It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser-guided directed-energy weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You guys and gals are going to like this - brother in Army FCS program had briefing on this stuff and sent me this link:

Ionatron is a publicly traded company that develops laser-guided directed-energy technology.... Basically they are working on sending a taser like pulse down a laser beam - for both lethal and non-lethal uses....

Check it out:

Ionatron site

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There is a game called Command and Conquer that allows you to build your army.The U.S. has aweapon called a particle cannon that shoots an energy beam to a satellite and from the satellite to the taget. I find this interesting since ''It has yet to be invented''.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
to bad there site doesn't show prototypes or working models, or artist renderings or what it will look like 10 years down the road.

BTW, Defense Tech did an article on this a couple days ago.
good read.

Company execs say they're working on a real-life ray gun which uses femtosecond lasers – light pulses that last less than a ten-trillionth of a second – to carve conductive channels of ionized oxygen in the air. Through these channels, Ionatron's blaster supposedly sends man-made lighting bolts, frying anyone unfortunate enough to step into their path, up to 800 meters away.

Laser weapons

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Interesting website and system. I like the ability of the weapon to be changed from lethal to non-lethal according to the situation. And the demo movie clips also looked kind of like the way the blasters of Star Wars "shoot".

Set phasers on stun, Mr. Spock!

[edit on 5/26/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And the demo movie clips also looked kind of like the way the blasters of Star Wars "shoot".

laser video site

Is this the video your referring to?

wierd...it looks like electrical shots are being fired from on side to the other in a halway.?.? Guess it would be more effective then a locked door.

EDIT: Or were you talking about this extremely cheesy laser video?
cheesy goverment laser video

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess it kind of reminded me of that opening scene in the first Star Wars movie, somehow.

Unfortuntely, this article:

Article

takes some of the shine off of Ionatron.

[edit on 5/26/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'll stick with my m-4 for now, but thanks anyway

top topics

join