It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Spaceman" in Alabama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by travelinmason
This incident happened, I believe, in October, 1973.

On 17 October 1973 Police Chief Jeff Greenshaw of Falkville, Alabama was following up a local UFO sighting when he observed - and photographed - another six feet tall humanoid in a silver coloured suit. Greenshaw claimed 'I jumped into my car and took off after him, but couldn't catch up with him. He was running faster than any human I ever saw.' He stated that the creature was like 'a man wrapped in aluminium foil' and had 'run like a robot with huge paces between each step.'...continues, leemajors.co.uk

Bold text added

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't know why Mr. Greenhaw stated that the thing ran faster than a human. I imagine he was excited and considering the events that followed, he sincerely believed he saw an alien. I always thought that the story was a bit of local color, as I said, most folks who are familiar with the story know who the man in the suit was. The first time that I realized that the story had made news outside our area was several years ago when I was shown that exact story in a book called "World's Greatest Mysteries". Not exactly a classic so I don't believe it is still in print. I haven't been able to locate it from any book dealer.

Regards,
travelinmason

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This "spaceman" was sighted in 1973.

Could this have been a publicity teaser for "The Six Million Dollar Man", which aired in 1974 ?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by travelinmason
This incident happened, I believe, in October, 1973. It is quite a joke in the area. It was a man (teenager) dressed in aluminum foil. I will not give any names because the person who staged the hoax is a friend of mine and it is a sad state of affairs for two reasons. First, a man's life was ruined. Jeff Greenhaw's wife left him, his home was destroyed, and he lost his job. Second, this story was reported on the History Channel as being something more than what it was. It is fine for web bloggers to speculate about extra-terrestrials, if that is their particular field of interest. However, the History Channel is believed to be a reputable source of information. It would be the same situation if the New York Times or Washington Post ran an article that was mostly fabricated. It would compromise the credibility of the publication and be potentially dangerous.

Sincerely,
travelinmason

Travelin,

Where are you located exactly? I live in Alabama, just a few hours away from the incident.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The incident happened in Falkville. I am from Hartselle which is a few miles away.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm a bit concerned with this statement-

This incident happened, I believe, in October, 1973. It is quite a joke in the area. It was a man (teenager) dressed in aluminum foil. I will not give any names because the person who staged the hoax is a friend of mine

If this person is a friend of yours why are you unsure of the the year it occurred?
Why not just ask him instead of guessing?
So far the only evidence you've presented for a hoax is hearsay.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It happened in 1973. October to be exact. If you have ever done something that you would rather not talk about then you can answer that question.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've done lots of things I don't talk about. I either remember when they happened or I don't. If I don't then I say "hey may have been 1973 not sure". I don't say may have been then come back and post "in October of 73 exactly".
I think yer blowin smoke and I ain't afraid to call it.
If you have proof someone hoaxed this incident then post it, don't hem and haw and flip and flop.
Or maybe you mean this friend of yours pulled off an internationally famous hoax but can't recall the date?
Or maybe you mean you live next door to this hoaxster and never heard of it till now?
Come on , you can't have it both ways. This happened 33 years ago and you live in a town where it's common knowledge and you just found out about it?
puuuulllleeeesse.
Cometchaser.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Not to mention the above new story says "October 1973" a little hard to miss really so the date is a moot point in proving or disproving a hoax.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
For the record, I didn't just hear about it. I realized several years ago that it was an incident that at least got some coverage outside the local area because I saw it in a book which, like I said before, I don't believe would be easy to locate now. I knew of the incident a long time before that. I only started thinking about it again because on April 26, 2006 a show was aired on the History Channel which spoke of the incident and attempted to make credible something which was a hoax. After seeing it on television, I decided to look further into it on the internet to see how wide the coverage of the incident was. You guys just don't want your bubbles busted because as long as there is a chance that a "humanoid" creature really was photographed, it gives you something to debate about. I'm here to tell you without a doubt, no hem or haw, that was a man in a reflective suit. Believe it or not. You can try to find evidence otherwise or you can spend your energies on more worthy mysteries.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You can say it's a hoax all day every day but that doesn't make it so.
Give some proof and Maybe(just maybe) I'll buy it. Otherwise You my friend are the one wasting time.
For the record let me state that I tend to believe the entire incident was nothing but an elaborate attempt to get Greenhaw fired. But there's no proof one way or the other.
And that is the truth.

If your looking for a book with this incident try Jenny Randles 'The UFO Conspiracy' copyright 1987. It's readily available at the local library and your favorite bookseller.
(psst, she went there and investigated)

This case is unresolved.

If you have proof of a hoax put up or shut up.

[edit on 4/30/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
(PSSST, I'm sure Mrs. Randles is a very well respected journalist, just like our hero, Mr. Icke but when you said that Falkville was awash in UFO investigators, did you mean more than one person, or three or four?) Actually, the more that I look at these pictures I realize that I may be wrong, it is quite plausible that it is Jimmy Hoffa wearing that suit. Silly me.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Please remember that this sighting occurred during a time when ufo activity was at a peak. I have studied unexplained phenomena all my life (in my mid-50s now) with emphasis on ufology. It is easy to deride the police officer and crow about man in aluminum. Want to disregard that figure (wearing bulky aluminum suit) outran a patrol car then vanished? Go to it! Never bought into that baloney. But again, I never believed government CASES against Lee Harvey Oswald, James Earl Ray or Sirhan Sirhan either! Matter of fact, entity closely resembles those which examined two fisherman at Pascaugoula, Missippii that same year! Coincidence? Hardly! Project Blue Book had the right formula. Take each ufo case on its own. Disregard what was going on elsewhere at the time. Much easier to debunk that way. Is case authentic. No one really knows. Just keep an open mind. One way or the other!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

my names jb greenhaw my dads a genious he has forgot more than u will ever know u think theres just thousands on thousands of people just imagining or goin through a lot of personal problems make ur remarks id get my heart right

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

my names jb greenhaw my dads a genious he has forgot more than u will ever know u think theres just thousands on thousands of people just imagining or goin through a lot of personal problems make ur remarks id get my heart right

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I kind of think that this case is about a time traveler. Something about it I guess

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That's a very valid point about the comparisons. I am always amazed how few make make the connection between the Lonnie Zamora case and this one from France in Valensole www.ufoevidence.org... and
www.ufocasebook.com...

Check the artists rendition and compare the ship to that reported at Socorro

There's a useful catalogue of supposed landings by UFOs here www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I would like to point out that this is not a singular entity, it is hundreds, perhaps thousands, depending on the thickness and concentrations of the people involved. The small component parts are indeed aliens, the construct is just that, something constructed for convenience and mobility. I took photographs of some of the small ones yesterday, if you're interested.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am not sure these people could be characterized as e.t. I know that do space travel and that they are integral parts of flying saucer type craft but the extend far beyond that. I have found them from the holy land to inside the Chile mine cave-in. The reason the police could not catch the alien was because it was flying, moving the legs was a subterfuge. If you are going to examine the evidence you need to do more than just look at the picture. At least download magnify it, as a sidenote, i think the trapped miners interacted with the entities in the mine. remember you heard it here first.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join