It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Weapon Effects Calculator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This interactive tool illustrates the devastating effects of a nuclear weapon detonation in selected U.S. cities. The size of the weapon and the height at which it is detonated are the two main factors which affect the range of destruction. The size of the bomb can be chosen by selecting the weapon's yield, as measured in kilotons (KT) or megatons (MT) of TNT equivalent. There is also the option of having the bomb delivered using an automobile at ground level or using an aircraft flying at an altitude which produces the widest area of destruction.

Nuclear Weapon Effects Calculator

zero lift

[edit on 25-5-2005 by zero lift]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I wanted to see the nukes man, but it said something about downloading a java application though. I'm scared of Java Applications. Is it worth it?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yeah, it would of been a lot more exciting if you could see the nukes annihilate everything
. I have the same question as the previous poster, is the Java application worth it?

Omniscient.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
the Java application is the actual java program need to run it.

Some people dont have installed on thier machines.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Java applet isn't going to hurt you. This isn't the only site using Java. Its interesting to see the width of the effect from a blast. I would imagine that any nuclear detonation by terrorists would be less than 50 Kilotons. How else would they be able to hide something larger and keep it mobile?

top topics

join