It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush vows stem-cell veto.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I never really understood why people could be so dead against stem cell research to me it seems to be small mildness’ and at worse they want to see people suffer.

Just because not everyone concurs with stem cell research does not make us small minded. As humans we have the right to our perspectives. No one wants to see people suffer from anything but not everything in life is easy nor does the end always justify the means. Be careful not to catagorize people so quickly. There are different levels to this debate and vary different reasons for persons to take one side or another.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
A strong case can be made that President Bush and his cartel, I mean administration, do not care whatsoever about life and the culture of..

He took this nation to war based on a wagon of lies (WMD). This culture of life speak is pure lip service. BushCo. believes in one thing: The Bottom Line.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is a web site(bookmark): www.gen.cam.ac.uk...

It lists the 7 deadly things that keep you from living forever(stem cells = "too few" on this list).

Soon w/ micro and nano labs you will be able to do allot of the work to maintain everlasting health(life) at home.

This will only happen if the religious right(fascists) and the Bush crony/ big medical/pharma gangsters relent and allow it to happen.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
One thing I find fascinating about the Old Testament is that (back in the beginning.. think: Noah), men lived hundreds of years. Over time that changed dramatically, of course. I accept the bible as the literal word of God (ECK raises shield for incoming flaming arrows), so it is a legitimate curiosity to me. Why were man's years cut so short in these latter ages?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just look at the world population.

It's got to be too much sex.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Just look at the world population.

It's got to be too much sex.

Having too much sex is killing us off?

I think it is medically unhealthy to sleep around. I offer this: seems like women and men who have sex with multiple partners suffer more bouts of infections and diseases.

That theory could hold up.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
Just because not everyone concurs with stem cell research does not make us small minded.

Yes, actually it does. Christian Scientists have a right to their perspective too, but that doesn't mean diabetics should give up their insulin for hot doses of the Jesus juice. I don't like suffering animals either, but experimenting on them means curing cancer, then I'll manage to cope with the pain, and somehow get through the night.

It's a pretty simple debate, for or against. I'm for prolonging my life as long as humanly possible. If that means experimenting on microscopic cellular globs to ensure that a wife or a son can survive for 5 minutes more, than only a fool would say no.

As humans we have the right to our perspectives. No one wants to see people suffer from anything but not everything in life is easy nor does the end always justify the means. Be careful not to catagorize people so quickly. There are different levels to this debate and vary different reasons for persons to take one side or another.

You see, I don't name lobsters before I eat'em. And, if somebody wants to attach religious significance to a mass of cells, than I encourage them to take a back seat and pray for divine intervention. Maybe the heavenly choir of warrior angels will come down and cure your neighbors kid Lukemia.

Me? My money is on Harvard.

But, as in all things distinctly American, a personal choice not to do something also means denying everyone else the right to make their own decision for themselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
One thing that infuriates me are religions who won't allow blood transfusions and things like that. (That is OLD TESTAMENT, applicable to the Jews of THAT day!
)

God gave man brains and talents. I believe, as a Christian, it is God's desire for each and every one of us to use those gifts he gave us to the fullest. Look at what we have discovered and created! It's amazing. If God gives a particular person or groups the ability to unlock the secrets that can restore a person to full health - should we not pursue that? To me, matter in a petrie dish is not living flesh.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Senate majority leader breaks with Bush on issue.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist on Friday threw his support behind House-passed legislation to expand federal financing for human embryonic stem cell research, breaking with President Bush and religious conservatives in a move that could impact his prospects for seeking the White House in 2008.

"It's not just a matter of faith, it's a matter of science," Frist, R-Tennessee, said on the floor of the Senate.

Frist's announcement immediately dented his support among Christian conservatives but won lavish praise from former first lady Nancy Reagan, who said it "has the potential to alleviate so much suffering." Her husband, the late former President Ronald Reagan, had Alzheimer's disease.

At the White House, press secretary Scott McClellan said Frist had given Bush advance notice of his announcement. "The president said, 'You've got to vote your conscience,"' McClellan said.

"The president's made his position clear," the spokesman said when asked if Bush stands by his threat to veto a pending bill that would liberalize federal support for stem cell research.

"There is a principle involved here from the president's standpoint when it comes to issues of life," McClellan said.

Full Article

I take my hat off to Sen. Bill Frist.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
People are dying out there in Afganistan and Iraq and everywhere doesn't Bush understand that?

Every poster on this thread and board will die if we don't do the research to allieviate death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join