It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran In Nuclear Arms Pledge.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Iran has renewed their pledge to Europe that it will not seek to develop nuclear weapons. UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said, "The Europeans will give Iran detailed proposals on implementing the 'Paris Deal' on suspending enrichment".

news.bbc.co.uk
Chief Iranian negotiator Hasan Rohani said an agreement could be reached "within a reasonably short time". But a decision would be taken in Tehran.

Europe has threatened to refer Iran to the UN Security Council - and possible sanctions - if it resumes uranium enrichment.

The EU has until now employed a more conciliatory approach, offering economic and political incentives to keep enrichment activities frozen in line with the Paris deal struck in November.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Are Iran telling the truth here or just trying to lie to the world?

I believe Iran is actively seeking nuclear weapons and will only stop if the US or Israel intervene and destroy their facilities.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yet another attempt at trying to gain nukes. I know that nuclear power is a great thing, but I think that the lure of nuclear weapons is too great for any person in goverment to refuse. I don't want war with them, but I don't trust Iran on saying they only want it for peaceful purposes. Then again nuclear weapons can be peaceful, it's the whole MAD deterant concept. But I suppose it's all how you interpret the statements. Nontheless I don't trust them.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Every coutry that has said they wanted nuclear technology for peaceful purposes have acquire nuclear weapons. Having a extremist Islamic country with nukes, which have time and again swore to destroy the US and Israel, is a very bad idea.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Iran has renewed their pledge to Europe that it will not seek to develop nuclear weapons.

Yeah right and anyone that believes that crock needs their head examined.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Classic stalling tactics yet again. The EU won't even be sending Iran their next "request" until the end of July or start of August. Then Iran will say "well, we might....we'll think about it....we'll have some more talks in a couple of months" and so on and so on. Until one day "hey don't bother - we have nukes now. Thanks for your time..."

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They are flat out liars, just as they were about the murder of the Canadian Journalist Kazemi. Just another ploy to keep us off their case while they complete the development of the nuclear device.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry couldnt resist proving Muaddib wrong again.

Originally posted by Muaddib
Every coutry that has said they wanted nuclear technology for peaceful purposes have acquire nuclear weapons.

Taiwan (3 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
South Korea (1 Nuclear Plant) - No nukes
Finland (2 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Sweden (2 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Germany (12 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Japan (5 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Switzerland (3 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Netherlands (2 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Belguim (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Brazil (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Argentina (2 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
South Africa (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Slovenia (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Mexico (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Canada (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Slovakia (2 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Romania (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Czech Republic (2 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Bulgaria (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Hungary (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Ukraine (4 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes
Lithuania (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes
Spain (7 Nuclear Power Plants) - No nukes

Power Plants Around the World (would of used the IAEA website but its down...)

Hmm could it be that because Iran kicked out the America puppet Shah in the 1970's that Americans harbour a grudge? After all, do all these countries want nuclear weapons as well?????

[edit on 26/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Its really starting to annoy me that people are not voting for ATSNN submissions!

At present this submission has had 56 views, and yet it still hasnt recieved either 15 to upgrade it or 10 (i think) to stop it being upgraded!

I dont really mind if this submission is voted up or down because its for the rest of you to decide wether its good enough, i just dont want to see it floating around the new posts page for the next few days without being upgraded or binned!!!!!

Mic

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Mickey, it's true, people are voting less now. I only need 5 for upgrade now since I'm an expert but I've needed more views to get that lower level on occasion. Don't dispair, it might just take some time.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not if the story has already been posted it wont. I posted the same story about 24 hours ago.

[edit on 26/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Not if the story has already been posted it wont. I posted the same story about 24 hours ago.

Yes i understand and im sorry for the repeat, but it should have been voted NO by now!

Theres loads of submissions floating around the board with 100's of views yet they still havent been voted on!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, I guess its a good thing they backed down and have pledged not to restart, a little fear struck in the right place, iran.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Trust but verify right?

Iran says that they're giving into the pressure. All well and good, heck, they might've decided that havigna nuke isn't going to help them in the long run, I mean, they're not idiots. But now the whole thing can't go forward unless there is an inspection process. Recall what happened with North Korea. They agreed to not research nukes in exchange for food to stop a famine. They took the food, and developed nukes anyway. A really vigourous, and completely unattached to the US, inspection programme needs to be worked up. Europe mucked up, big time, on iraq, but on iran, they might be able to use their 'legitimacy' to get a really intrusive inspection programme into place (one that the US wouldn't be able to get iran to agree to).

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originaly posted by subz
Sorry couldnt resist proving Muaddib wrong again.
Canada (1 Nuclear Power Plant) - No nukes

uh subz if you want to torment someone you might want to get your facts straight. canada has more than 1 reactor in ontario alone. there are at least 17 reactors in canada. all of them are candu reactors.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by drogo]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
drogo, if that is the case then I admit the mistake but it hardly detracts from the point I was making. All these countries have nuclear power plants and no desire to have nuclear weapons. Why should Iran be prevented from having nuclear power plants? They are allowed under the NPT.

Nygdan, the Iranians do allow intrusive inspections and the Europeans dont need to do it. The IAEA is tasked with this responsibility under the NPT and they have had unfettered access to the Iranians nuclear program and found NO evidence that backs up the Americans assertion that they are aiming for nuclear weapons.

I ask, where is the United States governments proof that the Iranians are going for nuclear weapons?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Go Mickey, Its an Upgrade!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Cant say that im suprised. After all the news article I posted 5 hours before yours was contradicting the Americans.

The American right has a major presence on this board and the voting reflects it. Too bad that this censorship occurs.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
The American right has a major presence on this board and the voting reflects it. Too bad that this censorship occurs.

Very true!

top topics

join