It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from General Patton's ghost-WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

That was a terrible disaster. I do agree that the world turned rathe quickly to us for help, and the attitude was definatly not warranted.

Everyone forgot the war and was like "hello? where's the money?" That was kind of funny to see.

Australia provided more aid than the US. We also lost 7 crew in a tragic helicopter accident. Who is this "Everyone"?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KidfingerGet over yourself Ed. You are not worth my time. We have been through this before and you still refuse to even think with one ounce or iota of reason or logic. Please put me on your ignore list. I would be honored....

You could not be so lucky. Your posts speak for themselves and how you approach the world. Even ol edsinger needs a good laugh once in a while. To hear you served under Daddy Bush somewhat makes me understand. He didn't finish the job the first time but that was the UN mandate.

I had VERY close friends serve in Gulf War I, and every one of them to this day thought it was the right thing to do, as do they now. They understand why we had to go back.

The UN is # and Saddam was not honoring what he signed that Feb in 1991 and you know it. He WAS a threat.

I served under Reagan, not that Bush was bad, but Reagan was better in my opinion. One thing about daddy Bush and I am afraid his son is the same way is he will compromise his principles. I don't like that so I am not as big a Bushie as you think.

Originally posted by devilwaspWhat do you sugest then ed?Just keep invadeing random countries?

Believe me it wasnt random.

Originally posted by devilwaspInvade iran next?

Why there is no need as was Iraq.

Originally posted by devilwaspInvade pakistan?

U nuts? What the hell for? If they get out of line, they starve to death. Plus they have at least been a member of the world community for a good while now. I have respect for them, unlike some other Middle East nations. Pakistanis at least show humility. (some at least)

Originally posted by devilwaspHell might as well give korea another bash since we didnt finish it the last time, eh? How about that?

Well you may get your wish but I doubt it. See my response to that particular one on the Korean thread.

It goes something like this - AIR POWER...

Originally posted by Kidfinger They will always know in the back of there heads that if one nuke ever goes off on American soil, the country responsible would be obliterated.

No you Tulipwalkers will say that the US deserved it and that Bush planned it and its a UFO driven conspiracy to uncover jimmy haffa in the Bermuda Triangle with Bigfoot watching the channelers save us from Global warming.

Originally posted by KidfingerI will retract nothing because it is the truth. You dont really want me to go through these pages on ATS and find how many times a republican has said that Liberals hate America. Trust me. I have been dealing with this since I joined ATS almost a year ago.

Just so I am clear. I am no Republican.

YOU LIBERALS HATE AMERICA

You want me to go back and show you how much you love your nation? How you long to see them loose this war?

That comment makes me sick and I am not a damn bit bashful about saying it.

Tulipwalkers HATE their OWN nation.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by edsinger]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Believe me it wasnt random.

Really?
Then why did it happen, it sure didnt happen for our safety.
He had no WMD's, he was not a threat.

Why there is no need as was Iraq.

Oh so all this "Iran has nukes!!!" cry from america is what?......

U nuts? What the hell for? If they get out of line, they starve to death. Plus they have at least been a member of the world community for a good while now. I have respect for them, unlike some other Middle East nations. Pakistanis at least show humility. (some at least)

I love the wording "get out of line"......

Well you may get your wish but I doubt it. See my response to that particular one on the Korean thread.

It goes something like this - AIR POWER...

Air power doesnt win a war.

No you Tulipwalkers will say that the US deserved it and that Bush planned it and its a UFO driven conspiracy to uncover jimmy haffa in the Bermuda Triangle with Bigfoot watching the channelers save us from Global warming.

Really?
You now believe in telepathy ed?

No thats your opinion.

You want me to go back and show you how much you love your nation? How you long to see them loose this war?

Long to see them lose this war?
We HATE the war!
Its killing our own people for gods sake!

[edit on 26-5-2005 by edsinger]

The very fact you label someone speaks novels about yourself....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Okay, first off I have only just finished reading through all of this thread so have a pretty good idea of what everyone has said. I can see both sides of the argument and I dont really think that I fall into either side of the two 'camps' that seem to have evolved. I agree that we cant just sit on our arses and do nothing, but then I also dont agree that we should adopt the 'first or pre-emptive strike' approach

Two posts did stand out though

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Here is another tough SOB I like....

He led alot of deep bomber strikes into Nazi Germany and He commanded SAC for 9 years. Under his leadership plans were laid for the development and integration of America's current (ICBM) capability. We need more cigar-chomping SOB's like this to win our war.

I wonder if their extinct like the Dinosaurs? I sure hope not, we're not gonna win this war with PC Generals who are afraid of a bad write-up in the New York Times.

Maximu§
[edit on 123131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

But in the same thread you posted this

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Its not about Emotion, its about survival. I want my kids and Grandkids to live the American Dream...better than I had. Now if American cities start going up in smoke like Manhattan NY, well WTF do you think is gonna happen to that dream?

Now I am not going to question LeMay's heroism and leadership skills, he truly was an icon, but I will draw your attention to the Cuban Missile Crisis. I recently saw for the first time the Docu film on Robert McNamara 'the fog of war' and was struck by his description of how close we came to Armageddon. It was LeMay's gung ho attitude, backed up with the faulty and flawed information from the intelligence services which took us to within a hairs breadth of nuclear destruction. Your existence on this planet and your wish that your kids can live the American dream was directly threatened by the same kind of 'win at all costs' attitude that you admired so much in this man.

See www.errolmorris.com...

For a description of the events.

I dont wanna get flamed massively, just pointing out the slight inconsistency. Cheers

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Just so I am clear. I am no Republican.

I was going to let this go but Ed you are an egotistical little coward who would rather everyone fight for youu so you dont have to. You NEVER served during war time and YOU NEVER SAW A WAR! I FOUGHT FOR MY COUNTRY WHILE YOU JUST SHINED YOUR BOOTS BOY! Dont forget that. And yes, I challengee you to show me ANYWHERE where I have said I hate America or that I wish to see this great country fall.

Ed it is morons like you tearing this country and world apart. Go jukmp off a cliff so we can all be better off. ANd make sure the cliff is not located over water. I dont want there to be even the smallest chance of survival.

You sit and complain that people dont agree with you and this war are cowards and terrible people, yet you never had the BALLS to join during a war to defend your country. what a hypocrite. This post will probably cost me 20 points but it was worth it to show everyone how much of a coward you really are.

Remember folks Ed complains about people whos opinions differ with him and he goes on about how Liberals hate this country yet it seems there are MANY LIBERALS who fought during a war for this country. ED NEVER DID THAT! So how can he say we hate the US? I'll tell you. He is a coward and not a very intelligent one either. It is easy to sit back and bitch about others. I would like to see him get off his duff and actually do something for this country.

So how about it Ed. I joined to fight in a war that I believed in. Why dont yoiu go down and join up? They have many positions open now. I heard they have even increased the age limit. It should be no problem for you to join up and fight. Unless you are all talk....................................

Edsuckers, there is one born every minute

[edit on 5/27/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
Was that sarcastic? It ought to be played on a comedy show.

I'd send it to the jokes forum but it's not funny. I'd send it to slug fest, since everyone has lost their mind over perhaps the dumbest thing anyone has ever posted in the War on Terror forum, but the insults on the flash production alone violate most all our T&C.

So I'm closing it. I'm not trashing. Let the idiocy of this thread ring true for all to see and those involved in multiple pages of bickering (again over the perhaps the dumbest thing ever posted on the Internet) feel the burn of shame as they should.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join