It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disscussion about the book "Da Vinci Code"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hi everyone, i have just finished the Da Vinci code and i want to make an open debate about that book tell us with some prior investigation i think it would be very interestig cause it speaks about many subjects, also if you want to add information that is not contained in the book it will be great!!!

thanks.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
While I'm all for discussion, perhaps you should check out these threads first...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I must admit that I didn't enjoy the book at all. I thought it was poorly written (the fact that it can be read very quickly and is yet over 400 pages long reinforces that point), and jumps to even more conclusions than the books that he clearly copied. He even has the audacity to list some of his "sources" in the book itself.

Seems that all it takes now to write a best-seller is: Get all your ideas from books that are already in print (and have been successful), Put in some improbable characters (ideally with "rugged good looks"), finally, cut down on uninformative dialogue by helping the flaccid story along by cramming in as many chases as possible.

Oh, and don't forget, in order to add the professional veneer of a well researched story, show off your knowledge of all the locations in the tale!

If you want to read an utterly fantastic book (that also covers the sort of historical conspiracies and mysteries that are in vogue now) I would suggest Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. Perhaps that's why I loathed the Da Vinci Code so much, since I read Eco's book first. Also, you probably couldn't go wrong with a relatively tratitional, serious history of the Knights Templar by Piers Paul Read.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I hate to slam books but I picked up a copy of The Da Vinci Code, opened it to a page near the end, and found an error...and that was reading just ONE PAGE.

He refers to the Feminine aspect of God as the Shekenah. WRONG!

Shekenah literally means "In the presense of the power of God". In Christianity, JUST MAYBE we can refer to it as taking on the Holy Spirit. However, even the Hebrew who acknowledge a feminine aspect of God, refer to it as Asherah, who incidently, used to be God's wife.

Maybe you don't think this is a big deal, But when you're trying to capture and hold the attention of someone who's at least studied A LITTLE BIT about such things, ya better have all your dung in one sack!

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Toelint]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Shekenah - Shekinah actually is Hebrew and is feminine in nature. There are several references in the Old Testamen to God using Feminie names - such as El Shaddai.

dh

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Shekenah - now that was the true meaning of Shock and Awe, a pumped up blasting assault on Iraq on the Spring Equinox of 2003 lasting just one night, contrary to expectations

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I enjoyed it. There is a movie coming out also. I believe it is starring Tom Hanks (as Langdon) and Ian McKellan (as Teabing.) It might be interesting to read up on the movie.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
im reading Angels and Demons which is the prequal of The Da Vinci Code and its kinda boring i read it for about 3 hours and just stopped and havn't opened it since. i want to keep reading it but it really kinda sucks.

new topics

top topics

join