It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Council Member Primaries!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My two cents......

In the beginning of a new concept/process to be established and incorporated into the ATS consciousness, one that has the promise for an excellent member inclusivity and would help the progression of informed, constructive, and productive discussion......Gazrok as a moderator on the council can only help to ensure the success.....I hope I'm not assuming anything here, Gazrok, but I think maybe the idea of 'mentor' and 'respected go-to-guy-until-the-elected-get-their-sea-legs' is a reasonable perspective to utilize.

Besides, really, the chicks seem to dig him......

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Did I just get called a quality member?

Yes cpr...you heard right. Your very popular and beloved on ATS.....except for the Squirrls that is.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The squirrels will burn in the fiery pits of hades. Viva La A-SP!!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Super Councilor!

A mod is like a super councillor ( to tired to spell) He already gives his insight to the board but he has extra power.

Is that really what mods are? I tend to think of them as law enforcement on the streets, laying down the law and acting as the thin blue line between board order and board chaos.

People can bag on mods all day, but what matters is the opinions of the administrators who appoint them.

In general, I would expect the administrators to appreciate mods being tough where they have to, and that means cracking some heads now and then.

Meanwhile, councilors are elected by the members. If they don't please the members, they're fired.

Flashing That Moderator Cash

Why give that up? It's like giving up a higher paying job of the same tpye but with more privledges for a lower paying one.

Really? How much do moderators make again?

The only pay anyone gets around here is whatever satisfaction and enjoyment they get from being here, regardless of their jobs. And how many people really want an extra job anyway, when you get down to it?

I would not be surprised that, for all the glamor and glitz, many mods find their jobs disappointing. After all, cleaning up after members all day -- especially the same old wet cleanup on aisle 7 -- just plain gets old.

Gazrok is an excellent moderator, and seems to enjoy the job. For that reason alone, maybe he should decline his candidacy.

That would be a good enough reason, I don't care what anyone says. This is ATS, not a mandatory work program.

While councilors are officially “subordinate” to moderators on the “ATS pecking order”, I don't think of it that way.

Though all members are subject to being moderated, councilors will be able to take the concerns of members straight to the top.

In fact, we may come to find that lowly councilors may be able to inspire bigger changes to ATS than even the superest of super mods.

Move over Palpatine.

Whose Honor Is It, Anyway?

Oh and it's an honor to be quoted by thee

Oh puh-LEASE! It's just me.

Wow, really? Gee, thanks! Right back atcha dude!

Edit: Note to self: “Whose” is possessive. “Who's” is a contraction for “who is”.

[edit on 5/27/2005 by Majic]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Welcome and Thank you!! Great member love how you set up your posts. Maybe some day when I'm older and not so lazy I might create a cool setty uppy thingy. (Love my awesome use of words?) The whole money thign was actually meaning power kinda err... yeah. Power that's all life is POWER muahahahaha

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Perfect Parsing Error: String Not Found At 0xFFFFFFEF

Maybe some day when I'm older and not so lazy I might create a cool setty uppy thingy.

The secret is the clever and judicious use of a random word generator.

Just hit the button and huzzah! Instant “Majic” post. Saves typing and brain cells.

You honestly don't think I actually bother to type all this out, do you?

For extra coolness, set it to kick out subheadings in bold with the wittiness setting cranked to 11.

Vader's Lament

Power that's all life is POWER muahahahaha

Ah, but is it? And the power to do what?

I used to seek power for power's sake, figuring that wisdom would follow.

Turns out it's the opposite: Seek wisdom, and the power will be yours.

The greatest power of all is the power of restraint.

Go in peace, my young apprentice.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yummmm Eggs...

err.. what were we talking bout again ohh power!! Having knowledge is power. It gives you the ability to manipulate control and take advantage of. Or be caring great and a great person.

Choices Choices

But which to choose? Good or bad? Pink or Black? Ying or Yang? Apple Pie or Blueberry Pie? Follow your heart and you'll find your true path.

What was this thread about again?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Atopical Typic

[What was this thread about again?

Whether Gazrok should run for councilor, of course.

Well, and the primaries, I suppose.

But since the primaries are over, let's just all get naked and party!

Well, or talk politics.

You decide.

This message was paid for by Citizens for Majic in District 4
and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur foundation
in consultation with the Zeta Reticuloids
and the Illuminati Campaign for Social Justice.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Mods are members too, after all.

You said it Majic. He is a member and happens to be a Mod. Still, he was voted by other members in the primary, knowing full well that he is a Mod.

I would say that is because he always is helpful and positive. He has the knowledge to do it and others have faith in him.

So let him run. As Skeptic said, let's try this thing and see what happens. There is no need to invent new rules about the matter now. Let it run it's course. You've got plenty of time to try and win office first.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Trial And Success

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
So let him run. As Skeptic said, let's try this thing and see what happens. There is no need to invent new rules about the matter now. Let it run it's course. You've got plenty of time to try and win office first.

Amen.

Personally, I don't care if Gaz is a mod or not. Apparently, quite a few of my fellow members don't either.

Hopefully, the idea of taking on an additional job -- while maybe being cut some slack in the current one -- doesn't bother Gaz.

As long as he represents the members, and I'm sure he would, who cares?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

[ Apple Pie or Blueberry Pie?

Just so you have variety cpr........the pies will be apple, blueberry, banana cream, fresh strawberry....and pecan!

Abundant choices on your ATS table for perusal............

Differant flavors...but all yummy!

[edit on 28-5-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Blueberrys are the best. And they give you good nightvision too...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Hey UK Wizard, I voted for you, however I do not remember for what particular forum...

You have voted UK Wizard for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

thanks, I gave it ago but those who went through in the BTS group deserved it, great members and I'm glad that its going to be one of them as BTS councilor.

My money's on Enron for BTS

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
UKwizard I had more votes than you! I win! Haha
I think so atleast...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My votes have been placed.......... once again good job to the ones that are appointed!

See you all in the forums

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, I guess I'm a little late with my propagandistic sig banner, but hey... Better late than never.

I'm up against Netchicken, anyway, so of course I'm going to win. Tony Robbins told me I would.

Zip

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

LMAO! Great sign!

But, I think we were the minority on that thread Zip....

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
LMAO! Great sign!

I was just thinking the same thing LMAO.......Awesome banner zip..........

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Tony Robbins told me I would.

Zip

LMAO, Zip

You get my future vote.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Heh 25 Votes for me. Did alot better then I thought I was gonna do, good luck to all the finalists. Have a fun and clean campaign

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join