It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter And Crew Getting A Bit Too Old?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I love the books and movies, and it's been fun seeing the kids grow up and become better actors and actresses....New director's spins while staying mostly faithful to the books....

The trailer for Goblet of Fire looks fantastic....Only there's one catch - There's a "big" difference between being 14...and being 17....

What are your thoughts on the younger portion of the cast? How would you react to a new Harry, Ron and Hermione?

From what I understand, WB only purchased rights to the first four movies, so as it stands, this is it.....Which means we may see a whole new Snape, Sirius, another new Dumbeldore, etc...for The Order of the Phoenix....

Sort of sad really - But at least I've got my imagination and my books to keep the memory going

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, they had mid 20s playing kids in Highschool all the time, so no big deal if you ask me.

BTW, when is Numero 6 coming out?(the book)

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Heh...Or for that matter, mid 20s kids IN high school...
...At least in one of the ones I went to

Need we say more than *cough cough* Breakfast Club?

To be honest, I'd really like to see them carry their roles out to the end....But I guess that depends on whether or not WB renigs....I'm sure they will

Book 6 comes out July 16 - I can't wait....I downloaded all the books on tape so I can listen and refresh my memory - I read all the books on the first day I bought them, but if I were to go back through them it would take me months to finish....LOL

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As long as they make 'em quick...

And no reason the faculty can't still stay on...they aren't aging that fast.

At least we don't have the same director as the last one...
I know the critics loved it, but I'll take Mr. Columbus, thanks....

Oh, and I'll be one of those in line at midnight for the book too...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Oh, and I'll be one of those in line at midnight for the book too...

Don't stand in line with all the muggles!

Amazon is the way to go...I ordered the Special Edition Order of the Phoenix through them and had it by 4:00 on the release date....

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah I think Warner Bros. will end up making the rest of the books with the same (or near same) cast. I think the cast is good...maybe witches and wizards just mature faster than muggles.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
...maybe witches and wizards just mature faster than muggles.

That's no joke...

Add 4-5 years of constant watering and sunlight.....

Did Ron have long hair in Order of the Phoenix, or is this a little "creative freedom"? - lol - That boy Rupert shot up like a bean sprout.....

[edit on 5/25/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Never seen any of the HP movies about magic aint my cup of tea.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Don't stand in line with all the muggles!

Amazon is the way to go...I ordered the Special Edition Order of the Phoenix through them and had it by 4:00 on the release date....

No, you don't get it... I could easily get such a preorder voucher, no biggie. But, I like the CONVERSATION with fellow fans in line leading up to buying the book. THAT'S why I do it. I've met some great people in line for previous books, and had some great discussions while doing so. Not to mention, 4:00 isn't good enough. I'm sure my wife will start reading it as soon as we get in the car, hehe....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wait a sec! the trio are 17?!?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i didnt like the movies but i have read all the 5 books which are out,
over and over again.

i have a very wide imagination. i fall into the books so to say.
i have read the last 2 books goblet of fire and the order of the pheonix.
about 7 times each!

dont worry i still have a social life.

i think they should keep the same people because they have grown into childrens mind the way they look, such as the green eyes and jet black hair.

keep the same people

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We could always clone them....

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
we could but it wouldnt be the same!

they are the origional trio !

x x oni x x

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
No, you don't get it... I could easily get such a preorder voucher, no biggie. But, I like the CONVERSATION with fellow fans in line leading up to buying the book. THAT'S why I do it. I've met some great people in line for previous books, and had some great discussions while doing so. Not to mention, 4:00 isn't good enough. I'm sure my wife will start reading it as soon as we get in the car, hehe....

I was just pulling your leg

I wouldn't know anything about standing in line.....

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I always get them for christmas, although a July 16th date may be weird. Hell, the one thing I asked for was book number 5 and got it. My grandma evil though, she hid it, knowing it was the only thing I had directly asked for. Sure games, clothes, blah blah blah, where is the book! NO! My cousin got hers, where is mine! Finally after all gifts unwrapped and me about to cry she got it out.

Of course, I don't feel to bad, Gazrok is older then me and reads it, so I guess 18 isn't to old to read HP. Funniest thing is I go from Tom Clancy, J.D. Robb, Michael Crichton, and Patricia Cornwell to Harry Potter. From CIA, murder, dinosaurs eating people, and more murder, to "muggles" and such.

Although, now that they are older, in the book, might not be able to be uh, "kid centered". 16 year olds aren't all about puppies and kittens, or 17 year olds with book 7.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
BTW, when is Numero 6 coming out?(the book)

July 16, 2005

-Chris

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Of course, I don't feel to bad, Gazrok is older then me and reads it, so I guess 18 isn't to old to read HP. Funniest thing is I go from Tom Clancy, J.D. Robb, Michael Crichton, and Patricia Cornwell to Harry Potter. From CIA, murder, dinosaurs eating people, and more murder, to "muggles" and such.

I am old enough to be your mother and I still love the HP books!

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
i really do love the harry potter books, i cant wait till 16th of july... not that long. its Harry Potter and the half blood prince.

i wonder who the prince is?? is it anyone we know. could it be Professior Lupin?? werwolf?? but that would of come out in book three or would it.

AHHH i cant wait!! i am seriously counting down the days, i will be there in line after twelve at night and getting the book and reading it as soon as i get home!! sounds sad but i have read and re-read all of the 5 books so far. i read them for number one to number five all the time. i would of started again but i know i will not finish all of them by the 16th.

ask anyone who knows me well will know what is my fav book, apart from David Pelzer, Harry Potter is wicked and is so nice to have a none sexual book. because all books these day for the teens/adults have a sexual based story line. and some times it is nice to read a book without it.

oni x x

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
i wonder who the prince is??

I've just presumed its harry, being good but having a weird connection with voldermort, thus a half blood concerning his powers, good and bad powers etc etc

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I hate the movies. They are horrible. But the books are good. But those movies are stupid and badly acted
here is the teaser by the way pdl.warnerbros.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join