It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Reports, Government issued statements, Pentagon asserts....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hi,

I was just glancing over one of the "Top Stories" by the AP a while ago and noticed something that is not new, and not particular to that story, nor is it particular to the AP. It was just something that made me think even more so (if that's possible) just how much bullsh*t we are fed, and how many lies (statements never to be proven) we are told over and over on a daily basis that it not only borders on the ridiculous, but falls over the edge!

In just that one short article, I noticed the following sets of words used in typical sentances - and I'm sure that I only picked out a few for purposes of this post, since I, like most everyone else has heard/read them so often, that they have become commonplace:

"FBI records cite...."

"FBI reports indicate...."

"U.S. Military Officials issued a statement...."

"The Pentagon asserts...."

U.S. Commanders have documented...."

"Pentagon officials have said repeatedly...."

If you want to look at the article to see if I'm exagerating, I'll give you the URL, but I'm sure that it's no different than most anything put out by the media in so far as carrying this type of non-information. apnews.myway.com...

A "document", a "report", a "record", a "statement", whatever is only as good as what there is to back it up and prove it to be the truth. No civilian that I know of will ever have any way of knowing for sure that what we are told that has been documented, recorded, or asserted by the Pentagon or stated by U.S. Military officials has any resemblance to the truth or not.

I mean, I could post an article myself as being the truth rather than an opinion, and I could state that the moon is in fact made out of green cheese, that it has been documented repeatedly. Or I could keep pages of "records" claiming that it has been proven that there is indeed life in the Dead Sea, and that it is highly intelligent. (For a stupid example), and many more pages of records claiming all kinds of ridiculous "documented reports".

If I were to post such "documented records and reports" here, and someone questioned my sources, well, my source would have to be me, wouldn't it. That would really prove a lot. I would lose all credibility, and I would probably be put on "ignore" by just about the entire community.

Well, that's basically what the government and the media do on a daily basis, it's just too bad that they can't be put on "ignore" and make sure that they know that they are on global "ignore".

But, they know what they're doing. Do they really think that we are that stupid? Or if some or most Americans bought it for a while, or are still buying it, don't they think that eventually the people are going to catch on, and one day, the U.S. government will have lost all credibility?

This just reminds me of an old thread I started, which I had forgotten about until now, and the reason why I posted it. When Words Lose Their Meaning, People Lose Their Freedom

IMHO, this article is making more and more sense. The problem is, how do we stop them, or at least let them know that they are totally wasting their breath, their paper, their air-time, or time wasted lying to the media, or maybe it's the media who are the ones wasting their time (probably it's a joint effort). Anyway..... any other thoughts on this completely ludicrous method of "communication" to Joe Public?

//ed for grammar//

//ed again for possible offensive refference//

[edit on 5/26/2005 by CyberKat]

[edit on 5/26/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks this way? Or did I make a bad title, or what?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think it supports the idea that the media is nothing more than an outlet of lies and deciet for the governement. Instead of the media getting more information first-hand, they take whatever the governement officials have "documented" and spew it back at us. How can we expect the information we get to not be one-sided when there's only one source? I know for a fact (because I spoke with a friend of mine who just returned from Iraq) that American soldiers have shot little children in the head for hold objects that "looked" menacing. Sure don't hear about that much, do we?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have read stories (not from the American mainstream media), and seen pictures that are just absolutely horrible. But to hear that you actually heard straight from your friend's mouth that they are deliberately shooting children in the head......I don't know what to say. I don't doubt it for a minute, I just don't see how anyone, even someone like Bush could possibly condone such actions. After all, his daughters were little kids once, too.

No wonder the U.S. media is running out of stories to run, so they keep up stories like runaway brides, American Idols, etc.... They really ought to be reporting the news like it is. Maybe then there would be more of a possibility that enough people would be outraged that the U.S. could somehow be forced into stopping such atrocities.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It is horrible, I agree. Part of the problem is the insurgents. This friend of mine had to shoot a kid as well, but the kid was throwing maltov cocktails at him. It gives him nightmares. He has to live with that for the rest of his life. I certainly don't want to make it out as if American soldiers enjoy killing women and children, but it's a reality now just as it was in Vietnam. In fact, this war is sounding a lot like the desert version of 'Nam.

new topics

top topics

join