It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Withdrawl from the election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
After reviewing the list of candidates foir PTS I have decided to withdraw from the race. My candidacy is likely some kind of practical joke played by a couple of mods anyway, but I would like to throw whatever weight I have behind Bout Time.
I've clashed with him before but he's an intelligent guy and a good pick. I was reading the list and having nightmares about one or two of those candidates being elected.
For obvious reasons there is no candidate who I trust to be objective as much as I trust myself, but there are a few in there who I KNOW will not be objective or necessarily even need intelligent support for the positions they back. For this reason, I'm simply asking the 3 or 4 of you who might have voted for me to vote for someone who I know have a decent head on his shoulders.

Best of luck to all candidates. Special thanks to Valhall, who set the example for those of us who have values beyond our own personal glory.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You're pulling out as well? God dam, that TWO people I voted for that have withdrawn. Two votes wasted. SO Should have asked before he place the names on the Primaries, this is just gonna confuse things a bit.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm greatly honored to have had a vote besides my own.

I just felt that since I am by no means a hard-liner these days on either side of the line that all I could hope to do was split the moderate vote and benefit certain people who, although I honestly meant them no personal insult (and have no taken their name out of my sig) I just do not feel would be the best rep for PTS.

On the bright side, I'll always have a big mouth, so if a moderate gets elected you an bet that if I ever have an idea that makes me wish I was on the council, I'll forward it for his consideration.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Boy, decisions, decisions

Where are the chads when you need them?

*edit

This is the real you, right?

After the other withdrawl I have to ask.

Someone could be using their kids account- I know you think that's a stretch, but I've as much posted!

[edit on 25-5-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
This is the real you, right?

There is only one Vagabond, accept no substitutes. Yes it was the real me. Er, well, actually there are two vagabonds, but i haven't used The Vagabond2 since that one day when my password wasn't working for some reason.
[edit on 25-5-2005 by JoeDoaks]

As for "decisions, decisions", I don't see what the drama is about. A few people (I'm guessing 3 or 4) nominated me without asking. At first it seemed kind of cool to get the recognition but after a few minutes I realized that with my work schedule I would be a let down, so I backed somebody smart who doesn't disgust me. Everybody has to make decisions every day. Of course not that I'm a political figure I guess I just have to get used to having all of mine second-guessed lol. This will look great on my resume when the time comes to run for congress- I swear I won't bow out then. rofl

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

as posted by The Vagabond
... My candidacy is likely some kind of practical joke played by a couple of mods anyway...

IMHO, Find it ironic that you would take something that the ATS community voted on and turn it into a "joke played by a few mods" scenerio.
I would have expected a whole lot more from you, The Vagabond.

Question:
Who here are you really disrespecting or not giving enough credit too: those in the ATS community that did vote for you, those "few mods", or in the end, yourself?

seekerof

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Remember folks, this is just the primaries... No votes were "thrown away"...the real vote is yet to come...

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by The Vagabond
... My candidacy is likely some kind of practical joke played by a couple of mods anyway...

IMHO, Find it ironic that you would take something that the ATS community voted on and turn it into a "joke played by a few mods" scenerio.
I would have expected a whole lot more from you, The Vagabond.

I am well aware that the community made the nominations. The intent of this light hearted comment was to suggest that nobody would have really nominated me. I certainly appreciate those who did and I'm glad they appreciate my contributions, but since 1. I don't think I can win. 2. I wouldn't have the time to do my best for the community. 3. I know that I have plenty of people around here who aren't so crazy about me to match my fans - I thought I'd keep it humble, bow out, and mention somebody else who I thought was bright enough to do the job.

Question:
Who here are you really disrespecting or not giving enough credit too: those in the ATS community that did vote for you, those "few mods", or in the end, yourself?

No disrespect intended to anyone actually. My comment was not meant to be taken seriously.
I've generally tried to be respectful to mods- when asked to change something I do- I've never forced them to warn me.
The members who voted for me, will hopefully understand from having seen the threads I participate in that I shy away from being 100% serious, especially about myself, and hopefully there will be another nominee who they feel they can count on.
As for myself- well this invites a needlessly complex introspective rant, so I'll just say that I'm alright.

Thanks for the reply- I certainly hope that neither you or anyone else was too offended by my post, which was meant to be lighthearted.

join