It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

angels???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i just read the post:make the conspiracy explicit in this forum and now i dont know if this is in the right forum or not!!
mods, please move it if its in the wrong forum, thanks, i really appreciate it!

so, i heard that- assuming everyone know the story of joan of arc(god told her to lead the french to victory, yada yada yada)- instead of god TELLING her to lead the french to victory, he HELPED her! He did this by sending two immortal angels down to help her!

please give me any more info on this, i dont have much details!

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've never heard of that before. That god conspired to defeat the englisch with the aid of angels. Interesting tho.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yeah i know, its weird i never heard of it before today either

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
the movie

is a very interesting work. I could spend days talking about it.

My assessment is, it's not out of God's realm to tell someone to take back their home when violated (see Old Testament), but launching an offensive to dominate doesn't seem Old or New Testament. Maybe that was a turning point. She should'a quit after France was restored perhaps? Maybe God spoke with her, maybe not, nobody can really say. Being this all happened post-New Testament and New Covenant, I think it's highly unlikely. The reasons for retaking land in the Old Testament no longer exist.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
the movie

is a very interesting work. I could spend days talking about it.

My assessment is, it's not out of God's realm to tell someone to take back their home when violated (see Old Testament), but launching an offensive to dominate doesn't seem Old or New Testament. Maybe that was a turning point. She should'a quit after France was restored perhaps? Maybe God spoke with her, maybe not, nobody can really say. Being this all happened post-New Testament and New Covenant, I think it's highly unlikely. The reasons for retaking land in the Old Testament no longer exist.

well, maybe she did follow his orders about reclaiming the land and then he sorta told her to stop, but she just kept going

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Because of the lack of histoical records or at least unbias ones there are many theories about Joan of Arc, and some of them don't even believe she exisited to begin with.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sites such as these:

members.aol.com...
www.smu.edu...

Seem to suggest not only did she exist, but letter, trial manuscripts, geneology, and 15th century portraits are still available. If it's fiction, then I think J.R.R Tolkien has met his match.

Hey, would you look at that? There's angels on her standard. Perhaps recording a visit? I dunno.

On second look, Milla Jovovich looked a lot like her (pictured in 'The Messenger')

[edit on 26-5-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I told PP in school about this before i registered on ats ive been lukkin for it ever since i'm gonna kill him
:bash:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
First, I have an unshakeably firm conviction that there are angels, spirits, guides, souls, whatever name, among us. Not trying to convince anyone, so... I recall reading that Joan was told she would win the battles, and that the French rulers would let her, a teenage girl proclaiming she talks to angels, command their army.... which they did... an amazingly unlikely thing in itself. Surprisingly, it all played out as predicted. Then, I was under the impression she requested of the leaders that she be let go, to return home, and live a normal life. That was all she wanted, from what I read, and she actually did not like the fact that she had to be the one that saw the angels, and looked at it more as a curse than a gift... which is a common complaint of those who have recounted encounters with anything paranormal..... It sounds like it is more of a hassle than its worth, to many. The leaders refused her request, though, and forced her to stay on.... and the rest of her life story is burned into our history books....
That was the way I learned it......
My guides, guardian angels, soul family, or whatever, have had a busy time of it. I should be dead at least 6 times over.....only to emerge untouched.. to my utter disbelief each time. I've not yet found out why they have bothered though. Seems to be an undeserved blessing from this viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
But some people are in my view, like Mother Teresa, and countless people I have met who just emanated acceptance and warmth, that make you feel right at home instantly, that you just feel comfortable with right away. They would say they aren't angels, of course, cuz they are always modest and don't like to blow their own horn, but I can say they are, cuz I have nothing to gain from it. And some angels are not people, in my view, but they are all around us nonetheless. I have never seen one. So why do I believe? I would say that it is because I do not feel that everyone who has said they have seen an angel actually did not, I feel that some of them did see angels. Besides, when you walk away from probable death without a scratch 6 times, undeservedly, it just seems too unlikely that it is just dumb luck. Should have been killed, not a scratch, six times, could be luck, but I say that it is not. I could be wrong, but if you disagree and think that angels are fantasy, well, you could be wrong too. Logic is not omnipotent, sometimes the odds dont add up.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
But some people are in my view, like Mother Teresa, and countless people I have met who just emanated acceptance and warmth, that make you feel right at home instantly, that you just feel comfortable with right away. They would say they aren't angels, of course, cuz they are always modest and don't like to blow their own horn, but I can say they are, cuz I have nothing to gain from it.
Maybe, too, at the time, they have not yet realized they are angels. Not all sent from God know it from birth--if angelic spirit in human body, that is. It would seem to me that it wouldn't do much good to be an angel in a human body unless one grew up believing themselves to be human. Then when their angelic faith was brought to fruition, by God, it would bring great works done with a truly humble spirit.

Dunno.

top topics

join