Middle East, with little or no training. They may have aswell strapped a bomb to a blind monkey.

Deep

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
MORRIS: And we've just heard- [he waves for the camera to zoom in; it does so] -that areas in three of Britain's cities are being evacuated due to suspect dogs. Police belive this could be the start of a mainland campaign of dogbombs threatened by the IRA last month. This report from Eugene Fraxby who's got the story with him reports.

FRAXBY: Oxford Street in London with three policemen and a knotted tape barrier. A stray dog was spotted here an hour ago and everybody ran out.

[Shot of an empty street, the camera waving about wildly and people shouting on the soundtrack. A caption says 'Reconstruction'.]

FRAXBY: Police then isolated the area containing the dog and told the public to clear off. Later they located it, and conducted a controlled explosion.

[There is an explosion in a shop doorway. Bits of dog and fur fly out. Policemen then emerge holding bags of guts.]

FRAXBY: But as the remains were being taken for laboratory tests, a second dog ran out from the crowd. It could have been a bomb - the police had no choice.

[An armed policeman starts blasting wildly into the crowd after the dog.]

FRAXBY: It was over in seconds - a dog and three people dead from guns. Being old, they would have died soon anyway, but the dog, which contained no explosives at all, was shot to ribbons in its prime.

[Shot of Fraxby standing next to a memorial to 'Spider', with a brass dog's head on a pole.]

FRAXBY: By six o'clock this evening a monument had been built, marking the end perhaps of the relationship between man and dog which today went from this [he holds up a toy dog and strokes it] to this [he pulls out a gun and shoots the dog in the head].

[A graphic appears of a policeman holding an aerosol can confronting a suspect dog.]

MORRIS: The only way police can neutralise bombdogs is to spray them with a resin coating which hardens instantly to contain any explosion. The inside of the bombdog is obviously destroyed, but the outside stays the same shape. However, if the underside is not covered, a highly directional blast launches the animal vertically to a height of over a thousand feet.

MORRIS: Coming up - new explosive suss laws mean any domestic dog is now a potential hazard-

[A policeman finds a dog tied to a lamppost. He examines it, then pulls out a gun and blows it away.]

MORRIS: -and an eyewitness who was caught up in more bombdog chaos.

EYEWITNESS: One policeman I saw particularly went "Noooooo!" [he acts everything out in movie-style slow motion, first drawing an imaginary gun from a shoulder holster, cocking it and taking aim] "Moooooove!" [Shoots] "Boom! Boom!" One guy, I don't know whether he was involved or not, was running away - [acts out two bullets exploding from his chest] "Uuuuurrrghhhh!" - and then he caught him one more time between the eyes, it was horrible. ["Boof!" as the guy's head explodes. The witness falls to the ground in slow motion, then gets up again] That was as much as I saw, really.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In John Ketwig's autobiography "....and a hard rain fell" he tells of VC sewing explosives into a dog's side, and when GI's try to comfort the wounded animal - BOOM.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
When US Navy uses Dolphins to put mines on ships everythings is ok.

When US Navy uses a new kind of sonar and destroys marine life with powerfull sonic emissions, then everything is ok.

I have a Dog at home and I Love all Animals - and I dont approve Any of their torture and miss-treatment.

But people have always and will always use animals for their goals and purposes.

deltaboy - I think that Tiger tank was pretty superior than the russin T-34; but not when russians have 10.000 tanks while germans did not.

They use dolphins to place mines? That sucks! what happens if it dies or hits the wrong target?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
They may have aswell strapped a bomb to a blind monkey.

A lightbulb just went up over an insurgents head!
Stop giving them ideas!

Actually I do recall reading somethign around here where they were using animal carcasses to hid the bombs too.

If these are the tactics that the Insurgency is using, I don't see how they can have any hope. Seems like the Viet Cong and whatnot excelled at guerilla tactics, but these guys don't seem to be doing a good job of it. They're about as effective as the Boer Commandos it seems.

[quoteRay Davies
]and when GI's try to comfort the wounded animal - BOOM.
Hell, they used to put poison or grenades into sodas and drinks and have kids run them out to the GIs.

That sucks! what happens if it dies or hits the wrong target?

er, they explode, and the dolphin dies. They also use dolphins to find and hit mines to get them to blow up. Supposedly, and I haven't had this confirmed, when some of the dolphins 'see' the results, they refuse to participate. But that sounds like folklore, why'd they be shown it and how would anyone know??

top topics

join