It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Koran Flushing & Abuse - Newsweek Retracts, Washington Post Digs Deeper

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ah so this is the only Koran desecration thread you've posted in...

Originally posted by Muaddib
yet one rumor makes it to the middle east of the koran possibly being desecrated, and all hell breaks lose.

They actually want the people that supposedly desecrated the Quran to be handed over so that they can be punish according to Sharia law, or Islamic law.

So, now news sources need the go ahead from the government to print all the lies and exageration they do print once in a while?

What I see happening in here is that some people don't think the media can lie by themselves

Like the media does not begin rumors that in many cases are lies and spread lies just to have a story to tell and make millions while lying....

ATSNN: Newsweek May Have Erred In Koran Desecration Report

Was it possible for you to say the words lie or lying any more in that one sentence in relation to Koran desecration at Guantanamo?

Its just a "rumour", "supposedly", "lies", "exageration". I didnt quite get the impression you thought there was any truth behind these allegations.

From a thread you even started yourself on the very same topic.

A group of 300 Muslim clerics are calling for the US government to give up the military personnel who supposedly desecrated the Quran

Again with the "supposedly"

The clerics also declared that if in 3 days those responsible for the supposed desecration are not turned in, they will call for a jihad against the United States.

More "supposedly".

This was all caused by the report from Newsweek that American interrogators were supposedly desecrating the Quran.

More "supposedly".

Even if there is some truth about these allegations

You dont sound too convinced here.

Originally posted by Seekerof
All the US needs to do is to hand over the entire Newsweek liberal staff that edited and put to press the offending non-truth article to those Muslim clerics.

That's what i was thinking Seekeroff.

Newsweek were right, desecration of the Koran occured. You advocated sending them to their deaths here.

I just have to wonder once again...why in the world does the left always keep trying to use any topics to claim their lies and misconceptions, to bash the US and the US administration.... instead of staying on topic?....

Again the Koran desecration was "our lies". I also loved the "instead of staying on topic" line after you posted about a 200+ word essay on Iraq WMDs in a thread you started about Koran desecration

ATS: 300 Muslim Clerics Call For Jihad Against The US in Three Days

Was it safe to assume you held these allegations in little to no regard in respect of their veracity?

[edit on 28/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You are the one confused here Jamuh. If you would have kept up with the conversation, then you would have seen what I meant.

I really am trying to understand what you are arguing over. The only thing I see worth arguing (if in fact someone disagrees) is that the desecration does not come from executive order, which is impossible to accurately assess at this point.

Except for that, what else is the problem here?

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

BTW subz, one more thing....stop changing the truth so that it can fit your agenda.... I never said "who cares if there are only 5 allegations"....

5 confirmed cases?...wow

Sorry if I got the wrong impression and you are serious in your horror and shock that detainees Korans were desecrated.

One more thing subz...Muslims have a right to get violent and cause deaths because of these allegations?....

I assume you are refering to this comment:

Originally posted by subz
the muslims have every right to be pissed off at whats gone on

Sorry dude but that doesnt equate to violence and deaths. Im a pacifist and you wont catch me advocating violence like that, but keep trying.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Have you noticed how everyone in the press and administration is referring to the "Holy Koran"? Forget about the "Holy Bible"--it's against p.c. to call it "holy". I guess Allah didn't personally dictate it.

So what if the book got flushed. It's a book. It's a piece of paper. If some people want to idolize it, that's their problem. We are not going to win the war by capitulating to the enemy's medieval absolutist ideology. And this is an ideological war. Either the Koran is the irrefutable word of the Divine Authority, legitimate for all times and all places or it isn't. Why are we cowtowing?

Why is the press bending over backwards on this issue except to create yet another situation that shows the U.S. as an imperialist materialistic villain stamping on the spiritual values of the poor fundamentalist muslims? Can you imagine the WWII press writing stories of how Nazi-POW's copies of Mein Kampf were being desecrated?

Boy, does the press have its eye on minutiae these days. They couldn't see the big picture if it bit them on the ass.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Ah so this is the only Koran desecration thread you've posted in...
Was it possible for you to say the words lie or lying any more in that one sentence in relation to Koran desecration at Guantanamo?

Its just a "rumour", "supposedly", "lies", "exageration". I didnt quite get the impression you thought there was any truth behind these allegations.

What is your point Subz?...

The media doesn't lie ever according to you now?...

Should we go over some of your old posts and see how many times you have claimed the US media is biased, lied, and was bought off by the U.S. government?....

Or perhaps should we go over some of the stories some media outlets printed and were later found to be lies/false?.....

Newsweek were right, desecration of the Koran occured. You advocated sending them to their deaths here.

Back then it was announced to be based on rumors..even Newsweek claimed it to be so... But, yes, i still hold Newsweek and WP responsible for the violence and death...because even after they knew what their first story did, they decided to try to clean their names without any regards to the consequences of their actions.

Anyways...subz, do you advocate sending to their deaths those soldiers who were involved in this, some of which could have desecrated the koran without realizing it.

Even if some of the guards, or all knew what they were doing, do you advocate sending these people to their deaths?.... Because that's what many Muslims want...

BTW, you did say Muslims had a right to be pissed off, after you were aware that Muslims being pissed off because of books, meant violence and death.

Again the Koran desecration was "our lies". I also loved the "instead of staying on topic" line after you posted about a 200+ word essay on Iraq WMDs in a thread you started about Koran desecration

Did you even read why i posted that information?... because people like yourself keep bringing out your distorted view that there were no wmd programs or any wmd in Iraq.... That's what happened in that thread, someone out of the blue, decided they wanted to spout their dellusions about Iraq....so i gave evidence that clearly states the contrary to what members like yourself claim.

AGAIN, wth are you trying to prove with the above?....

Was it safe to assume you held these allegations in little to no regard in respect of their veracity?

[edit on 28/5/05 by subz]

Again....if you would have noticed, my first responses were before there was any reports of "confirmations."

Second, i still hold my right to think differently from you about this...

There is one report of a Koran being flushed...

What do i think about that one report of a Koran being flushed, or possibly being thrown into a toilet?

1. It is possible one soldier decided to throw a Koran into a toilet for spite.

2. I also believe it is possible a guard put the Koran too close to the toilet and as he searched the room the Koran could have been thrown into the toilet. The prisoner decided to exagerate and say the guard did it on purpose. Yes, it is possible...

3. The prisoner flat out lied.

BTW, do noticed I said, it is very possible this was true and it was the action of one man...or it could have been more than one man who "acted on their own free will."

Again, wth is your point?....

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

5 confirmed cases?...wow

Sorry if I got the wrong impression and you are serious in your horror and shock that detainees Korans were desecrated.

My, my subz... once again trying to change the truth so it can fit your little world?...

Why did you not put the rest of my statement and decided to take it out of context subz?....

Let's actually see the entire paragraph subz...instead of your distorted view of what i said...

5 confirmed cases?...wow, yep, it sure proves it is a government conspiracy now huh? i guess it couldn't have been that some of these individuals acted on their own...

Of course, according to you I didn't respond in that manner because Masked decided to claim that those 5 cases meant there was a government conspiracy....

Nice try subz...

Sorry dude but that doesnt equate to violence and deaths. Im a pacifist and you wont catch me advocating violence like that, but keep trying.

You did not say you condone the violence and death which this article by Newsweek brought, you said quite clearly that Muslims had a right to be pissed off, after you knew what many Muslims did because of this report.

and, you are a pacifist subz?.....
riiight.... whatever "dude." I think you are the only one who believes that.

Like you haven't said that you would kill anyone threatening your family, even after you posted your opinion that anyone that has a gun is a coward, among some of the other things you have written, such as you would like to see the overthrowing of what you call a tyranical government.

[edit on 30-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Even if some of the guards, or all knew what they were doing, do you advocate sending these people to their deaths?.... Because that's what many Muslims want...

No, they should not be handed over. Desecrating the Koran is not a crime outside of muslim counties.

and, you are a pacifist subz?..... riiight.... whatever "dude." I think you are the only one who believes that.

Like you haven't said that you would kill anyone threatening your family, even after you posted your opinion that anyone that has a gun is a coward, among some of the other things you have written, such as you would like to see the overthrowing of what you call a tyranical government.

Yes im a pacifist, that doesnt mean I'd sit back idly if some one was threatening the life of my family or any one else. Do you even know what a pacifist is? I dont want to show you to be ignorant once more but since you brought it up...

Pacifist
1. The belief that disputes between nations should and can be settled peacefully.
1. Opposition to war or violence as a means of resolving disputes.
2. Such opposition demonstrated by refusal to participate in military action.

I dont ever advocate violent confronation between countries, I do how ever believe in a persons right to stop someone commiting a violent crime.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join