It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We CAN make a difference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I begin to wonder if there should be a simple and vigilant movement towards gaining evidence and public awareness towards the UFO Phenomena. We have the power in our hands to make a difference here and it is down to us, and us only to make that difference.

I think that as a community, that has been hubbed together here at AboveTopSecret forums we should begin an organised process of skywatching. We all have Digital Cameras, some of us have Video Cameras and our community spans the globe. Between us im pretty sure we could cover a large proportion of our skies. I know there are people out there who are so enthusiastic about this subject and so passionate about it that surley we could give up a tiny amount of our time each week to cover an area of our sky.

The plan would be simple enough. We set up a scheme where by people register to the cause, whatever name it might be. And they are given a time of the week with which to watch their skies. They then simpley sit this time out, with their friends or whoever and be vigilant. Areas which are deemed more active than others can be monitored more closley by our community in the hope of gaining better evidence. As the popularity of the scheme grows we can cover more and more of our sky. All the evidence comes back to the community, directly, so as to keep the trigger happy conspiracy theorists at ease as to who controls all the evidence.

The scheme could then even have a direct report area, whereby if something is spotted it can immediatley be reported and more people in the area can be alerted.

If we pool together our effort, our resources and our enthusiasm we can get results. In a few months we could have every day of the week being watched by vigilant reporters. Whats there to say we can't do it? Its down to us to gain this evidence and its time we all stepped forward into an active role in the area of UFO research.

What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree with your idea, it would be excellent if the members of ATS to join together and try to construct a larger influence on UFOs and aliens. I think that the reason people don't do this is because they are afraid of not being taking seriously and made into a joke like some UFOlogists are by most people today. I think, however, with a group as large as ATS, it could be quite possible to make an influence.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Omniscient, you raise a good point. People researching or showing interest in UFOology are often mocked or made to look foolish. However it has often been the downfall of many reaeach groups that they makeoutlandish claims or hold presumptions on the evidence given to them before they even get it. To be taken seriously we must rid ourselves of these presumtions and take each case objectivley. We must openly admit that what we are filming is UNIDENTIFIED, and that one explanation could well be extra terrestrial, but this tag need only be applied to Objects that make erratic or unconventional flights of path which defy modern technology.

People, journalists, writers, skeptics and the government can argue nothing against evidence, but only against explanation. Until we have a conclusive explanation we should leave that to the viewer.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil0s0pher
I begin to wonder if there should be a simple and vigilant movement towards gaining evidence and public awareness towards the UFO Phenomena. We have the power in our hands to make a difference here and it is down to us, and us only to make that difference.

That is great. People have the chance to film UFOs AND secret government project crafts, too. But who will tell me that a tiny spot on my film IS an alien craft?!

I think that as a community, that has been hubbed together here at AboveTopSecret forums we should begin an organised process of skywatching. We all have Digital Cameras, some of us have Video Cameras and our community spans the globe. Between us im pretty sure we could cover a large proportion of our skies. I know there are people out there who are so enthusiastic about this subject and so passionate about it that surley we could give up a tiny amount of our time each week to cover an area of our sky.

I think, ATS is not organized enough to start an organized skywatch. However, I certainly believe that any spectecular, undenyable event affecting a dominant ATSer (eg mod, supermod, admin) personally, would draw a chain reaction to every member bringing courage and interest to skywatch. Any ideas?

The plan would be simple enough. We set up a scheme where by people register to the cause, whatever name it might be. And they are given a time of the week with which to watch their skies. They then simpley sit this time out, with their friends or whoever and be vigilant. Areas which are deemed more active than others can be monitored more closley by our community in the hope of gaining better evidence. As the popularity of the scheme grows we can cover more and more of our sky. All the evidence comes back to the community, directly, so as to keep the trigger happy conspiracy theorists at ease as to who controls all the evidence.

Nobody will sit through any time to watch the skies, but many people can set up a continous (web)camera, etc. Also, that UFO must come close enough to hold exact proof that it's not a bird, not a plane or a dust. Many pictures examined by experts prove that alien crafts were recorded , but the public simply cannot believe that. So that picture must show a clear, big, slow moving UFO!!!

The scheme could then even have a direct report area, whereby if something is spotted it can immediatley be reported and more people in the area can be alerted.

If we pool together our effort, our resources and our enthusiasm we can get results. In a few months we could have every day of the week being watched by vigilant reporters. Whats there to say we can't do it? Its down to us to gain this evidence and its time we all stepped forward into an active role in the area of UFO research.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are the following. Every single undenyable incident can bring us forward to hardcore skywatching, but as long as members come up with tiny spots of nothing on their photos, nobody will take his valueable time watching the skies!!!

What do you think?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That is great. People have the chance to film UFOs AND secret government project crafts, too. But who will tell me that a tiny spot on my film IS an alien craft?!

Who's claiming that these are alien craft, you are one step ahead already. No-one will tell you its an alien craft, thats just what you want to hear. And if somebody did you tell you this, which many people have, would you believe it? If you're searching for official disclosure it wont be coming until it comes.

think, ATS is not organized enough to start an organized skywatch. However, I certainly believe that any spectecular, undenyable event affecting a dominant ATSer (eg mod, supermod, admin) personally, would draw a chain reaction to every member bringing courage and interest to skywatch. Any ideas?

We can get organised, thats the point. At the minute we aren't. So do you just want to wait until an "alien craft" lands on over the champions league final before you start skywatching? What would the point be then?

Nobody will sit through any time to watch the skies, but many people can set up a continous (web)camera, etc. Also, that UFO must come close enough to hold exact proof that it's not a bird, not a plane or a dust. Many pictures examined by experts prove that alien crafts were recorded , but the public simply cannot believe that. So that picture must show a clear, big, slow moving UFO!!!

Are you saying that theres no-one out there willing to give an hour or 2 of their time to their cause? And further more i believe you are missing the point, we wouldnt be looking for Proof, no-one can do that, only the powers that be. The evidence gained would be better than average however as we would be prepared for such an event to occur, so the video quality would be better, better pictures etc.

My thoughts are the following. Every single undenyable incident can bring us forward to hardcore skywatching, but as long as members come up with tiny spots of nothing on their photos, nobody will take his valueable time watching the skies!!!

what is an undenyable incident? Who are you to say what people will and wont do with their time? if there was an undenyable incident there would be no point trying to gain evidence surley?

Edit (quote error)

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Phil0s0pher]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil0s0pher
Who's claiming that these are alien craft, you are one step ahead already. No-one will tell you its an alien craft, thats just what you want to hear. And if somebody did you tell you this, which many people have, would you believe it? If you're searching for official disclosure it wont be coming until it comes.

Nobody is interested in stealthcrafts, helicopters or weatherballoons! We (ATSers) are interested in alien crafts... with no wings, zigzaging and circling around the skies, drawing cropcirsles and flashing in colours!! Seeing and recording an alien craft is way enough to start a great skywatch for all ATSers!! No need for all the offiacal lies.

We can get organised, thats the point. At the minute we aren't. So do you just want to wait until an "alien craft" lands on over the champions league final before you start skywatching? What would the point be then?

Well, the incident over the burial of II John Paul Pope was enough for me, but what I really mean? The abduction of an ATS leader (with a vidcamera in his hands) would be fine for me.

Are you saying that theres no-one out there willing to give an hour or 2 of their time to their cause? And further more i believe you are missing the point, we wouldnt be looking for Proof, no-one can do that, only the powers that be. The evidence gained would be better than average however as we would be prepared for such an event to occur, so the video quality would be better, better pictures etc.

Yes. Nobody would sit through any minute searching for UFOs. That's the way ppl are thinking, there is no reason to alter that. Proof or evidence, may mean nothing. A hi-res photo of a real alien craft over an admin's home would do the job. Also, the abduction of a supermod would be fine as stated above.

what is an undenyable incident? Who are you to say what people will and wont do with their time? if there was an undenyable incident there would be no point trying to gain evidence surley?

Who am I?! An average human being, who can think the way other humans do. Think about this: If an alien craft would keep hovering near my home, I would take my hires videocamera and post the footage here on ATS. Also, those aliens may sometime come again and again.

Do you realize that this would be a perfect start for the skywatch?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I actually started an org a few years back called "the ultimate skywatchers", now a seti-group . i hoped that the org would eventually become worldwide, but no such luck. it was at the most 2 people, me and a friend of mine. so i heartly agree that if we were enough people organized, we would make a lot of difference than we do one by one.
i believe i failed because i didn't advertice, and worked enough on the project. so if there will be a joint effort in this case, then count me in

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The only fret that I have, is that, even if we joined together as a group of many, many people, I'm sure that our government, and others that didn't want the public to know about these kind of hidden things, would find ways to discredit and make a mockery out of every single one of us.

However, I think if another event like Roswell were too happen, perhaps caught on television this time, and not handed over to the government before they called the media, then we would have a much more influential effect.

My Thoughts.

top topics

join