It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Read on the Fight against Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm posting a link to an article titled, "Occupied World The Facts", from The New Internationalist, March 2005.

www.findarticles.com...

I found this article to be very interesting as it shows how many countries are trying to make our world safer. And it is not just the major players such as The U.S., or England, but many small countries as well.

This article also shows examples of countries that overstretch its powers in the name of fighting terrorism, an example:

RUSSIA has consistently used the War on Terror as an excuse to 'engage in extrajudicial executions, arrests and extortion of civilians' as part of its continued occupation of Chechnya, according to Human Rights Watch

Unfortunately, there will be those who take advantage of the situation, and use "war on terror", as an excuse to forward their own agendas.

But, I am glad to know that much more is being done to try and keep people safe from terrorists. I strongly believe that everyone, everywhere has a right to live as safe as possible.

I also believe that yes, there will be some loss of privacy, but that may just be the price we have to pay in order to make our world safer.

Any thoughts?
Faeryland

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Faeryland]

join