It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy, Army, Marines or AirForce??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I would suggest the army, but I'm biased.

ID

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would suggest Army that is what I am going. Navy and Air Force are fine for some people but it is not the path for me.

First to fight, For the right,
And to build the Nations might,
And the Army goes rolling along.
Proud of all we have done,
Fighting till the battle's won
And the Army goes rolling along.

Then it's Hi! Hi! Hey!
The Army on it's way.
Count off the cadence loud and strong,
(TWO! THREE!)
For Wher - e'er we go, you will always know,
That the Army goes rolling along.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The individual act of obedience is the cornerstone of authority.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Considering my father was SPECWAR1 or Special Warfare Group 1 in the Navy (hint, rhymes with eels) when I was a child, I would suggest the Navy, no one can help you more with a tech degree)

Just a thought!

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I almost made a career out of it, but opted for the $greener pastures$.
Do not go into the military yet: wait for a responsible Commander in Chief first; because you certainely don't have one now.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ermmmm.........well i would join the AirForce,but thats just me

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Army training is no where near as brutal as Marine training, if that answers your question. the marines go to basic for 13 weeks, army, second longest at 8 weeks.

Marines is alright if you wanna be the first wave shock troops to take tha majority of the bullets and be the first to get sent back in a body bag. Army is great if while youre not a wimp, you prefer to come in after the Marines and sit down and take the rest of the bullets. navy is fine if youre a freak of nature he likes being trapped on a boat for 6 months. Air Force isnt even military, for christ sake, they call each other by first name, work in 8 hour shifts, dont have to do physical fitness exercises, actually discuss politics with one another, and get set up on the best bases after the marines ahve seized them and the army rebuilds them. Air Force is the way youre lookin at if you really dont care about impressing chicks and actually want to leave with half the brain you entered with. Join the army or Marines, and youll have them beat out of you, and get sent to every #hole on the planet.

Of course, id pick the army, because, after they sent in the Marines to scare the # out of the enemy, they get us good and drunk, then send us in to worsen foreign relations with the locals.

army is 9 weeks and marines is 12 weeks

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
........Go with US army Airborne,hazard pay for making at least one jump per month if I remember right,combat arms specialties pay more too.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
basic will be 8 to 12 weeks,with another 4 to 6 weeks for jumpschool,I watched a lot of marines fall out,it is not easy!.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigkeeser
"Air Force is the way youre lookin at if you really dont care about impressing chicks and actually want to leave with half the brain you entered with."

I seriously thought that was the army. I know how the army's drill sergeants at their AIT pump them up to think they are actually the best at what they do. Besides the army is really for people that wanna be Airborne Rangers or just don't meet the requirements to get into the Air Force.

Also you guys hardly get any college credit for your AIT. I got some 50 semester hours out of mine and this army chick said she got 6 because she wasn't an NCO.

[Edited on 8-14-2003 by bigkeeser]

hey the air force has all the cute women. you cant say that about the army or marines.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard
Considering my father was SPECWAR1 or Special Warfare Group 1 in the Navy (hint, rhymes with eels) when I was a child, I would suggest the Navy, no one can help you more with a tech degree)

Just a thought!

its called the air force. and if you want more money in the navy you have to nuclear certified. not in the airforce. air force is the way to go.

"Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

Additional verses:

Minds of men fashioned a crate of thunder,
Sent it high into the blue;
Hands of men blasted the world asunder;
How they lived God only knew! (God only knew then!)
Souls of men dreaming of skies to conquer
Gave us wings, ever to soar!
With scouts before And bombers galore. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

Bridge: "A Toast to the Host"

Here's a toast to the host
Of those who love the vastness of the sky,
To a friend we send a message of his brother men who fly.
We drink to those who gave their all of old,
Then down we roar to score the rainbow's pot of gold.
A toast to the host of men we boast, the U.S. Air Force!

Zoom!

Off we go into the wild sky yonder,
Keep the wings level and true;
If you'd live to be a grey-haired wonder
Keep the nose out of the blue! (Out of the blue, boy!)
Flying men, guarding the nation's border,
We'll be there, followed by more!
In echelon we carry on. Hey!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!"

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
"Marines don't retreat we just run the other way!"

Hehe, but anyways what do u have to do to pilot a let's say F-22?

The way I see it if u join the army or the marines you get to fight in every god forsaken hell hole around the world. Well you may consider going in army to drive one of their tanks.... yeah because there's pretty much nothing in a 3rd world country that can take out a M1 Abram.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I see that some of you are either in, or have been in, one the branches of the military. The pay is virtually the same across all the branches by rank. You get a little more pay if you are overseas or in combat (Hazardous Duty Pay). Believe me when I say that the HDP is not worth the possible outcome. The technical training I received at the time, was taught by the Army to all branches. If you knew this machine you could operate it/fix it anywhere. At the time 1974, the government spent $10,000 on the training and another $15,000 on the Security Clearance. Nothing equated to College credits. But it helped me climb the ladder of success because of it. Your best bet is to talk to a recruiter and have him/her help you decide what is best learned that will help you, when you become a civilian again. Like a technical job that will help you to get a great job when you get out. After all you get a job like my ex-Marine brother did. He was a jet refueler. In other words a glorified gas jockey. Choose wisely.

By the way to all that are using military acronyms. The ones who have never been in, will not know what you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
........Go with US army Airborne,hazard pay for making at least one jump per month if I remember right,combat arms specialties pay more too.

so do enlisted air crews. they get 250 more a mounth for flight time

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I would suggest getting a grant or loan any way you can, and avoid the services altogether....unless you just really want to be a drone.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I would suggest getting a grant or loan any way you can, and avoid the services altogether....unless you just really want to be a drone.

being a drone? i dont think so. your just way to anti government

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Im in the same situation. Airforce or the Navy. I want to become an Intelligence & Communications officer. Both choices are good options, but im not sure.

Till Next Time,
BlackRose

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey, I thought about joining a while ago, buut don't get me wrong, I won't do it to serve the country or anything, just because I think it'd be an interesting training occasion, some money going in, and hey, they'd take about anyone.

Now I don't wanna start fight or anything, but I once thought, if I wanna join, maybe I should join U.S. Army, because I bet Canadian don't do # compared to the U.S. training, I mean, the Canadian Army just sound like a big joke to me. Am I wrong? Is it really bad? Similar? Or what? (keep in mind I'm just interested in the money + the physical training)

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackRose
Im in the same situation. Airforce or the Navy. I want to become an Intelligence & Communications officer. Both choices are good options, but im not sure.

Till Next Time,
BlackRose

I was thinking about Intelligece officer too! Maybe we'll sometime meet eachother.
Air Force SPace command is cool too!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join