It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Impeached? Wanna Bet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As I figured, because there is money to be made, it would resurface, just under a different name. And what timing too! Just before a major event... perfect time to place bets...

Wired Magazine
Aug. 04, 2003 PT

Though there was an outcry over the Pentagon's terrorism futures market, a similar online exchange is in the works to predict what the U.S. government is up to.

The American Action Market will offer various Washington "futures" that can be bet upon and traded. Examples include:

�Which country will the White House threaten next?

�Who will be the next foreign leader to move off the CIA payroll and onto the White House's "most wanted" list?

�Which corporation with close ties to the White House will be the next cloaked in scandal?

The AAM will begin registering traders in September and plans to open for business Oct. 1 -- the same launch date proposed for the Pentagon's terrorism market, until it was shelved.

Like the Pentagon's scrapped Policy Analysis Market, the AAM lets traders "bet" on future events by buying and selling futures as though they were stocks. The higher the price, the more likely the market believes the event will occur. But instead of predicting terrorist strikes, the AAM will predict things like the next White House staffer to quit.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I tell ya some people have too much free time on their hands. Can you say bad idea.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is a new low for the US Government....betting on the lifes of other humans.

How the hell do things like that make it beyond the drawing board.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They had already acquired half a million dollars to set it up... and they knew money was the be made... and all they had to do was change the name.

Did you really think they wouldnt?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I did Dragonrider, i honestly didnt think they would go as low as to bet on death.

Its like betting on a damn cock fight.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Did you really think they wouldnt?

Thats what they always do.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Who knew that capitalism could sink so low..?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its about as low as whale poop on the bottom of the ocean....
But one must also consider who will really be the big "winners" in this or behind this?
Money talks, BS walks.
This is like taking candy from kids for the "elitist' few.
Another form of keeping the 'ignorant many'....ignorant.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

This is like taking candy from kids for the "elitist' few.
Another form of keeping the 'ignorant many'....ignorant.

Or perhaps it will disgust those ignorant masses enough to make them go out and seek the knowledge to become educated about what the government is really up to.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   

But instead of predicting terrorist strikes, the AAM will predict things like the next White House staffer to quit.

LOL, yesterday I saw on the "news" that Powell just announced he will not serve a second term if bush gets re-elected. Too much risk?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
i really think if bush were to be impeeched it really wouldn't matter there'd just be another puppet president, the same things'd get done

top topics

join