It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Council Member Primaries!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And the ATS "polling station" goes WILD...

Hey, the one wearing RED is keeping a watchful eye on the one wearing BLUE.

Sanc'.
edit:format

[edit on 27-5-2005 by sanctum]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
Gazrok 3 top people from each category will campaign. Will you be campaigning or not? You wouldn't even need to campaign, you already won

i hope he is campaigning,
seeings i voted for him, he better be voting

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Man, I wanted to be to upset of the decade.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've noticed that a few here see it as hot air and BS to be praising one another and rejoicing this new approach at a self-governed ATS....Regardless, I mean it when I say CONGRATULATIONS to everyone - A job well done!

I've kept quiet during this initial process b/c I didn't want to feel as though I swayed any votes with a few words here or there....I prefer to use my joking side of things to get my message across, and I guess it worked....

Therefore, my "campaign" consists of this: I'll keep BTS the way YOU want it and I'll be there for all your questions and concerns....With such an excellent staff of moderators that I know will support me, we can truly make things happen....
And who among us doesn't want to rid BTS of that nasty belief that it's an insult to have your thread moved over there, or that participating in BTS discussions is somehow less worthy of any merit....

Good luck to all my fellow members who will be going on to the next round!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Let's have a good, CLEAN, POLITE campaign season.

m...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And who among us doesn't want to rid BTS of that nasty belief that it's an insult to have your thread moved over there, or that participating in BTS discussions is somehow less worthy of any merit....

Excellent points... Sometimes I'm in an ATS mood, other times, a BTS mood, and both certainly have their merits.... Nice to see that attitude...

I suppose I'll "run"...as after that show of support, would be kind of letting down all those who voted... Just feels weird, as I'm already in the position... It's kind of like being a Supreme Court judge and getting "re-elected" to the position...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Since Gazrok is running I don't have a chance. I'm dropping out.

Gazrok as a popular mod doesn't even need to try he has won.

Congratulations Gazrok

Thanks everyone who voted for me.

Good Luck to all those campaigning

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon

If Ycon is dropping out, then I can run against Gazrok or what?
As I´m currently nr. 4. The first 3 is still in the race, or am I wrong about this?
Hellmutt vs. Gazrok , what a laugh...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd drop out, but it looks like it's not even necessary
Gaz has this one locked up

SMR

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I didnt get to vote because I wasnt here.
Was 2 days really long enough for this?Not everyone comes to the board every day.Fact,for me,I was out of town......
This should have been a week thing

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Let's have a good, CLEAN, POLITE campaign season.

I agree wholeheartedly Springer...........

Now......on to the next step....for a bright ATS future!!

A fresh baked pie for everyone!!!!

You folks would not believe how hard my heart is beating right now.....I am so honored in my placement to run......this is TRULY an honor coming from such a great and brilliant group of people. If elected.....I will do the very best job I am able to......taking all the advise I can get from the MODS and the board owners, to make ATS the best internet site around.

Thank you ALL! VERY much........I am humbled by your support.

TRG

[edit on 27-5-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hey UK Wizard, I voted for you, however I do not remember for what particular forum...

If anything, this might help:

You have voted UK Wizard for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And Congrats all! any moment now!

[edit on 27/5/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Primary Colors

Wow. Politics makes strange bedfellows.

If Val is truly dead-set against offering herself for council, then I suppose DISC is now down to a choice between myself, GradyPhilpott and Mirthful Me.

I know I've been a godawful drama queen about this whole business, and apologize for that. Not that I'll be any less of a drama queen in the future -- it's kind of outside my control -- but well, you get the idea.

To those who voted for me, thanks. The only right way for me to respond is to do my best in the coming runoff campaign and, if elected, give you my best effort as councilor.

To those who did not vote for me and would like to see Anyone But Majic as DISC Councilor, I can't say I blame you, but wish to encourage you to be candid about it (I won't take offense, honest!), let me know what you would like to see different about my approach, support the candidate you would like to see get the job (whether me or either of the excellent alternatives), be vocal about what the DISC Councilor should do regardless who is elected and be sure to join the public discussions about all this.

You can make a difference, if you care to.

Talking The Talk

Thinking that my odds of making it past the primaries were slim, I decided that my best bet was to talk about my own concerns and ideas for what councilors should and should not do.

By doing that, I figured that maybe these ideas would take hold and have an influence on the final shape of the council, even if it devolved into a secretive clique, which has been my lingering nightmare.

I posted my concerns and opinions at length as a nominee, using the bully pulpit, but here's the truth, and don't you dare let anyone tell you different:

Any member can do that.

Councilors will have tough jobs and “special powers” (rather limited ones, IMO), but all of them will be expected to represent you.

What does it take to be heard? The same thing it always does: post.

You don't have to be a staffer or councilor to make a difference, and if you make good points in your posts, people will take note of them.

If this process seems off-putting to you -- and hey, it did to me at first -- I challenge you to put that aside and do what you do best:

Share your opinions!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Windows Of Opportunity

Originally posted by SMR

I didnt get to vote because I wasnt here.
Was 2 days really long enough for this?Not everyone comes to the board every day.Fact,for me,I was out of town......
This should have been a week thing

I think this is a legitimate complaint.

Many ATSers come only during the weekends, and we are at the beginning of summer, after all.

Where feasible in the future, I recommend that all member elections be held open for at least a week, to ensure everyone has a reasonable chance to vote.

Failing that, we should try to at least hold them over the weekends, when more ATSers may stop in and vote.

However, I know we also want to get the ball rolling on some things, including this council, so where we need to keep things moving, I wouldn't knock the staff (or the council) for opening shorter windows.

As an example, I can anticipate some spot polls the council may want to run that we wouldn't want to wait a week for.

We need to balance expediency against fairness for all members. The compromise point may not be pleasing to anyone, but hopefully fair to most of us.

Where we can do so without harm, I recommend giving as many members as possible the opportunity to vote, not just us daily forum trolls.

P.S. To you lurkers out there, I speak as a former lurker: I want you to vote, too, if you feel like it. Vote for someone who supports lurkers.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

i hope he is campaigning,
seeings i voted for him, he better be voting

Gazrok as a popular mod doesn't even need to try he has won.

Congratulations Gazrok

Seems no choice will be the “right” one here…classic catch 22…
Damned if I do, damned if I don’t, hehe…

If it helps, I never asked to be nominated. Indeed, I was pretty sure we mods weren't to be in the running...and I think all the nominees are some of our most quality members to be sure....which is really why I'd like to see such a member in the post. As I've said all too often it seems....I'm already there folks...and DOING that job...
Though the ego sure got a healthy boost from the support!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Did I just get called a quality member? Thanks guys for oyur help... I think I got 42 votes... WAIT!! That is the answer to life the universe and everything!!!! I should automatically win.....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Interest Of Conflict

So if Gazrok is elected, what then?

From what I'm hearing, the councilors are expected to be representatives of the members, and even moderators will not be allowed into the secret council forum.

So should Gazrok heed the vox populae and accept the council position?

Would Gazrok then be required to give up being a moderator for three months?

Can a fully-functional mod be an effective councilor?

Could Gazrok end up being a better councilor for being a mod?

Will Boris Badanoff finally capture moose and squirrel?

I'm already on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the dramatic conclusion.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It is for the mmebers.. .so sorry gaz but IMO he shouldn't be allowed. He's a moderator which is already a governing thingy. He's already at a higher ranking posistion.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What The People Want

Originally posted by cpr12r
It is for the mmebers.. .so sorry gaz but IMO he shouldn't be allowed. He's a moderator which is already a governing thingy. He's already at a higher ranking posistion.

Ah, but just look at the votes! We're talking like an order of magnitude over the alternatives.

That is a serious mandate.

Perhaps the options are to accept candidacy (and an apparent shoo-in for council), take a break from being a moderator for three months and give it shot,

or,

Decline the candidacy and remain one of our favorite mods,

or,

Maybe, upon a vote of the members, a mod can be a councilor.

Mods are members too, after all.

I know I would give the matter careful thought if so many people wanted me to take the job.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A mod is like a super councillor ( to tired to spell) He already gives his insight to the board but he has extra power. Why give that up? It's like giving up a higher paying job of the same tpye but with more privledges for a lower paying one. Oh and it's an honor to be quoted by thee

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join