It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by OXmanK
This is absolutely absurd.
1. It is a FACT she that killed someone. Can you imagine the s***storm that would fly once she got the nomination. If you think things are spun too badly nowadays, just wait...
2. Have you looked at her? No...really...have you? There is something not right in her face. It is something that does not really work. I'm not saying she is ugly...but there is something odd there. And since this country is famous for electing aesthetically friendly people, she might have a few problems.
3. What credentials does she have? How much public service does she have? Just because you live with the most powerful political figure, does not mean that you would be good at it.
4. Her personallity does not seem suitable for a politician. She looks like she would be a nice person. That would be her downfall. NICE PEOPLE ARE NOT GOOD POLITICIANS. After all, how would they respond to some of the snarkier comments of people like Dean and Hillary?
5. I just don't like the idea of anybody other than Giuliani or McCain being serious about the nod. I know the democrats will nominate "SomeCrappyGuy 2008", I just hope the Republicans put up a more balanced person...someone who appeals to both sides. Laura would only appeal to two people. One of them is hardcore Republicans who will vote Republican regardless. And the other are those who will be voting specifically against Hillary.
Originally posted by Carseller4
If Laura wanted to further her political career, an ambassadorship would be appropriate, but nothing much more political than that.