It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Council Member Primaries!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Your membership is free.....And so too is your desire to draw attention to yourself, although I must admit I've done the same many times myself....

The truth is, no one can really answer those questions but yourself....I've certainly seen no signs of favoirtism here at ATS....Perhaps friendship, but is that to say they're one and the the same?

I've certainly made notice of your presence here at ATS, as I'm sure many others have.....What difference does it honestly make if yours is recognized publically or not?

We exist here in a message board....To me, my concerns lie in a more tangible realm....

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
GZ, relax man it ain't end of world, justa forum imo :p

I'm having fun with the lil voting thing, you should see the lovely hate I get from another board for being here, it... makes me giggle

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, GZ, I don't quite know what to say. You've been here for half a year, so stick with it. WATS votes and applause are nice, but they're superficial. What's really nice are the u2us from members saying how awesome a post was. And those take a while to start getting. Recognition requires lots of time, lots of work, lots of effort, and lots of respect.

It will come, just keep on keepin on.
The easiest way to get what you want from people is to make it so they can't afford not to! That means keep posting the best stuff you can. Best of Luck.

And for what it's worth, I know your name quite well, especially from a certain few threads.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
it... makes me giggle

Only so long as my katana is under your ribs......

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
WHAT DOES IT TAKE to get some recognition for once.

"You have applauded GrOuNd_ZeRo."

There. Now I don't want to say that they're pity points or anything, but I guess they are.

In all seriousness though, some people get recognized in other ways GZ. I get it more for my avatars and good looks than anything else. The point is...people do notice in different ways. I don't think you are here just to be popular, so don't sweat it and keep on posting.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Anterior Motives

This really makes me reconsidder my membership...

This sounds more brutal than I would like, so please bear that in mind.

If you're coming to ATS looking for love, you're coming to the wrong place.

Not that there aren't wonderful caring people here, but I don't know any who think of ATS as a mutual admiration society.

As what I like to call a "conspiracy site", ATS is about uncovering information that would otherwise remain hidden.

All the other bells and whistles can be fun and enjoyable, but to get hung up on those is, in my opinion, licking the icing without eating the cake.

Of course, opinions reasonably differ on just about everything, and I don't want you to think I'm knocking you personally, because I'm not.

However, I think worrying about getting gratuitous attaboys from your fellow ATSers is the signpost of a path of sorrow.

If you're here in a quest for personal glory, you're setting yourself up for bitter disappointment.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

There. Now I don't want to say that they're pity points or anything, but I guess they are.

Hehe...not really, probably long overdue for GZ....

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
For whatever it's worth GZ, I've noticed you quite a bit around here as well, even in the couple of months I've been a member. And I might like to add that, unless I'm missing something, the only way you know someone WATS'd you is if they tell you. I've had a couple of people tell me they have, but I've never received any kind of notification or anything. Just my two cents...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
GroundZero did not ask for Applause from a policeman on his beat.

He expressed disappointment in not getting one of these:

"You have voted GrOuNd_ZeRo for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month."

Now he has one. What will he do with it?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ground Zero, my friend, the most important is to give. You don't have to wait something in return. It may come or it may not. Some people thank in return, some others only receive but never give. Just take it like this. Waiting recognition is a sign of ego, and ego is a bad thing. Just be happy by telling yourself that you have done something positive.
Have a nice day.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
SORRY GZ...
I have actually given you the "way above" on a couple of occassions...
I rarely point it out in a post unless I think it advances your cause...
from now on, I will be more vocal (or typeal, in this case) to let you know you had a pat on the back...
PAT PAT PAT PAT....

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

WHAT DOES IT TAKE to get some recognition for once.

You did get a total of 14 nominations across all categories, just not enough to be top-ten in any single category.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When are the polls going to be counted?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just a reminder that the polls close today.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I feel quite a bit embarresed now for my outburst, I have a low self-esteem, and I appriciate all the members showing their support!

I perhaps take it too seriously over here, but I do care about this board since I have been freely able to discuss the topics that interest me most and over the years I have learned alot on all subjects discussed and I love to share all my knowledge on every single board, I was unaware for any votes I received so I just figured i'm not getting any since i'm not hearing about it lol.

Just on a side note, I suffer from depression and don't come from a family that likes to support me, esspecially not for my believes, and it's too easy for me to think nobody supports me.

I apologize for this outburst and I will not let this happen again

I'm a sore loser sometimes

Now I drew too much attention to my self i'll just stop rambling

-goes back to being embarresed but definitly feeling a bit beter-

Congrats to all the members who got in the primaries!
they are all well deserved.

P.S. i'd like to say that I definitly have a complex with the people around here, I look up to Gazrok and SkepticOverlord as they are like the President of the US or something, but they are just people like my self, but I definitly feel flattered everytime I hear my name on here...

Ok, i'll stop

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Just on a side note, I suffer from depression and don't come from a family that likes to support me, esspecially not for my believes, and it's too easy for me to think nobody supports me.

Welcome to our big, nuerotic, paranoid, depressed, selfish, rude, and sometimes comforting new family!...

warning: we don't cook at holidays, just a big wennie roast... (hint, don't be the wennie)
you are in good, albeit sometimes rude, company.
cheers

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

....I look up to Gazrok and SkepticOverlord as they are like the President of the US or something...

Gazrok and SkepticOverlord are now in the process of demanding that Hail to the Chief be played once they enter their local supermarket.

GroundZero

Keep your head up man!! We're all a little different around here.

Peace

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! OH MY GOSH! THE ANTICIPATION IS JUST KILLING ME!

Any minute now!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
WHO GOT PICKED! WHO GOT PICKED!

*valhall takes a valium and waits*

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hurry up with the results! Can't wait to see who's continuing on.

Good luck everyone!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join