It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Council Member Primaries!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry I didn't yet finish my selections for the nominations in time. I was almost done picking, but not quite when the nominations closed. However, I did just vote the "primarys".

Good luck to all who were nominated, and to those who made it to the primarys.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
WOAH!

When I was voting I had some hard choices to make, and I even voted for a couple that I disagree with 90% of the time. It was their effort that won me over.

When I got to PATS and saw my name there I shipped a gold brick. How can someone so disliked get enough votes to make it that far? Is there more than 4 conservatives on here? wow, I feel honored but shocked just the same.

Come on folks, you wouldn't want an anti-Tulipwalker on your council now would you?

Anyway, thanks....maybe I should try politics as a real job, oh wait that is an oxymoron isn't it?

Kinda like an ethical lawyer....There damn sure aren't many of them.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by edsinger]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I voted, unlike the citizens of the USA!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
God Bless US

Originally posted by DucKid
I voted, unlike the citizens of the USA!

Ha! Shows how much YOU know!

Some of us are so patriotic that we vote extra times so that those who can't make it to the polls can still be heard.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I hope everyone votes for the 13 year olds that have nothing better to do than post here (and we wonder why our kids can't add). We deserve it for this.

Apparently you can't abstain from a category so I won't be voting.

Sorry to you respectable people like Vallhall and Off_the_street. I can't vote for you. Good luck, I nominated you. I hate this whole thing, I just hope the good voters do what's right and not vote for those who "chat" with the most. Or you see posting brown-nosing comments in board business the most.

I'm honestly cutting up a sock and wearing a black band myself tommorow.
I just can't tell people why.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
djohnsto77 and Nerdlings for Council!!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Remember to vote infinite

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
For The Love Of Pete

Originally posted by PistolPete
I hope everyone votes for the 13 year olds that have nothing better to do than post here (and we wonder why our kids can't add). We deserve it for this.

Do we really? While I can, as a skeptic of this whole thing, understand the sentiment, I advise against passing such a judgment against all your fellow ATS members.

We're not all 13-year-olds, and besides that, I know a few kids in that age range that would probably be better councilors than most of us.

What matters is not who we are somewhere else, but who we are when we are here.

If You Choose Not To Decide

Apparently you can't abstain from a category so I won't be voting.

Sorry to you respectable people like Vallhall and Off_the_street. I can't vote for you. Good luck, I nominated you. I hate this whole thing, I just hope the good voters do what's right and not vote for those who "chat" with the most. Or you see posting brown-nosing comments in board business the most.

I am also abstaining, and wish to point out that I see no dishonor in not voting.

Bear in mind, however, that choosing not to vote is still a choice. It's a choice to allow others to make these decisions for you.

Some people knock that, but I don't. As far as I'm concerned, the only people who have any business voting in any election are those who care enough to vote.

The rest of us can sit around and wait for the results.

For the record, though I have voiced major reservations about politicizing ATS, I do think my fellow ATSers will tend to make good choices.

Your mileage may vary.

Sock It To Me

I'm honestly cutting up a sock and wearing a black band myself tommorow.
I just can't tell people why.

If you really care that much about what's going on, I think you can do better than going around wearing a sock on your arm.

Honestly.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

If You Choose Not To Decide

Bear in mind, however, that choosing not to vote is still a choice

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"*
Thats a quote from one of my favorite Rush songs, and it is also a valid point. If you don't want to vote, you shouldn't feel like you have to.
I, however, decided to voice my opinion in suport of ATS's new democratic style of election. But thats just my choice. "I will choose a path that's clear, i will choose free will"*

*Quotes from the RUSH song 'Free Will'

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
would someone post the possible candidates list, so that we can see what our options are... (and to verify that we see them all)?
I seriously don't remember seeing many of the candidates on my list that should have been there.

I had a choice of about 7-10 members in each catagory

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well done to all those nominated. I voted for shorty and uk wizard and the like........................

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
One thing I'm curious about is what happens to the votes for the people who have withdrawn? There seems to be quite a few that are no longer in the running, and I know I voted for at least one of them. And are those who voted for people who dropped out allowed to go back and make another selection?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

One thing I'm curious about is what happens to the votes for the people who have withdrawn? There seems to be quite a few that are no longer in the running, and I know I voted for at least one of them. And are those who voted for people who dropped out allowed to go back and make another selection?

Just a primary...to whittle down the number of candidates... The election is still to come, so there'll be more voting. So, you'll be able to make another selection when the actual vote comes.

I'd imagine the final election to be like 3 candidates per position or something, but SO has the final word on that...then a general election from those candidates. This is supposition of course....

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't even know why we're voting, it's so obvious I'm going to win... Maybe when I win, I'll just dissolve this little "voting" nuissance so that I can maintain my power...

Wait, did I just type that stuff out loud? Whoops!

Zip

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
I don't even know why we're voting, it's so obvious I'm going to win... Maybe when I win, I'll just dissolve this little "voting" nuissance so that I can maintain my power...

I dont think your a safe vote, I think I'm telling!

lol

pao

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
good luck guys, i voted.

please no watergate scandals or intern scandals tho.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I do not believe that we are going to be voting ~INTERNS~ on the boards

....but hey, it is Simon's site... not mine. That makes him 'Da Bigga Boss a runna tings'..............From what is taking place here now, you can tell the 'Bigga Boss' is working hard on democratic based platform for our beloved ATS.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just a primary...to whittle down the number of candidates... The election is still to come, so there'll be more voting. So, you'll be able to make another selection when the actual vote comes.

Hmmmm....maybe the heading "ATS Council Member Primaries" should've been my first clue
Thanks for clearing it up

One thing I've asked a couple of times now that still has yet to be answered is what kind of time frame do we have for this? I mean, maybe I missed it somewhere, and if I did someone please let me know. But I would like to see some kind of tentative schedule for the elections and everything that goes along with them. I know SO has a lot of things he's got to take care of, but even some kind of sketch of the timeframe would be good.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My guess is that it depends on amount of votes in and how quickly...as he had to browbeat many into participating in the nominations, let alone the primaries...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What is this, vote for the one with the best friggin' avatar?!

I'm so sick I never get a little bit of credit around here for my contributions, never 1 WATS vote (not that I really care, i'll never win a WATS award, never expect it) to show appriciation, I don't know why I never received an applause for my contributions, many members get them for just sharing their opinion, or is there favoratism here? because I think a little less main stream I get treated like an outcast? WHY am I always the outcast around here.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE to get some recognition for once.

It's not like i'm selfish and want all the credit for my self, far from it, I haven't mentioned other such members yet that simply don't get credit because their post might not sound as intelligent and lose all their credibility...

This really makes me reconsidder my membership...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join