It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from General Patton's ghost-WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
centurion1211, did I answer your questions well enough? Wow, a Liberal with a backbone. Didnt expect that did ya?

[edit on 5/26/05 by Kidfinger]

Backbone? Using other people's to prop yourself up is definately not the same as having one yourself.

BTW, Kidfinger, by any chance do you know Michael Jackson?

[edit on 5/26/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Don't believe it? Next time you're in a political discussion, see who answers with "I feel..." and who uses "I think ...".

I think the results will amaze you.

Sure, the critical thinking of this day and age is really destroying moral process. When everything is viewed from a marxist evolution of thinking, there is no longer what is right or wrong, but rather what "feels good," or "what I believe," that matters, instead of facts. This way of thinking is permeating universities across the U.S. You can't stop it. It's been digging in like a chigger for thirty years. The Russian agenda of destroying American morals was successful, just didn't happen in the timeframe and the way they wanted it.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Totally true, vincere7.

Adding a little more to my previous argument, animals have the same ability to "feel" as we do, but not the same ability to think. So, my liberal comrades, why are you not using all of your human abilities to decide the important issues of our time?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Recognize:

We are at war with Islam. Those directly in the logistical chain will get rich off this war. Planners can only plan, even if they're wrong.

China is going to suck out the world's oil reserves. You own an oil company. Doesn't it make sense to be China's biggest customer, or at least try to be?

When opportunity knocks, educated rich people don't hesitate. Know any filthy rich people? I'm talking mega millions. Well if you don't, and I can't speak for all mega mill's, but generally screwing the little guy is always part of the equation. It's called finding the good apples. All the bad apples are those who get screwed in the process. BTW I learned that from Bill Gould, if anyone knows who that is. Bill you deserve the credit on that one.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Centurion.

"Actually, it's the other way around. Fact is, it's the liberals that make their decisions based on how they feel and not whether it makes sense logically or practically. They just want things done that make them feel good. Examples: Guns, SUV's and the death penalty make them feel bad. Peace (at any price), Alaskan wildernesses and giving even the worst criminals and terrorists another chance make them feel good. The abortion issue was a tough one to apply this rule to at first, and then I realized that it simply was that more women voters makes them feel good and aborted babies can't vote.

Don't believe it? Next time you're in a political discussion, see who answers with "I feel..." and who uses "I think ...".

I think the results will amaze you"

Thanks for proving my point. Not a fact in sight, simply a list of your opinions.

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Its not about Emotion, its about survival. I want my kids and Grandkids to live the American Dream...better than I had. Now if American cities start going up in smoke like Manhattan NY, well WTF do you think is gonna happen to that dream?

From what I can see it is, your behavior is emotional and passionate.
You can want that but frankly going to another country and killing some people will not stop another 9/11 from happening.

These Terrorists hide among other Muslims, who KNOW who they are but keep silent, because they ether support them or just plain don't care. Well screw that noise!!....we're coming after every MF'ing one of them and if the innocent Muslims who sat silent while these guys grew powerful in their nieghborhood get in our way....tough S**t!!

So you care not for human lives?
You care about yourself and are basically moraless.
That is the message being sent.
Did you ever think that the muslims might actually care about thier familys ? And this might cause them NOT to speak out because they live in fear of reprisal?

I don't give a RATS-A** about world opinion anymore....they can all go to the Devil!! The Muslims started this war and we're gonna finnish it. Islam understands (2) things.......Money and the Fist. You buy their loyalty or you kick their a**, because they will NEVER, NEVER like us or help us as a friend.

You dont care that your allies are telling you to stop?
Your friends are trying to advise you stop?
The muslims started no war, this war on terror is idiotic! Its been going on for the last 100 years!
Your "opinion" on Islam is rather narrow minded.
You do relise that many muslims fight in the US and the UK military's?
They have fought and died in both armies for freedom and democracy, does that not count as helping?
They have helped the US and UK many a time, does that not count as being a friend?

Pay close attention to this:

Actually, it's the other way around. Fact is, it's the liberals that make their decisions based on how they feel and not whether it makes sense logically or practically. They just want things done that make them feel good. Examples: Guns, SUV's and the death penalty make them feel bad. Peace (at any price), Alaskan wildernesses and giving even the worst criminals and terrorists another chance make them feel good. The abortion issue was a tough one to apply this rule to at first, and then I realized that it simply was that more women voters makes them feel good and aborted babies can't vote.

Initiate sarcasm mode.......sarcasm mode initiated...
Ladies and gents this is the msot realistic and unbiased post I have seen all week.

You do relise as a whole every person has emotions and believe it or not most of the time they control us......also last time I checked the left did think senseibly....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo

That is exactly the problem I have with you people. To equate Christianity with Bush/co. on fighting Islamic terrorism is a truly ill-conceived and asinine view.

What, Bush and Co. have never brought Christianity into it? Never referred to their little adventures as a "crusade"? Please! Most posts taking the side
against the "evil terrorists" (who are no threat to any of us) vent on about their hatred towards muslims. So it's not a question of religion you are saying? Where is the religious tolerance in these posts?

You do not bother to take into consideration that many Christians in other parts of the world were subjected to extreme forms of persecution, murder, and slavery by Muslims..........

I take into consideration some minor racial incidents being blown from mole-hills into mountains to justify what is being done to the muslim population at large. Flushing korans down the jax and the habitual abuse and degradation contrary to their religious traditions of young muslim men in custody of the great benevolant USA. I don't see much difference between the rantings of a few demented mullahs with the spewings of the Christian Right.

What happened to "Turn the other cheek" and "Love thy neighbour"?

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
The russians may have real terrorism issues to deal with, that is granted. The US however has taken the slightest threat and made an industry out of it. Something not too difficult to do with a bunch of proto-pattons shouting down any voice of reason.

I had to laugh at this sheer nonsense of your above comment.
It's not worth a further comment from me.

Sure, gloss over any points that don't fit into your simple paradigm of the world. This is no war on terror, but rather a blood-soaked business wrapping itself in red, white and blue nonsense.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
You can want that but frankly going to another country and killing some people will not stop another 9/11 from happening.

Neither will having a tea party and a "huggy" session with them.

So what is the solution then? You're opposed to fighting them or standing up to the bullies of the world, that much is clear. So what is your plan? Have a nice sit down with extremist groups and smoke the hookah, while giving them lip service?

Or maybe not...

Maybe you want us to just close the doors and wait for them to get in a shot again? Maybe open the doors and give them a freebie? I know, we could send like 1000 men and some virgins over and beg that they don't bomb anyone in the future?

"Hi Mr. OBL...take this sacrifice and please don't bomb the trains in Spain anymore. Ok?"

Now in this crazy-long thread are some people who thought the linked movie was funny and some who didn't. The ones who didn't certainly would be laughing if it was a movie calling Bush a monkey and having him shoot bananas out his butt...but of course since it's not a Bush-bash...then it's such a horrid thing. Oh the shame...

What I don't see is a single person saying what could be done to solve the extremist issue. Don't like the war on terror? Then what is the solution to it?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Neither will having a tea party and a "huggy" session with them.

Yeah thats why we dont....

So what is the solution then? You're opposed to fighting them or standing up to the bullies of the world, that much is clear. So what is your plan? Have a nice sit down with extremist groups and smoke the hookah, while giving them lip service?

Ok now thats putting words in my mouth.
I said going to another country and killing a few people wont solve it , why?
Because it cant be solved unless everyone is dead.
The plan? Make our intel and security forces better.

Or maybe not...

Maybe you want us to just close the doors and wait for them to get in a shot again? Maybe open the doors and give them a freebie? I know, we could send like 1000 men and some virgins over and beg that they don't bomb anyone in the future?

I sense mocking at work here....

"Hi Mr. OBL...take this sacrifice and please don't bomb the trains in Spain anymore. Ok?"

Now in this crazy-long thread are some people who thought the linked movie was funny and some who didn't. The ones who didn't certainly would be laughing if it was a movie calling Bush a monkey and having him shoot bananas out his butt...but of course since it's not a Bush-bash...then it's such a horrid thing. Oh the shame...

Long?
Crazy?
So sure are you that we would be laughing, you believe in telepathy now?

What I don't see is a single person saying what could be done to solve the extremist issue. Don't like the war on terror? Then what is the solution to it?

I dont think you quite get it, the "war on terror" has been going on far longer than the US of A has existed, in over 200 years we have just done the same stuff over and over again, and guess what?? IT DOESNT WORK!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

1. Impeach Bush. That would be one extremist out of the way.
2. Dismantle the Military Industrial Complex.
3. Pay your dues to the UN.
4. Reign in the Proto-Pattons.
5. Try talking to people rather than at them.

To quote someone from that caveman Patton's era, Jaw-Jaw is better than War-War. Winston Churchill said that. He knew when to fight and when to talk. Put the flying monkeys back in their cages, the fighting has so far amounted to nothing.

As for the other howler about how people didn't like that Patton movie because it wasn't Anti-Bush!!! LOL! You are obviously immune to the vile vitriol oozing from that little masterpiece. George Orwell must be rolling in his grave......

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Ok now thats putting words in my mouth.
I said going to another country and killing a few people wont solve it , why?
Because it cant be solved unless everyone is dead.
The plan? Make our intel and security forces better.

Ok...the "close our doors and sit and wait" plan. Sounds solid. Sign me up for that one. Much better than the "everyone is dead" plan by the sounds of it.

I dont think you quite get it, the "war on terror" has been going on far longer than the US of A has existed, in over 200 years we have just done the same stuff over and over again, and guess what?? IT DOESNT WORK!

Wait a minute...I don't get it?

You're telling me your plan of "sit and wait" hasn't been tried before? I mean, you just wrote like half a page to answer my question of what is the solution and you said "make our intel and security forces better" and then at the bottom of the same post you say, nothing we have ever tried has worked?

But yet you advocate trying the same tactic again? I though we had done the "sit and wait" plan? I know, maybe it's the "sit and wait and watch" plan or the "sit and wait and watch and train" plan...but I really thought we tried all those. Hmmmm....are you SURE we didn't try that plan? Maybe send cruise missiles at them while we are safe at home? Oh, democrats tried that one...

Yep, it does seem hopeless. I know...we could plant some bombs for them. That would be new. Oh, we could like start killing our neighbors so extremists don't have to come fly planes and do it. That would be new.

Let's try something REALLY new like take the war to the extremists doorstep and see how that works. Naw! That would be using their tactics against them. That would be morally wrong...

Well, good post you had DW and I appreciate the thought.
I just don't think that plan will work.

I know there are two sides to the discussion and I CAN actually can see both sides. I am not mocking, but it IS hard not to laugh when 99% of the threads I see are about "Bush is an evil nazi" and responsible for every wrong, including missing dryer socks.

I just really want to know what anyone thinks would honestly work? Diplomacy? Payoffs? I don't know...I hear critics and see finger-pointing, but no solutions.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
1. Impeach Bush. That would be one extremist out of the way.

I should have known. LOL! Was it the missing dryer socks?

2. Dismantle the Military Industrial Complex.

Get rid of the military. Now that IS a new tactic, okay.

3. Pay your dues to the UN.

Dues? Like pay them? So we pay them and they stop extremists? It's that easy?

4. Reign in the Proto-Pattons.

Stop the people that want to stand up for others. Okay. Got it.

5. Try talking to people rather than at them.

Talk to the extremists. Got it, but I would have to add that IF we do...the extremists need to talk TO people and not bomb them okay? Fair deal?

As for the other howler about how people didn't like that Patton movie because it wasn't Anti-Bush!!! LOL!

Yeah. Amazing huh? If it was about Bush and monkeys coming out his butt...people would be posting about how true it is. But a spoof using Patton? Oh THAT is just wrong...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Ok...the "close our doors and sit and wait" plan. Sounds solid. Sign me up for that one. Much better than the "everyone is dead" plan by the sounds of it.

That plan was not a "close our doors and wait" , besides, do you want mass bloodshed or controlled violence?

Wait a minute...I don't get it?

You're telling me your plan of "sit and wait" hasn't been tried before? I mean, you just wrote like half a page to answer my question of what is the solution and you said "make our intel and security forces better" and then at the bottom of the same post you say, nothing we have ever tried has worked?

But yet you advocate trying the same tactic again? I though we had done the "sit and wait" plan? I know, maybe it's the "sit and wait and watch" plan or the "sit and wait and watch and train" plan...but I really thought we tried all those. Hmmmm....are you SURE we didn't try that plan? Maybe send cruise missiles at them while we are safe at home? Oh, democrats tried that one...

We havent "sat and waited" we have always "took the war to them". For the good part of the last centuary we have done so.

Yep, it does seem hopeless. I know...we could plant some bombs for them. That would be new. Oh, we could like start killing our neighbors so extremists don't have to come fly planes and do it. That would be new.

Mabye lets lock up some people that we "think" "might" be "terrorists" with no charges, that plan will work better.

Let's try something REALLY new like take the war to the extremists doorstep and see how that works. Naw! That would be using their tactics against them. That would be morally wrong...

Really new?
Have you seen what our countries have done for the last 200 years "takeing it to thier door step"?

Well, good post you had DW and I appreciate the thought.
I just don't think that plan will work.

Its a much better plan than random blood shed.

I know there are two sides to the discussion and I CAN actually can see both sides. I am not mocking, but it IS hard not to laugh when 99% of the threads I see are about "Bush is an evil nazi" and responsible for every wrong, including missing dryer socks.

I just really want to know what anyone thinks would honestly work? Diplomacy? Payoffs? I don't know...I hear critics and see finger-pointing, but no solutions.

You want a solution?
Press the red button, solves everything.
We wont be around to feel the pain..

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah, it is real amazing to hear someone say they hate all Islamist, and then turn around and blame the USS Cole bombing and 9-11 for their hatred of Islam then justify a war that has nothing to do with those who actually attacked American intrest. Real amazing. Now who is seeing with emotion here? Oh, Russel. I forgot.............

Backbone? Using other people's to prop yourself up is definately not the same as having one yourself.

What are you talking about? Are you that full of yourself that you see everyone cower before your feet as you trounce through your nuclear daisies? Get a grip. Yes, I WILL stand up and call out all those who continue to tear this nation apart through the spreading of lies and hate. What are you doing?

Was that some lame attempt at a put down? Please, can we act a little older than 8? Please? Is it too much?

Zedd,

I have always respected your post so I'll turn the sarcasm off here. You ask what other alternatives we have. Well, first off, we could start practicing what we preach. This 'Paving the way for Democracy' is fine as long as we are doing it for our country. It is none of our business how another country conducts their government unless we are being threatened. And I dont mean this penny anny BS Im gonna build a nuke too crap. I mean if we are being truly threatened.

Second, it is time to seal up the boarders. To many holes there. It leaves us way to open and invites stupidity; Something Bush cant seem to grasp.

Third, we need to withdraw our troops from many foreign bases. As a matter of fact, our whole military needs a shake up in the upper levels.

There are many other options for us but they all start at home. If we want to change the world, we need to look inward first.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

I don't give a RATS-A** about world opinion anymore....they can all go to the Devil!! The Muslims started this war and we're gonna finnish it. Islam understands (2) things.......Money and the Fist. You buy their loyalty or you kick their a**, because they will NEVER, NEVER like us or help us as a friend.

Class over.Maximu§

Wow! I too wish I had a WATS this month.

Pay close attention to this:

The abortion issue was a tough one to apply this rule to at first, and then I realized that it simply was that more women voters makes them feel good and aborted babies can't vote.

Man that was awesome! Yeah, all the while they sit back in their little tulipwalker groups,while the real people are protecting them and the right to bitch they use so well. Welcome to America!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Man that was awesome! Yeah, all the while they sit back in their little tulipwalker groups,while the real people are protecting them and the right to bitch they use so well. Welcome to America!

Ed, that was out of line and you are showing how much of an arse you can be. I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY!

I fought for a president that had a clear cut goal and a real plan. Please refrain from spreading this crap.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

That plan was not a "close our doors and wait" , besides, do you want mass bloodshed or controlled violence?

And just how do you used "controlled violence"?

You want a solution?
Press the red button, solves everything.
We wont be around to feel the pain..

Oh, as in sacrifice. Good plan I guess...if you want to die. Call me greedy, but I'll sit back and let you take that option. I'll wait for the next plan.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We've got 10 pages of tulipwalkers and warhawks debating and we are never going to agree, the tulipwalkers are always going to think they are self-rightous saviors of the world, and think the warhawks are sick and twisted when i think the warhawks are just realists and dont live in fantasy land. I think it's good that tulipwalkers think our behavior as a country is the sole purpose for everything going wrong in the war on terror, but this is almost philosphical and not achievable and if your fighting a finatical enough group of people nothing you do will change their minds about you.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

And just how do you used "controlled violence"?

I am picking the lesser of 2 evils, random blood shed or controlled violence?

Oh, as in sacrifice. Good plan I guess...if you want to die. Call me greedy, but I'll sit back and let you take that option. I'll wait for the next plan.

You wanted a plan, thats plan.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Ed, that was out of line and you are showing how much of an arse you can be. I WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY!

I fought for a president that had a clear cut goal and a real plan. Please refrain from spreading this crap.

Crap is only a matter of opinion and I don't feel that way. What I said was true.
I ALSO SERVED MY COUNTRY, and I know damn good and well this Tulipwalker mentality that is so prevalent in here would not last 'in service'. You mock the Commander in Chief, the policies, and the Administration and on what basis? What you hear in Newsweek and on CBS?

Well if you served, then you would understand that it is not as meets the press's eye. Its cool to sit back and bitch and whine about an illegal war when you know damn good and well that Saddam was NOT living up to the how many resolutions and that alone was merit to go in, but alas it was not the reason now was it? No, as someone has already pointed out to you, the war was already started before 911, 911 was the straw that broke the camels back.

Live in your dreamworld for all I give a sht, I at least have a clue of the world around me.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join