It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Admits to Social Security Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
While I have no definitive stance on Social Security, I found Bush's words about this program particularly surprising.

As you -- as I mentioned to you earlier, we're going to redesign the current system. If you've retired, you don't have anything to worry about -- third time I've said that. (Laughter.) I'll probably say it three more times. See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda. (Applause.)

www.whitehouse.gov...

Wait wait wait.....Applause? I wonder how much he has to "keep repeating the truth" in his other business.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I think he's talking about countering the anti-reform propaganda (like from AARP) there.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
LOL the man says "catapult the propaganda" and gets applause.. that reminds me of somebody...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
While some of bush's ideas are ok, privatizing social security is not a good idea because we could end up with another enron except with your social security. Keep the gov. involved as maybe we wont lose the money to some ceo.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think he's talking about countering the anti-reform propaganda (like from AARP) there.

So he mispoke.......again is what you are saying?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Who knows, he was either joking or he misspoke.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Maybe his earpiece shorted out and he had to ad lib. Karl is pulling out what is left of his hair tonight boys.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Who knows, he was either joking or he misspoke.

You know I could buy that if he didn't do it so often.

I often listen to Mike Malloy on Air America and he's always playing clips where Bush is either "joking" or "misspeaking". Happens almost every day in fact.

Bush's speeches are either fraught with some kind of freudian slips from someone playing dumb or he has some serious language based disability, or maybe he's just dumb. I think it's a mix of all three.

It's the freudian slips like this one that get my attention and make me think he knows exactly what he's talking about.

Scary.

top topics

join