It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constituents Quorum - No Candidates Please! (okay candidates too)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In anticipation of many, many unscheduled chat debates, please submit your questions for the ATS/BTS/PTS candidates. Please specify issue, question and potential follow ups.

Such as...

Issue #1

Sneakiness:

How sneaky are you?

Could you be sneakier if asked? Less sneaky? What if we asked you to be less sneaky but our eyes said more sneaky?

Do your part. Get involved today!!!

[edit on 26-5-2005 by RANT]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

How sneaky are you?

Sneaky enough to sneak up on a sneak....

Could you be sneakier if asked?

I'd turn the lights out...

Less sneaky?

sneaky is good..no sneaky is bad

What if we asked you to be less sneaky but our eyes said more sneaky?

Poke your eyes out...

*bows*

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
And your question to trip up your opponents?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
And your question to trip up your opponents?

picture the most horrible of events...ATS chat goes down...riots break out over the boards, militant mods try to seize power, and I'm not here to calm things down
...what do you do?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Can Be sneaky. HA HA HA, I put the sneak in sneaky.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Can Be sneaky. HA HA HA, I put the sneak in sneaky.

Hey SpittinCobra, don't you mean...

Can Be snakey. HA HA HA, I put the snake in snakey.

Sanc'.

J/K

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
LOL, Thats right thats what I ment.LOL

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I do what it takes to get the job done, always have always will.
Hell I had a sneaky suspicion that you would change your title to allow candidates to post in your thread
So I waited isn’t that sneaky?

cast your vote here, sorry no paper trail

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
when being sneaky fails, I get stabby.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A better question may be....

"If elected, what are you bringing to the table as a representative in your respected council area?"

Or...

"Do you have any plans to improve the council area you represent?"

P.S. Vote members, not mods!

Paid for by the MOFOS party. (Mod Overlords For Online Supremecy)

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"If elected, what are you bringing to the table as a representative in your respected council area?"

The views of the people, giving voice to their ideas and opinions.

I see the key to making the BTS council seat succeed is to be exactly what it should be: a represenative of the members and not just my own thoughts.
I don't want radical change from BTS, I see the current system as working, but I would fully support actions to keep BTS as the relax zone of ATS, cutting the arguements down to a minimum and generally making BTS the calm place it should be.

Vote UK Wizard, Voice of the People

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Weak Sneak

Issue #1
Sneakiness:
How sneaky are you?

I would like to think I can be more devious, but well, the feedback isn't encouraging. I'm not all that good about being subtle or keeping my intentions secret.

As my ex-wife so aptly put it: “If you were a stripper, you'd come out naked.”

So I don't think that would be a strong trait for me to campaign on.

Instead, I figure I will emphasize my opposition to nuclear fishing, and the need for a dramatic reduction in the gratuitous use of apostrophes for possessive nouns.

It's = contraction of “it is”
Its = belongs to “it”

Sneak Attract

Could you be sneakier if asked? Less sneaky? What if we asked you to be less sneaky but our eyes said more sneaky?

Probably not. See above.

The Itchy And Stabby Show

Originally posted by Lysergic
when being sneaky fails, I get stabby.

Pulling a blade in de_dust, are we?

Dude, you are so deagled.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

How sneaky are you?

(Sneaky ninja removes image from RANT's previous posts to make you forget that you used this image before.
)

/smokebomb

Sneaky of the sneakiest. Less sneaky if need be, based on polling results regarding recent sneaky activity.

A ninja has powerful insights, especially when reading the eyes of non-ninjas. This can be done without the non-ninja being aware their eyes are being watched and interpreted. Sayiing one thing but wanting another is no problem for ninja.

/kick

[edit on 27-5-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Brass Tax

A better question may be....

Aside from my distinctive wit and charm, I can offer my trademark ability to belt out incredible volumes of prose over short periods.

Perfect for those endless filibusters we'll undoubtedly see scads of.

On a more serious note, what I will actually bring is an open mind and a desire to make sure councilors really represent members, instead of turning into an elitist clique.

If councilors don't focus on what their fellow members really want, I think they will have already failed before even getting started.

That means a lot of listening, polling as needed, prodding when there's silence, and what looks like a hell of a lot of work organizing and operating the council in a way that will make it effective and worthwhile.

Slipped DISC

The answer is yes, but... this is probably my biggest shortcoming at this time.

I'm shooting for DISC Councilor, and am not a member of DISC. That can be either bad or good.

The bad part is that I would have a lot of catching up to do once I did gain DISC access -- assuming that would even happen (I would hope so!).

The good part is that I would come in fresh. With a rational balance of tempered enthusiasm combined with some quick homework on what's been going on behind the curtain, I may be able to inspire DISC to take a fresh look at old problems.

Write The Good Fight

As DISC Councilor, I would also be responsible for the Debate and Collaborative Fiction forums. I would seek to get an assistant for each one, who would focus on those forums.

It's kind of silly, but I've been preserving my status as a plain “Member” and avoided titles. I liked being “just a member”, because I think in many ways that “just plain member” is a badge of honor in itself.

I'm seeing things differently now that I'm exploring the specialty forums. Regardless of how the election goes, I think I'll likely go for both “Fighter” and “Writer”, and take advantage of what the respective forums have to offer.

Having browsed them as part of my homework for the councilor position, I think I've been cheating myself out of some serious fun.

Pen And Sword

Debates are somewhat dormant now (since March, at the time of this writing), and I would want to see what we can do to liven things up there and encourage more debates. I would like to see us allow for more active spectator roles, such as commentary threads closely associated with each debate topic. We would want to keep the debate threads clean, of course, but I think parallel comment threads open to all members would spice things up and drum up more interest in the debates themselves.

Collaborative Fiction is looking pretty good, but we may want to loosen things up just a tad and encourage a wider range of creative contributions -- while still keeping trolls at bay, of course. This already seems to be the de facto case in that forum, so we may want to formalize it and encourage new contributions from people who might feel unsure of themselves. I think there should be no doubt that CF welcomes honest and heartfelt writing from all members who are willing to go for it and take a chance on sharing the fruits of their muse with ATS.

In both cases, these initiatives and others would be worked out in close consultation with the active contributors and moderators for each forum, primarily through my assistants, who would be the “old hands” who “know the ropes” and unique issues associated with each.

There's a lot more, but you get the idea.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think ATS runs very well as it is and would not try or want to change anything. If I were to make the grade and be elected I would first go about learning what the perimeters of a Counsel member are.
From there I would hang out my shingle and work with any members who believe they have a problem or just looking for information. To help any Moderators or staff if or when asked, If need be take it to DISC for further discussion to see if it can be resolved to the satisfaction of the member / staff or the community.
To keep ATS polished and shinny, throw in a slap down if need be. Bottom line; help to keep ATS running smoothly for the betterment of the community at large. I’m an open-minded alpha male I don’t run with the mob. I try to gather as much information that I can before I make a decision, I rarely shoot from the hip, but when I do I don’t miss. If you want a Counsel member that is not afraid to stand against the machine , you can vote with confidence for me.
Sauron

new topics

top topics

join